angry, but he got a little fired up in a very respe | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
jcy123 Apr 17 '19
SAN MARTIN, Calif. Zapatillas Jordan Retro Baratas . -- When Mirim Lee walked off the course following her record-tying round, she described her day with words usually not heard when talking about the U.S. Womens Open.So todays round was easy day -- easy round, yeah, Lee said.She sure made it look that way when she became the fifth golfer to shoot a round of 8-under par at the U.S. Womens Open on Thursday, making 10 birdies on the way to a 64 to take the first-round lead at CordeValle.With the greens not quite as firm as they likely will be later in the week and the wind not playing a major factor, there were low scores to be had throughout the field -- at least for the opening morning of the tournament when 23 players shot under par, including six of the top seven on the leaderboard.I definitely expect it to change, said Cristie Kerr, who was three shots behind Lee in a tie for second. I dont think the USGA likes when we shoot 8-under on their golf course. You have to expect it to change, and if it doesnt, then youll have opportunities to score.The play got much tougher in the afternoon when the wind picked up and only 14 players were under par, led by Amy Yang who birdied 18 to move into a three-way tie for second at -5 with Kerr and Minjee Lee.None of the players in the marquee group that featured three of the top four players in the world in Lydia Ko, Brooke Henderson and Lexi Thompson could break par. Ko birdied her final hole at No. 9 to finish the day 1 over, one shot ahead of Thompson and three in front of Henderson.Those three will need to do plenty of work to catch Lee.I dont know what course she played, maybe the ladies tees, maybe a different course, Ko said. But she played fantastic. We were checking the leaderboard, she made two bogeys and still shot 8-under. Its very impressive. She must have hit a lot of fairways and made good putts. I think obviously thats the key.Lee is the first woman to shoot that much below par at the U.S. Open since Lorie Kane and Becky Iverson did it in the second round in 1999 at Old Waverly in Mississippi. The lowest total score in a round in U.S. Open history is a 63 by Helen Alfredsson in 1994 at the par-71 Indianwood in Michigan.Lee capped her record day with birdie from about 8 feet on her final hole at the par-5 ninth.The course is perfect now, Mirim Lee said. Greens are really fast.Kerr, playing in the same group with Lee, nearly matched her stroke for stroke with players standing 3-under through their first 11 holes. But Lee birdied five of her final seven holes, while Kerr had three birdies and a bogey down the stretch as a gap opened between the two.Despite that, Kerr was quite pleased with how her round went considering the way she has played most of this year. The 2007 U.S. Open winner has not finished higher than 10th all season and missed two cuts in her three tournaments leading into this week.But with a new shaft on her driver, Kerr found her game in the opening round.When youre struggling to hit fairways, it makes the game a lot harder, Kerr said. And then the mental game gets off of it, its a whole process like that. But I knew when I found the driver this week that it just felt so much like my old driver and we found the right combination and even if I missed a little bit I could feel what I did wrong, I could feel the difference.Kelly Tan, Brittany Lang and Anna Nordqvist were tied with Yang four shots back at 4-under. Nordqvist hit all 18 greens in regulation, the first time that has happened at the U.S. Open since the statistic started being tracked in 1986. Sydnee Michaels, Moriya Jutanugarn and Eun Hee Ji were all at 3 under.So Yeon Ryu, the 2011 U.S. Open winner, shot a triple-bogey eight on her final hole at the ninth to fall from 4-under to 1-under.Defending champion In Gee Chun, followed by about a dozen members of the Flying Dumbo fan club wearing shirts that Chun designed, hit back-to-back bogeys on the front nine and finished 1 over. Chun is seeking to become the eighth player to repeat as U.S. Open champion and first since Karrie Webb did it 15 years ago. Tenis Air Jordan Baratos . Manuel was offered a position the day he was fired. He accepted earlier this week and the team made the announcement Friday. Air Jordan Baratas Online . LOUIS -- Heading into the final stretch of the season, the issues for the Chicago Bears banged-up defence only seem to be getting worse. http://www.airjordanbaratas.es/ .ca! Hi Kerry, Its another day and here we are looking at another dubious hit to the head. In this case Blue Jackets forward Brandon Dubinsky elbowed Saku Koivu in the head about a second after he dished off the puck to a teammate, knocking him unconscious. EDEN PRAIRIE, Minn. -- Minnesota Vikings kicker Blair Walsh has been tight-lipped in recent days about the struggles that prompted the team to bring in free agents for tryouts this week.Special teams coordinator Mike Priefer has been with Walsh for all five of his seasons in the league, so if anyone knows how the kicker is dealing with the criticism, Priefer might be the guy.It kind of lit a fire under him, Priefer said on Thursday. He was a little bit, got ticked off in a good way I think. Because hes a competitive young man. When you bring in guys that are potentially going to take your job, guys that want your job. Hes a competitive guy and thats the way you want him to react.After Walsh missed his third extra point, had a field goal blocked and errantly had a kickoff reach the end zone when it was supposed to land inside the 10-yard line in an ugly overtime loss to Detroit on Sunday, the Vikings brought in six kickers on Tuesday to look at as possible replacements. They ultimately decided not to sign any of the free agents this week, but it did send a clear message to Walsh that he needs to be more consistent.When asked how he thinks Walsh will respond, coach Mike Zimmer said: I wish I could say I have an idea, but I dont. But I do know this kid is pretty confident in his abilities and he wants to prove a llot of people wrong. Air Jordan Retro España. Thats part of it, too.The Vikings have lost three straight games after a 5-0 start, and they desperately need Walsh to figure things out heading into a game at Washington on Sunday. The straight-talking Zimmer appeared to be hinting at a parting with Walsh on Monday, but has since tried to reiterate his support for the kicker.The guy has missed three extra points. I can probably get 10 guys that screwed up three points this year, Zimmer said. We all make mistakes. I think the guy is a very talented guy.Priefer said he expects Walsh will pull himself out of the funk, as he did after a rough senior season at Georgia. Priefer said Walsh hit all eight of his tries in practice on Thursday, perhaps a little more focused after the tryouts earlier in the week.If he didnt react that way I would be really worried and then we probably would be looking for another guy, Priefer said. He got, I dont want to say angry, but he got a little fired up in a very respectful way. Just like he is, he always is. I expect him to go out and kick well for us this weekend and the rest of the year.---For more NFL coverage: http://www.pro32.ap.org and http://www.twitter.com/AP-NFL ' ' '