to improve against the run when they return to play on Nov. 13 | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
wzh123 Apr 18 '19
RIO DE JANEIRO -- Tripped or not, it seems nothing can stop Mo Farah over 10,000 meters in a major championship. Nike Tanjun Discount .Not his training partner clipping his heel in the Olympic final. Not the assembled power of Kenyas best trying to wear him down. Not the final kick of rival Paul Tanui.Farah, with thoughts of his daughter Rihanna flashing through his mind, proved again he is in a league of his own at the moment -- and right up there with the greatest in history.In a thrilling Olympic final, the Somali-born British runner even had time to put his hands on top of his head in the trademark Mobot sign, as well-known to distance runners as Usain Bolts signature pose.Its never easy but everyone knows what I can do, Farah said. I thought about all my hard work, and that it could all be gone in a minute.Farah has three Olympic gold medals from two Olympics and is preparing for the defense of his 5,000 title next week. A good bet considering he has gold in all major races over the distance going back to 2011.Although he would surely welcome a little simpler race next Saturday, when he has a chance to become the first man to win back-to-back Olympic long-distance doubles since Finnish great Lasse Viren in the 1970s.All was going well early on in the 10,000, when Farah was safely running in the pack with American training partner Galen Rupp. Then, after 10 laps, Rupp clipped Farahs heel and the defending champion was down.I bumped into him, there was a lot of pushing, Rupp said.Suddenly, Farahs path to a gold medal was significantly more difficult.When I fell down. For one moment I was thinking, `Oh my race is over, my dream is over, Farah said.Then, amid the mayhem of tens of thousands of fans shouting in disbelief, Farahs thoughts turned to his family and how he still needed a gold to keep everyone happy.Id promised my older daughter Rihanna I was going to get a medal for her and in my mind I was thinking I cant let her down, said Farah, who flashed a thumbs-up sign to show he was OK. The twins from 2012 have got one of each and Rihannas missing one so I thought, `I cant, I cant.Once he caught up with the pack again, the Kenyans made their move. Farah is known for his unmatched finishing kick, so wearing him down is the only way to win. And after his comeback from the fall, they would perhaps stand a chance.Not this time.Even when three Kenyans tried to push away from the pack with spurts of acceleration, there was no shaking Farah off.As each lap went down I was getting more confidence, confidence, confidence, he said.Farah took the lead with one kilometer to go, and usually that means the race is over. Yet this time, Tanui would not let go.A bunch of four trailed Farah at the bell, and Tanui saw his chance down the back straight to finally break Farahs hold on long-distance racing.But Farah produced yet another comeback and once he swerved past Tanui going into the final straight, he might as well have started his victory lap. He won in 27 minutes, 5.17 seconds, while Tanui held on for silver in 27:05.64 and Tamirat Tola of Ethiopia took bronze.Farah fell to the track at the finish, his face down, trying hard to take it all in.---Follow Raf Casert on Twitter at http://twitter.com/rcasert Nike Tanjun Shoes On Sale . -- Hunter Smith scored the winner with just 12 seconds remaining in the third period as the Oshawa Generals edged the host Sarnia Sting 5-4 on Friday in Ontario Hockey League action. Nike Tanjun Cheap . LUCIE, Fla. http://www.cheapniketanjun.net/ . The Vancouver coach and an announced sellout crowd of 18,910 watched in dismay as the Canucks lost 7-4 to the New York Islanders on Monday night by squandering a 3-0 lead in the third period. HOUSTON -- Houstons defense hasnt fallen apart without star defensive end J.J. Watt.In fact, it has been the strength of a team that enters its bye week 5-3 despite inconsistent play by new quarterback Brock Osweiler.Theres always room for improvement, but I think overall guys have stepped up their play across the board whether its the d-line, the linebackers, secondary, veteran cornerback Johnathan Joseph said. Its hard to replace the production (Watt) brings to the table, but I think were more than capable with the guys we have on defense and that just has to be our mentality.The Texans ranked fifth in the NFL through Sundays games in allowing 316.2 yards a game . Coach Bill OBrien has been impressed with the way his defense has responded without Watt.Injuries do happen, but look we have lost the three-time Defense Player of the Year and those are hard injuries to overcome for some teams, OBrien said. But not for this team so far because we have a resilient locker room and we have a bunch of guys in there that play hard.Their pass defense is allowing the second-fewest yards in the NFL with 190.5. The Texans have done this despite playing several games without a variety of starters in the secondary. Joseph sat out large portions of two games, cornerback Kareem Jackson missed two games and safety Quintin Demps has sat out the past three.Joseph shared why he thinks Houston has been so good against the pass this season.Players playing the right technique, (defensive coordinator) Romeo (Crennel) making great calls in great situations, guys challenging throws, the pass rush getting there and harassing the quarterback all day, he said.The emergence of cornerback A.J. Bouye has helped Houstons secondary remain solid despite the injuries. Bouye, who was signed to the team as aan undrafted free agent in 2013, has 33 tackles along with nine pass break-ups and a sack. Cheap Nike Tanjun Online. Watt was placed on the injured reserve after three games and had season-ending back surgery a few days later. Without Watt, who led the NFL in sacks with 17 1/2 last year, the Texans asked Jadeveon Clowney to expand his role. And for the first time in his injured-plagued career, the top overall pick in the 2014 draft has responded.Clowney moved from outside linebacker to defensive end to fill in for Watt and has thrived. He has 30 tackles, three sacks and leads the team with nine tackles for losses .Hes started all eight games after not starting more than four in a row in his first two years in the NFL. That, OBrien said, is a big reason why hes finally playing to his potential.The fact that hes out there every day at practice, getting all the reps in practice and then having all the reps in the games. Theres no substitute for that, he said. When youre young and youre injured and youre in and out of the lineup or youre not in the lineup for a long time, its hard. Its hard to make up that lost ground and I think hes done a really good job of being out there every day and hes been one of our most productive players. No doubt about it.While the Texans have been great against the pass, theyre hoping to improve against the run when they return to play on Nov. 13 at Jacksonville after their bye. Houston is allowing 125.8 yards rushing per game, which is unacceptable to Crennel.I put all the pressure on myself ... they need to play better (and) I need to coach better, Crennel said.---For more NFL coverage: www.pro32.ap.org and www.twitter.com/AP-NFL ' ' '