t from sports organizations.Bach made no mention of the scandal over state | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
jcy123 Apr 17 '19
PUEBLA DE SANABRIA, Spain -- Jonas Van Genechten of Belgium sprinted to win the Spanish Vueltas seventh stage on Friday after Alberto Contador crashed near the finish line. Wholesale New Balance Shoes .Contadors front wheel caught on another bike in a tight pack making a turn, sending him and other riders into the temporary barrier marking the courses final kilometer. Contador was quickly back on his bike but had several visible scratches and tears to his jersey as he slowly pedaled across the line.The seven-time grand tour winner, including three Vuelta titles, said his Tinkoff team would assess his health on Saturday morning.I was hit by someone that likes braking a lot and crashed on my left side, Contador said. I took a big hit on my calf and my quad, and in general I have extensive superficial wounds on the entire left side of my body. It hurts a lot but it seems that theres nothing broken.Colombian Darwin Atapuma held onto the overall lead of the grand tour, although Alejandro Valverde did chip into his advantage after picking up four bonus seconds for finishing third.Van Genechten, 29, beat a group of sprinters to claim the 158.5-kilometer (98-mile) stage over three category-three climbs from Maceda to Puebla de Sanabria in 3 hours, 55 minutes, 44 seconds.Van Genechten, who rides for IAM, called his first grand tour win the biggest victory of his career.At the Vuelta the chance for a win is very small, so we have to fight for every single chance, he said. This was one of my goals.Daniele Bennati crossed second.The days racing appeared relatively calm compared to the frantic sixth stage. That was until two-thirds of the way through when Astana charged to the front and set a punishing pace for over 20 kilometers that fractured the peloton.Astana then launched Luis Leon Sanchez on a breakaway, and the Spaniard put on an impressive run with Simon Clarke tagging along in his wake to almost beat the peloton to the finish -- only to be caught a few hundred meters (yards) from the end.It was a dramatic moment because we werent expecting Astanas push, nobody was, Atapuma said about the attack that momentarily dropped BMC team leader Samuel Sanchez. We recovered from the scare and were able to arrive without problems.Samuel Sanchez, however, went down in the small pileup after Contador crashed. He too quickly resumed racing to complete the stage, and his BMC team said he was relatively unscathed.Atapuma leads Valverde by 24 seconds overall. Tour de France winner Chris Froome remained :32 behind, while Nairo Quintana and Esteban Chaves are :38 back. Contador stayed almost two minutes adrift.Saturdays eighth stage is the first of three consecutive mountain stages, a 181.5-kilometer (112.7-mile) route from Villalpando finishing at the category-one La Camperona summit.The three-week race ends in Madrid in Sept. 11. Discount New Balance Shoes . Isner, ranked No. 14, won his eighth career singles title and took the title in New Zealand for the second time after his victory in 2010. The match was similar to Isners quarterfinal victory over fifth-seeded Philipp Kohlschreiber which went to three sets, all tiebreaks and contained no breaks of serve. Cheap New Balance Shoes China . -- Teemu Selanne scored the first goal of his 22nd NHL season, and the Anaheim Ducks extended the best start in franchise history with their fifth straight victory, 3-2 over the Calgary Flames on Wednesday night. http://www.newbalancediscount.com/ . -- Former San Diego Chargers safety Paul Oliver was found dead at his Atlanta-area home Tuesday night, and a medical examiner said Wednesday that the ex-player committed suicide. STRASBOURG, France -- International Olympic Committee President Thomas Bach has called on European governments to help combat the deficiencies in the global anti-doping system.In a speech to the Council of Europe in Strasbourg, Bach says the cooperation between the governments and the Olympic movement is vital.Bach says, over the past two years, deficiencies of the World Anti-Doping Agency ... have become apparent. He adds that it is encouraging to see that that agency is now starting to address those deficiencies. New Balance Cheap Shoes. Bach spoke four days after Olympic leaders agreed to strengthen WADAs role and make the anti-doping system more independent from sports organizations.Bach made no mention of the scandal over state-sponsored doping in Russia.He urged European countries to collaborate with the IOC, saying: We can only make progress by joining forces, working together. ' ' '