Eovaldi (7-6, 5.11) retuEovaldi (7-6, 5.11) returns to the rotationrns to the rotation | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
q123 Mär 24 '19
RIO DE JANEIRO - Andrew Bogut, Nick Kyrgios and Bernard Tomic should maybe all take a leaf out of John Millmans book. Balenciaga Shoes For Sale Canada .The 27-year-old, one of only two Australia players left in the mens singles at the Olympics after day one, has a simple approach to these Games that might perhaps benefit some of his nations better-known athletes.I can [only] speak from my experience and its not an event to miss, Millman said after making Games history by becoming the first man to shut out his opponent, his 6-0, 6-0 victory against Lithuanias Ricardas Berankis coming in just 50 minutes on Saturday.With all the rubbish stuff that goes on in the world, the Olympic Games is the world community coming together to celebrate not just athletes but compassion, friendship and respect for one another.Its humbling walking into a stadium among people from all over the planet.That could easily be taken as a swipe at Kyrgios and Tomic, both of whom have had differences of opinion with the Australian Olympic Committee and made themselves unavailable for the Games.It wasnt, but the implication was that Millman found their decisions strange.Nicks got his whole career ahead of him, he added. Nick and Bernie are not the only athletes who have sat out these Olympics and everyone has reasons for doing so.Theyre good enough players and they have both represented their country in Davis Cup, Im sure they will have a chance to play in the Olympics down the track.How about Australia basketball star Boguts less-than-complimentary tweets about the accommodation in the athletes village, then, maybe Millman shared those sentiments?Nope. There was a bit of smoke and mirrors there, the Brisbane player said. We are used to roughing it a little bit. Ive played my fair share on the Futures tour and we roughed it a lot more than in the village. Ive slept on floors and that sort of thing. Were kind of used to it.All the tennis boys are in the same kind of dorm and village life is good. With all these unbelievable sports people walking around, you dont get that [elsewhere].It was refreshing to get a positive take from the Australian camp, even if some of the complaints they have made about the facilities have been well founded.It has been unfortunate that theirs have been the loudest voices in the build-up to the Games because it has started to earn them a reputation around Rio for grousing. Even Millman slipped a little when he said having to eat the food in the village was tough.His result was a contrast to those of the other Australian men playing on the first day of the tennis tournament, as Jordan Thompson went down 6-4, 6-2 to Britains Kyle Edmund and Thanasi Kokkinakis lost 7-6 (4), 7-6 (3) to Portugals Gastao Elias.The latter result, which left Millman and Sam Groth in the draw, was tough on 20-year-old Kokkinakis, who hadnt played a match since last October because of a shoulder injury.He may not have enhanced Australian tennis image by getting himself told off by the umpire for quietly saying the F-word, but could probably be forgiven a bit of frustration.I was just hoping to play well and get through the match without an injury on the shoulder, he said after his first-round defeat. It was better than I thought it would beI was limited on some serves, hit a lot of double faults. It was a little bit of a big ask [being thrown back in at the Olympics] but it was my choice. I wanted to be in there and start somewhere. I was going to live with the result whatever happened.Kokkinakis, 20, is talented with a lot of potential but Australia having to rely on him didnt reflect well on the decisions of Kyrgios and Tomic.He was frustrated to go out after raising his game but not being able to sustain it and at least he chimed in with the sentiments of Millman, vowing to get over the defeat and enjoy a bit more of the Games. Discount Balenciaga Sneakers . Jeff Green scored 13 points and Kris Humphries 12 for the Celtics, who nearly blew an 18-point, second-half lead. Sullingers 20-20 was the first by a Celtics player since Kevin Garnetts first game in Boston in 2007. Garnett was dealt -- along with Paul Pierce -- to Brooklyn during the off-season. Balenciaga Sneakers Canada . The formidable trio of Canadian receivers -- individually known as Chris Getzlaf, Rob Bagg and Andy Fantuz -- will share the field at Mosaic Stadium one more time on Sunday. http://www.wholesalebalenciagacanada.com/ . -- Stanford squashed Oregons national championship hopes again, schooling the Ducks in power football. NEW YORK -- Alex Rodriguez finally has his best swing, the Yankees No Runs DMC bullpen trio is rolling and theyre all trying to keep the band together.Rodriguez hit his 696th career homer , Ivan Nova grinded through six innings and the Yankees bullpen triad closed up shop for the second straight game to help New York beat the Baltimore Orioles 2-1 on Monday night.New York (46-46) pulled within 7 1/2 games of first-place Baltimore in the AL East. Its 2-2 on a 10-game homestand that could determine whether the Yankees are buyers or sellers at the Aug. 1 deadline.We definitely want to keep all the guys around and keep this together, Rodriguez said.Nova (7-5) needed 60 pitches to get through three but allowed just a solo homer to Jonathan Schoop. He handed a 2-1 lead over to New Yorks bullpen troika of Dellin Betances, Andrew Miller and Aroldis Chapman.No Runs DMC, possibly in its final days with Miller and Chapman rumored to be on the trade block, covered the final three innings to extend its scoreless streak to 22 innings. The Yankees are 18-1 when all three relievers pitch in the same game.Chapman got his 19th save. He threw five pitches of 104 mph or higher, reaching 105.1 on his sixth pitch to J.J. Hardy -- the fastest pitch in the majors since MLBs Statcast system began measuring in 2015.Hes just such an outlier, Miller said.Chapmans last pitch was 104.9. He got Ryan Flaherty out on a grounder with a runner on first -- the bouncing ball hit part of Flahertys shattered bat in the middle of the diamond before being easily handled.Nova had a 6.93 ERA in his past five starts but was coming off 10 days rest.I worry when he has a lot of extra rest because hes a sinkerballer, manager Joe Girardi said. It took him about three innings really to find his command, and he was really good after that.After New York failed to score in the first inning for the 22nd consecutive game, Rodriguez turned on a 2-0 fastball from Kevin Gausman for his ninth home run leading off the second.The 40-year-old Rodriguez was making his fourth straight start coming out of the All-Star break, going 1 for 10 in the first three games. Since his last homer on June 18, hed gone 10 for 50 with one double in 15 games.Yankees outfielder Carlos Beltran said it looked like A-Rod got back his A-swing on the homer.Its been a struggle, Rodriguez said. Ive been really bad this year. Ive been working my butt off and I just havent been able to figure it out.New York got its other run via Brian McCanns sacrifice fly in the third. Balenciaga Sneakers Sale Canada. Gausman (1-7) pitched 6 2/3 innings, allowing two runs and six hits while striking out six.I wish I could take back one pitch. Thats really it, Gausman said. Even McCanns, he kind of got it just deep enough to get that run in. But I felt like I kind of locked in and got better as the game went on, so not really much you can do.Gausman fell to 0-1 in three starts against New York this season despite a 1.31 ERA over 20 2/3 innings. Baltimore entered averaging five runs per game but just 3.40 in Gausmans starts. With star slugger Chris Davis out with an illness, the Orioles had just five hits in another muted performance behind Gausman.Its pretty rare for us to only get one, Gausman said. I dont take it personal.Carlos Beltran added three hits for the Yankees to raise his average to .303.LOOK OUTRodriguez dived away from Gausmans 98 mph fastball headed for his head in the sixth -- the pitch drew boos from the Yankee Stadium crowd. Gausman struck out Rodriguez swinging at a splitter in the dirt on the next pitch.TRAINERS ROOMOrioles: C Matt Wieters went for X-rays after the game on his right foot. He was hit by a pitch in the first inning but stayed in the game. Im waiting with a little anxiety on whats going to show, manager Buck Showalter said. ... Davis spent Sunday night at a hospital and got IV fluid. Showalter said the first baseman stayed at the hotel Monday night. ... OF Hyun Soo Kim missed his fourth straight game with a strained right hamstring. The Orioles hope to decide Tuesday whether to place Kim on the disabled list. ... Reliever Darren ODay (right hamstring) will throw a simulated game on Tuesday.Yankees: 1B Mark Teixeira sat out a second straight game with a sore left foot. A CT scan came back negative on Sunday. Rob Refsnyder started at first. ... The Yankees reinstated OF prospect Mason Williams from the 60-day disabled list and optioned him to Triple-A Scranton/Wilkes-Barre.UP NEXTOrioles: RHP Vance Worley (2-0, 2.87) makes his first start since moving to the bullpen following two starts in April. He has a 2.23 ERA in 18 games as a reliever, and Baltimore is hoping that success translates and bolsters one of the worst rotations in the AL.Yankees: RHP Nathan Eovaldi (7-6, 5.11) returns to the rotation after making three appearances in the bullpen. He pitched 7 2/3 scoreless innings as a reliever. ' ' '