dddddddddd.Gold Coast, Brisbane, Collingw | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
jcy123 Apr 20 '19
WIMBLEDON, London --?Daniel Evans followed?Marcus Willis in securing a dream match against Roger Federer here, but he wont be taking any fashion tips from his fellow Briton.You suspect, like Willis on Wednesday, the 26-year-old from Birmingham, England may get the Centre Court treatment in his third-round clash with the seven-time Wimbledon champion, after being?Alexandr Dolgopolov 7-6(6), 6-4, 6-1.Ill be wearing a different top to Willis, wont have an RF, Evans said, however. Nor will it have DE on it.Im surprised the All England let him wear it, because it was slightly off white. Dont know how long hes had it. Ive shared a room with him. It might not have even been clean.?Evans swept aside Dolgopolov, the world No.33 from Ukraine, after their rain-delayed match resumed in the first-set tiebreak on Court 2 Thursday morning.He may not be taking fashion tips, but will Evans be asking his friend Willis for some advice? No. He lost in three straights. No advice needed, Evans joked.?The British No.4 did have a chat with world No.772 Willis, whose fairytale run through six qualifying matches to the second round captured the nations attention.You dont get a word out of him, hes a celebrity now, said Evans, tongue firmly in cheek. He just looks at his phone. It was like speaking to a brick wall.Evans, the world No.91, is a perennial pick for Great Britains Davis Cup captain Leon Smith, owing to his habit of playing well above his ranking in the big matches.However, he is still yet to find his consistency and crack the worlds top 50, though his hard work over the last 18 months -- gradually sort of got the message, it took a few knocks at the door -- has earned him the reward of a match against Federer.There are better rewards, he quipped.But, in all seriousness, Evans is relishing the chance to have a crack at the Swiss in SW19.It would be stupid to say its not a special occasion to play him. It will be on a big court, said Evans. I just have to prepare myself best and try and put that to the back of my head, that its Roger Im playing. Go out and give it my best.Evans is now guaranteed £80,000 in prize money after reaching the third round at the All England Club for the first time. He has also matched his best Grand Slam run, when he made the same stage at the 2013 US Open.That run included the best win of his career, when he stunned Kei Nishikori in the first round at Flushing Meadows. Federer, the world No.3, will be a different prospect altogether, however.The win over Dolgopolov is some feat for him, too, considering his grass-court record. Evans failed to qualify for Wimbledon last year, when he fell in the first round of qualifying as a wild card. His best results on the surface are third-round appearances at Queens in 2013 and the Nottingham Open earlier this month.There was disappointment for Heather Watson?on Thursday, though, the British No.2 spurning three match points in a marathon third set of her rain-delayed third-round match against against Germanys Annika Beck.Watson led 10-9 and 40-0 in the decider but couldnt close it out, with Beck fighting back from the brink to seal a 3-6, 6-0, 12-10 victory.The first-round exit is Watsons fourth in seven appearances at Wimbledon and she revealed she had punished herself with Twitter afterwards.She committed 64 unforced errors overall and her frustration was evident when she smashed her racket to the turf in the third set, an act which earned her a code violation. The AFL may consider adding extra draft picks for struggling club in a bid to return long-suffering teams to finals contention.While the pick would be unlikely to come in the first round, additional bonuses could be added in later rounds of the national draft.I have held a view that the first 18 picks should be retained by the 18 clubs in the reverse order of the ladder, head of operations Mark Evans told 3AW on Tuesday night.I think there is something worth looking at as to whether there is an extra pick somewhere for eitheer sides not in the finals or maybe repeatedly not in finals.dddddddddddd.Gold Coast, Brisbane, Collingwood, Melbourne and St Kilda will miss at least their third straight finals series this season, while Greater Western Sydney will break their drought in 2016.Evans comments come after Brisbane coach Justin Leppitsch accused the league of not doing enough to help struggling clubs such as his own. ' ' '