e first nine holes, but I hung in there. I think tha | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
jcy123 Apr 15 '19
EUGENE, Ore. --?Oregon?athletic officials are preparing for a coaching search even though they have not yet fired Mark Helfrich, USA Today Sports has reported.As of 1 a.m. ET Sunday, a decision on Helfrichs future with the program had not been reached, a source told ESPNs Brett McMurphy. Helfrich is scheduled to hold his end-of-season news conference on Sunday afternoon, with the team banquet to follow.After Oregon lost to rival Oregon State 34-24 earlier Saturday to complete their regular season at 4-8, Helfrich told reporters he intended to head out on the recruiting trail Sunday. The defeat capped the Ducks worst season since a 3-8 finish in 1991.Helfrich said after the game there were no plans to speak with athletic director Rob Mullens. Asked if he believed his job was safe, Helfrich said he doesnt make that determination.Nobodys job is safe in college football, he said. Thats the nature of the beast. Im very proud of how our staff handled this year and how our players handled this year, but thats for someone else to decide.Speculation surrounding Helfrichs job security has been swirling over the past month, but Mullens has not yet come out to voice complete support for Helfrich.Asked to evaluate his coaching performance this season, Helfrich said, We didnt win enough games. Thats blunt. ... We have to own that part of it.Helfrich is 37-16 in his four years as head coach, but half of those losses came this season. He is only two years removed from a national title game appearance and a Heisman win by former Ducks quarterback Marcus Mariota, but the 4-8 season came on the heels of two major changes he made in hiring offensive coordinator Matt Lubick and defensive coordinator Brady Hoke after demoting his previous defensive coordinator, Don Pellum.Off-the-field issues have continued to mount for Oregon. Helfrich recently dismissed defensive lineman Austin Maloata after a DUI arrest. Oregon had previously given indefinite suspensions to defensive linemen Eddie Heard and Torrodney Prevot. Last week, wide receiver Darren Carrington was involved in an off-field incident in which he was accused of assaulting a former student after the Ducks win over Arizona State.Through the speculation, Oregon players have voiced support for Helfrich.After Saturdays loss, offensive lineman Cam Hunt said, I think Helfrich is the guy.Defensive back Tyree Robinson added, Its not all on Helfrich. We respect Helfrich. At the end of the day, were going to play for him. But its more than just that -- its players. Its not just the coach. [url=http://www.cheapworldcupjerseysauthentic.com/]World Cup Jerseys From China[/url] . Ferrer, trying to win his fourth title on Mexican soil, will next play South Africas Kevin Anderson, who eliminated American Sam Querrey,7-6 (2), 6-4. Also Wednesday, Gilles Simon (6) of France beat Donald Young of the United States 6-4, 6-3, Ukraines Alexandr Dolgopolov downed Frenchman Jeremy Chardy 6-3, 6-4 and Croatias Ivo Karlovic defeated Dudi Sela of Israel 7-6 (4), 6-2. [url=http://www.cheapworldcupjerseysauthentic.com/]Wholesale Soccer Jerseys China[/url] . -- In a span of seven Washington Redskins offensive plays, Justin Tuck sacked Robert Griffin III four times. [url=http://www.cheapworldcupjerseysauthentic.com/]http://www.cheapworldcupjerseysauthentic.com/[/url] . The nimble-footed quarterback got his wish, dashing through the snow and a weary defence all the way into the NCAA record book. [url=http://www.cheapworldcupjerseysauthentic.com/]Wholesale World Cup Jerseys[/url] . It just didnt show when he hit the ice. Berra made 42 saves and Kris Russell scored at 1:32 of overtime, lifting the Calgary Flames to a 3-2 victory over the Chicago Blackhawks on Sunday night. [url=http://www.cheapworldcupjerseysauthentic.com/]Cheap World Cup Jerseys 2018[/url] . Kyle Denbrook, a soccer player from Saint Marys University, took the CIS male athlete of the week honour. Stanley, a fourth-year business administration student from Charlottetown, scored both goals in a 2-0 win over Dalhousie on Friday and tallied again in a 1-0 win over Saint Marys on Sunday. PRIDDIS, Alberta -- Ariya Jutanugarn missed a chance to take a big lead into the final round of the Canadian Pacific Womens Open, making two late bogeys Saturday at Priddis Greens.A week after withdrawing from the Rio Olympics because of a left knee injury, the 20-year-old Thai player bogeyed the par-4 16th and par-5 18th for a 5-under 67.Feeling good, Jutanugarn said. I mean, I had two bogeys the last three holes, but I still shot 5 under, so its still good.At 17-under 199, she had a two-stroke advantage over South Koreas In Gee Chun.I keep the eye on me, Jutanugarn said. Im not really care like who the leader is, like what I say yesterday. I really want to play my game and be happy on the course.Jutanugarn won the Womens British Open in the event before the Olympics to tie Lydia Ko for the LPGA Tour victory lead with four. After a late meltdown in the major ANA Inspiration in April, Jutanugarn picked up the nickname May with three straight victories in the breakthrough month.After I won my first tournament, I kind of know how I play under pressure, so I know when I get really excited what I have to do, Jutanugarn said.Hitting 2-iron and 3-wood off the tee on the driving holes, Jutanugarn had seven birdies in an 11-hole stretch Saturday on the tree-lined layout.Chun shot a 66.I could see the putting lines very well, said Chun, the 2015 U.S. Womens Open champion. I was so good at rolling the ball on those lines, and I made really good up-and-downs today. Those really got my game going.South Koreas Sei Young Kim and Northern Irelands Stephanie Meadow were 12 under. Kim had a 68, and Meadow shot 69.Hitting fairways is key, said Meadow, a former Alabama player. The rough is pretty penal, especially with the greens being so firm, so if you can hit the fairways theres a lot of wedges into holes here, and if you can kind of dial in your yardages, youre going to make some birdies.Three-time champion Ko was tied forr 10th at 10 under, and Canadian star Brooke Henderson was nine strokes back at 8 under.ddddddddddddI hit the ball really solid and I gave myself so many looks at birdies, but really not one of them dropped, Ko said after a 70. When youre having those kind of days, its really hard for you to go low. It was a little bit of a struggle with the putter.Ko won the event three of the last four years, the first two as an amateur. The 19-year-old New Zealander won in 2012 at Vancouver Golf Club at 15 years, 4 months to become the LPGA Tours youngest winner and fifth amateur champion. She successfully defended her title in 2013, winning by five strokes in Edmonton. Last year back at Vancouver as a pro, she beat Stacy Lewis in a playoff.Henderson shot her second straight 68 after opening with a rain-delayed 72.I felt way better today, and I think feeling the energy from my massive crowds has definitely really helped that, the 18-year-old Henderson said. Through bad shots and good shots, theyre supporting me and giving me a little bit of extra energy and positive vibes. Thats really helped me the last two days.Henderson beat Ko in a playoff in June in the KPMG Womens PGA Championship for her first major title, and successfully defended her Cambia Portland Classic title last month.Alena Sharp topped the five Canadians to make the cut in the national championship, shooting a 67 to move into a tie for fifth at 11 under with Swedens Anna Nordqvist (66), South Koreas Ha Na Jang (67), Amy Yang (68) and Chella Choi (69).Started off kind of ugly, Sharp said. I was not hitting it well the first nine holes, but I hung in there. I think thats something thats gotten better with my game is when its not good, I realize, `OK, just keep grinding away, its going to change. And the last six holes were great. ' ' '