n the week whether he would be on the field or in an u | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
q123 Mär 28 '19
RIO DE JANEIRO -- After a year full of injury and heartbreak, Allyson Felix ended her fourth Olympics like the most decorated woman in U. Cheap Wholesale Air Max Shoes .S. track and field history should: arms raised in triumph, crossing the finish line in first place.Felix anchored the womens 4x400-meter relay to a gold medal Saturday, rebuffing a challenge from Jamaica down the final stretch to win by several yards. It was the ninth medal of Felixs career, including six golds, second only to Carl Lewis 10 medals among American track and field athletes.Its very special to have these records. Im just so grateful, Felix said. Track and field has brought so much joy to my life, to be able to look back over the years at the things Ive been able to accomplish, its a blessing.The U.S. mens 4x400 relay also won gold, avenging a rare loss in the 2012 Olympics.The team of Felix, Courtney Okolo, Natasha Hastings and Phyllis Francis finished in 3:19.06. The U.S. women have now won the 4x400 in six consecutive Olympics, dating to 1996. Jamaica took silver in 3:20.34. Great Britain earned bronze in 3:25.88.Felix had planned to compete in the 200 and 400 in Rio, but a freak ankle injury hampered her training going into the U.S. trials, and she missed qualifying for the 200 by an excruciating .01 seconds. Then, in the Rio individual 400, she lost the gold by .07 seconds when Shaunae Miller of the Bahamas dove at the finish line. The loss was so devastating, Felix was still fighting back tears an hour after the race.In person, Felixs placid demeanor and slender 5-foot-6 frame make her seem almost reticent. On the track, though, she burns with intensity. She rebounded with a gold medal in the 4x100 relay, then ended the last night of track and field competition at Olympic Stadium with the 4x400 victory.It makes it very special, in a very tough year, she said.Felix turns 31 in November. She has been a star since age 18, when she won silver in the 200 at the 2004 Athens Olympics. Shes a champion in distances from 100 to 400 meters. She helped set the 4x100 world record of 40.82 seconds at the 2012 London Olympics.Could she return in 2020, for her fifth Olympics?Im taking it year by year, Im going to see how I feel, she said. If Im still passionate, still enjoying myself, Ill continue on. Right now I dont have any definite answer.Only Lewis and Finlands Paavo Nurmi, who won 12 track and field medals, have won more medals than Felix. She is tied with Jamaicas Merlene Ottey for the most by a woman track athlete. But Felix said those numbers have never been her motivation.For me its if I still want to do this, if I have the love for it, am I competitive enough, she said. At the end of the day you have to have that burning desire to get on the track and compete.The mens 4x400 also won big, with LaShawn Merritt running the anchor to finish in 2:57.30. Jamaica took silver in 2:58.16, and the Bahamas won bronze in 2:58.49.The U.S. men have historically dominated the event but lost to the Bahamas in 2012 when a fill-in replacement faded down the homestretch.On Saturday, Arman Hall led off for the U.S. and was in second place when he passed the baton to Tony McQuay. McQuay seized the lead and passed to Gil Roberts, who held the lead until handing off the Merritt for the anchor.This was about Team USA, a great group of guys I ran with, Merritt said. They made my job easy. We wanted this gold. We didnt get it in the last Olympics.The victory gave Team USA 31 total track and field medals in Rio, more than any other nation, and the highest U.S. total since winning 31 in 1952 and 1956.The Olympics are about representing your country, Merritt said. When I can do that on the track with a group of guys to end the Games, its a great feeling. Nike Air Max Shoes Wholesale China .C. -- Charlotte Bobcats coach Steve Clifford said after all of these years in the NBA hes still amazed at some of the things LeBron James does. Cheap Air Max China Free Shipping . Francis told several hundred members of the European Olympic Committees that when sport "is considered only in economic terms and consequently for victory at every cost . http://www.cheapairmaxchina.com/ . But now that hes in the NHL, the Calgary Flames centre showed big improvement in that department by scoring the winner in the eighth round of a 5-4 shootout victory over the Winnipeg Jets on Monday. JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- The Minnesota Vikings feel as if theyre back in the playoff picture.The Jacksonville Jaguars seem to be counting down the days until the season is over.Although both teams looked mostly lost the past two months, the Vikings used a trip to Jacksonville to gain some much-needed confidence and maybe even turn around a season that went awry after a 5-0 start.We needed this one, receiver Adam Thielen said. Our backs were against the wall.Matt Asiata scored on a short touchdown run, Kai Forbath kicked four field goals and the Vikings beat the hapless Jacksonville Jaguars 25-16 on Sunday, winning for just the second time in nine weeks.Sam Bradford completed 24 of 34 passes for 292 yards and a touchdown. He wasnt sacked and scrambled four times for 17 yards. His 3-yard TD toss to tight end Kyle Rudolph with 2:13 remaining sealed the victory.Minnesota (7-6) hadnt won on the road since Sept. 25 at Carolina and needed a victory to keep pace in the NFC playoff race. With games against Indianapolis, Green Bay and Chicago remaining, the Vikings believe they can win out and slide in.I wouldnt say we were desperate, but definitely there was a sense of urgency, receiver Stefon Diggs said. When you get desperate or get in shambles and dont stay calm, cool and collective, thats when things dont go your way.Little went Minnesotas way Sunday, but it didnt matter.The Vikings lost the turnover battle, failed to score twice inside the 1-yard line , allowed a fourth-down conversion on a fake punt and missed an extra point.Those kinds of mistakes normally would result in a loss, especially on the road. Not against the Jaguars (2-11), who dropped their record-tying eighth consecutive game and fell to 0-6 at EverBank Field this season.Jacksonville now needs to win at Houston next week to avoid setting the single-season franchise record with nine straight losses. The club mark is 13 consecutive losses over two seasons.Its tough anytime you lose, quarterback Blake Bortles said. I know for me personally, I cant wait to play on Sunday the following week and get another opportunity and hopefully to try to erase some of this stuff thats going on and maybe wake up from this nightmare.With these last tthree weeks left and then having to live six months until you get another opportunity, I think is more fearful than counting down the days until its over. Cheap Air Max For Sale. I dont want to have to go through those six months.Here are some other things we learned from Minnesotas fourth straight win against Jacksonville:DEEP SHOTS: Known more for short passes than deep shots, the Vikings changed things up against the Jaguars. Bradford connected with Rudolph for 44 yards on the first play from scrimmage and then found Thielen for a 41-yard gain on Minnesotas second possession. Both set up field goals. He also found Diggs for a diving, 45-yarder in the first half.We created some explosive plays, and anytime you do that, it just makes it easier for the offense, Bradford said.LEE SHINES: Marqise Lee caught five passes for a career-high 113 yards, further establishing himself as Jacksonvilles go-to guy down the stretch. Allen Robinson finished with one reception for 17 yards, giving him nine catches for 90 yards in the past four games. Robinson, Bortles and offensive coordinator Nate Hackett held a private meeting this week in hopes of getting on the same page, but it was another dismal day for the 2015 Pro Bowl receiver. Lee, meanwhile, had another strong showing .Theyre all competing, but hes really standing out, said Jaguars coach Gus Bradley, who fell to 14-47 in four seasons. I like where hes at right now. I think hes playing with great competitive spirt and hes competing in his routes, hes competing in catching, hes competing in blocking.ZIMMER RETURNS: Vikings coach Mike Zimmer had no real issues in his first game back following eye surgery. Zimmer missed last weeks game against Dallas because of a detached retina and was unsure earlier in the week whether he would be on the field or in an upstairs box. Zimmer, who needed a doctors clearance to fly to Jacksonville, wore a patch over his right eye and had no limitations.I couldnt see to my right, but other than that, not really, he said.---For more NFL coverage: http://www.pro32.ap.org and http://www.twitter.com/AP-NFL ' ' '