ur of the West Indies.I am really excited to get back in th | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
q123 Mär 27 '19
                                      I anchor SportsCenter late on Saturdays and Sundays. Cheap Wholesale Nike Basketball Shoes . I usually get to sleep around 4 a.m. on both nights. This past Sunday I woke up at 11 a.m. (I average 4-6.5 hours of sleep a night) and saw the following tweet:Bob works for the Elias Sports Bureau. (Patrik Elias has no known connection with Elias as far as you know.)This is not a surprise. Scoring will never be what it was before, and the reasons are clear:1. The skating pool is only getting quicker and deeper.Everyone skates so well that time and space continue to dwindle. A potential scoring play is often broken up by an outreached stick from a player able to close quickly. The world is training players better and at a younger age, which has resulted in a deep pool of speed and agility. Also, improved and safer equipment, along with coaches and teammates demanding defense, has resulted in an epidemic of shot blocking.Possible solution: I really believe making all power plays 4-on-3 is one way that wouldnt offend (some) or dent the traditions of the game that some understandably hold dear. This would allow for more time and space, possibly less shot blocking and a higher power-play percentage. What it also would do is allow for occasional 3-on-3 time when the team on the power play takes a penalty. Also, when a power play ends, you have 4-on-4 time until the next whistle. This would allow just a few more opportunities of open ice for players to make plays without getting stick-checked or a shot-blocked.2. Goalies are only getting better with a deeper pool.This has been going on for a few years, but there are hordes of goaltending talent on the way. Goalies are getting coached at a very young age by very good coaches. They understand playing the odds to increase the chances of the puck hitting them, they have sound and smart positioning, and they know how to train for agility. Add hockey sense, size and natural athleticism, and it is hard to score goals from high school on up.Possible solution: Goalies have to remain safe and the equipment must offer full protection. However, there is room to make equipment smaller. You cant pour Cinnamon and Spice Instant Oatmeal in the crease to slow down the goalies, so the only answer to boost offense just a little would be a larger net to shoot at.3. The net remains the same size.Goalies are bigger and better. Equipment is bigger and safer, eliminating the fear factor goalies had until around the mid-1990s. When offense suffered, baseball lowered the mound and made ballparks a little smaller. Football rewrote pass interference. Basketball eliminated hand checking and added the 3-point line. This made it more difficult to defend. Hockey hasnt done this. They dont think offense. They think defense. For some reason, thinking offense in hockey makes you a freak.Possible solution: Following through on pledges of smaller equipment would increase the open net area by a little, as stated above. But if there is a hesitance to do that because of possible injury, then just increase the size of the net a fraction. It would mean that those posts and crossbars you hear would turn into goals. Why is this so offensive? The game is nothing like it was in the 1930s, 40s, 50s, 60s, etc. Records never really matter much because the game changes so much over time.Yes, the game of hockey is fine. I love watching it on TV and I love going to games. I actually think the lower scoring and lack of fighting and big open-ice hits has hurt the at-the-game experience more than the TV experience. Today, you can attend a game that is 2-1 or 3-2 with no fights, no open-ice hits and few get-out-of-your-seat moments.Many games are saved or extremely augmented by the hair-on-fire 3-on-3 experience. Those overtimes are all offense, instinct and no overcoaching to put a drag on the excitement. I would just like to re-create those moments a little bit more during regulation and get a little more offense in the game. What is wrong with more 6-4 games? Thats basically a 42-28 football game. Is that an obscene football score?Competition for entertaining continues to grow. We want our game to be fun, to be talked about, to have a strong word-of-mouth essence. We want it to matter and have the great talent to shine on a nightly basis.Thats it. My yearly Lets get more offense blogumn.As you were. As I was. Cheap Nike Basketball Shoes . After a first half in which he thought "the lid was on the basket," the Toronto Raptors coach watched his squad mount a second half surge to defeat the Cleveland Cavaliers 98-91. Cheap Nike Basketball Shoes Online . Olli Jokinen, Mark Scheifele, and Bryan Little each had a goal and an assist as Winnipeg won 5-2, handing Calgary its record-setting seventh consecutive loss on home ice. http://www.cheapnikeshoesbasketball.com/ . The 25-year-old Japanese star has officially been posted by his club team, the Rakuten Golden Eagles. David Warner may yet miss both of Australias warm-up matches in Sri Lanka, but both he and coach Darren Lehmann are confident he will be fit and ready for the first Test starting on July 26.Warner missed the second half of the recent one-day tri-series in the West Indies due to a broken finger and he is expected to sit out of an intra-squad practice match in Sri Lanka next week. The Australians hope Warner will be able to play a first-class tour game that follows, but even if he misses that he could still figure in the first Test.Ive done it before, Warner told reporters in Sydney on Friday, referring to going into a Test with no warm-up games. Ive picked up a bat and gone back out there and tried to play to the best of my abilities. Sometimes it comes off. You always want some time in the nets.For myself, Ive said in the past, less is more. I prefer to go into a lot of the games fresh. I dont usually hit a lot leading into any series or any game. I just like to go in there and bat for 20 minutes or so.The injury to Warners left index finger, sustained while fielding in an ODI in St Kitts, has prevented him from any form of batting for nearly a month. Warner said more than batting, he was concerned about how ready he would be to take an active part in the field for Australia, in his usual position in the slip cordon.The biggest thing for myself is the fielding aspect, Warner said. I field in the slips, so Im going to hhave to try take a handful of catches there to make sure its nice and warm. Nike Basketball Shoes Clearance. ustralias coach Darren Lehmann was equally confident that Warner would be ready to take his place alongside Joe Burns at the top of the order for the first Test. Shaun Marsh is the back-up batsman in Australias squad who would likely step in if Warner was ruled out.He will be fine, Lehmann told the Age. He probably wont play the two-day game but should play the first-class game - the tour game before we play the first Test. Even if he didnt, I am not too worried about that. He is one of these guys who picks up a bat quite quickly.He has had broken fingers and injuries before, and we have just plugged him back into Test cricket and he is fine. We would like him to play the tour game and, hopefully, medically he can, but if he cant, I am not too stressed. As long as he is available for the first Test.Lehmann is also returning from some time off, having stayed at home in Australia while Justin Langer stood in as head coach for the tour of the West Indies.I am really excited to get back in the hot seat, if you like, Lehmann said. Justin did a great job and obviously had a good result in the West Indies. I think he summed it up beautifully, the way we have a bit of improvement to do in that format of the game. ' ' '