dano Ventura is looking for his first victory since June 17. He is 0-5 with a 5.40 ERA | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
q123 Mär 22 '19
SOUTH WILLIAMSPORT, Pa. Stitched New York Giants Jerseys . -- Dalton Chandler came on in relief and struggled for Sammamish, Wash., in its Little League World Series opener. Then he stepped up to the plate and turned things around. "The hitting made me feel a little better. I was still a little nervous," Chandler said. Chandler allowed three runs before hitting a single, double and triple in four plate appearances, and Sammamish used four pitchers to beat Corpus Christi, Texas, 8-4 on Thursday to advance to the second round. Jack Carper had a home run among his three hits and Nathan Fitzgibbons drove in two runs for the Northwest champions, who moved on to a winners bracket game Sunday against Westport, Conn., which beat South Nashville, Tenn., 3-2 in the night game. Westport trailed 2-1 before rallying with a pair of runs in the fifth inning. "We got down but weve been in tough spots several times this year and the kids always find a way to battle back," Westport coach Tim Rogers said. "They know how to keep grinding." Sammamish jumped out to a 4-0 lead in the top of the first inning, and manager Rob Chandler -- Dalton Chandlers father -- had already planned to pull starter Jacob Dahlstrom after around 50 pitches. Dahlstrom wound up throwing 53 and departed with two Corpus Christi runners on base in the third inning before Dalton Chandler took the mound. "We had a game plan that hed go 50 (pitches) and wed try to preserve pitch counts," Rob Chandler said. Before Chandler recorded his first out, he walked two, allowed a base hit and threw a wild pitch. By then, Juan Sosa, Christian Servantes and Brandon DeLeon had scored to pull Corpus Christi to 5-4. Sosa scored on the wild pitch and Servantes followed when the ball was thrown errantly back toward home plate. Will Armbruester and Jack Matheson followed Chandler to the mound over the final three innings and limited Corpus Christi to two hits to preserve the victory. Carper and Chandler scored in the top of the sixth to help Sammamish pull away. "Our kids are tough when it comes to the pressure side of things. Thats a big reason why were here," Rob Chandler said. Corpus Christi will face South Nashville on Saturday. In the international bracket, Tijuana, Mexico, beat Perth, Australia, 14-0 in a game that ended after four innings because of the 10-run rule, and Aguadulce, Panama, beat San Lorenzo, Puerto Rico, 9-4. Tijuana will face Aguadulce on Sunday, while Perth will face San Lorenzo on Saturday. CONNECTICUT 3, TENNESSEE 2 Ricky Offenberg homered and Chad Knight had a run-scoring double during a fifth-inning rally that lifted Westport to the win. Knight gave Westport the lead after Offenberg tied it 2-2 with a leadoff homer. Ben Pickman homered on reliever Harry Azadians first pitch to give South Nashville a 2-1 lead, but Azadian retired the next five batters. Pickman and Knox Preston had a pair of hits apiece for South Nashville. MEXICO 14, AUSTRALIA 0 Brandon Meza struck out eight and knocked in three runs, and Brandon Montes added a three-run homer for the Mexican champions in the third inning. Perth was the first team from the continent to qualify for the LLWS after Australia became its own region for the first time this year. Chase Diggans had the first two hits in LLWS history for Australia, including a first-inning double. PANAMA 9, PUERTO RICO 4 Armando Lopez knocked in three runs, and Daniel Fernandez and Juan Crisp each hit a two-run homer for Panama. The Latin American champions took control with five runs in the bottom of the second. Lopez had a two-run triple and Fernandez hit the first home run of the LLWS. Puerto Rico scored four runs in the top of the fourth to pull to 6-4 before Crisp homered in the bottom half and Lopez added an RBI single in the fifth. Discount Cheap Giants Hoodies .com) - The game was all punts and field goals before Kodi Whitfields catch. Sale Football Giants Jerseys .com) - Following a late-game loss to the reigning NBA champs, the Toronto Raptors will look to sustain their recent high-level play as they travel to Indiana to take on the Pacers. http://www.cheapnewyorkgiantsjerseysauthentic.com/ . -- Adam Snyder returned to the San Francisco 49ers this season because the offensive lineman thought it was his best opportunity to win a championship. KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- Aaron Sanchez can be beat, just not often.Danny Duffy outpitched Sanchez, stopping a 10-game winning streak by the Toronto ace and leading the Kansas City Royals over the Blue Jays 4-2 on Saturday night.Sanchez (11-2) hadnt lost since April 22 against Oakland. He allowed four runs and nine hits in six innings.Its not like I thought he was out there distracted or rattled or anything, Blue Jays manager John Gibbons said. They just beat him. Nobodys invincible.Sanchez still leads the AL with a 2.85 ERA.The Blue Jays opted earlier this week to go with a six-man rotation instead of putting the 24-year-old Sanchez in the bullpen in an effort to limit his innings. Sanchez said he was absolutely happy with the decision to keep him in the rotation.It was definitely stressful early on, Sanchez said. But, we sat down and we talked about it and we came up with the best possible solution. Them asking me, me giving my input, and figuring out whats best.And I think when it came down to it, we sat down for a while and we came up with something they wanted to do and something I wanted to do. Something that we felt the team would like to. I think at the end of it, its all said and done and we can move forward now. And all this is behind.The All-Star righty pitched only 102 innings last year, including 9 2/3 in the minors on a rehab assignment after a shoulder injury. He has thrown 145 1/3 innings this season.Duffy (8-1) won his seventh straight decision. In his last start, he struck out a team-record 16 and permitted just one hit over eight innings at Tampa Bay. On Saturday, he held the Blue Jays to two runs and five hits over 6 2/3 innings.Kelvin Herrera picked up his fourth save in six chancees with a perfect ninth. Cheap New York Giants Gear. Devon Travis led off the game with a home run for the second straight night. He also had an RBI single in the fifth after Kevin Pillar doubled.Eric Hosmer hit a two-out, two-run single in a three-run fifth that made it 3-2. Alcides Escobars infield single scored Kansas Citys first run.That inning they did a really good job of playing small ball, Sanchez said. You got Hosmer coming up with a big hit to score two more, a weird inning. If I go back, I dont think Id take anything back. They did exactly what I wanted them to do; they kept the ball on the ground. Just didnt go my way tonight.Raul Mondesi had an RBI triple in the sixth for his first extra-base hit in his 11th game in the majors.The Royals scored more than three runs in a game for the first time in 10 games.LEADING OFFTravis became the first Blue Jay to hit a leadoff home run in back-to-back game since Jose Cruz Jr. on April 22-23, 2000, against the Yankees. Mookie Betts of the Red Sox was the last to accomplish that feat in the majors, doing it last month.TRAINERS ROOMRoyals: LHP Mike Minor (recovery from labrum surgery in left shoulder) is slated to throw five or six innings, up to 80 pitches, in a rehab start for Triple-A Omaha on Sunday. In his prior two rehab starts, he has allowed no earned runs and struck out eight in 5 2/3 innings.UP NEXTBlue Jays: RHP Marcus Stroman, who struck out a career-best 13 Astros on Monday, starts the series finale.Royals: RHP Yordano Ventura is looking for his first victory since June 17. He is 0-5 with a 5.40 ERA in his past seven starts. ' ' '