ll be in better fight condition and Kovalev will know n | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
q123 Apr 20 '19
                                      A look at whats happening all around the majors Sunday:---ARMED AND READYDodgers ace Clayton Kershaw starts Game 2 of the NL Championship Series against the Cubs after pitching in all three Division Series wins versus Washington. Cheap Ecco Shoes . That included a two-out save in the decisive Game 5 on Thursday night, two days after he threw 110 pitches in Game 4 on short rest.I feel fine, Kershaw said Saturday . I feel good. Im excited. Its been a little bit since we got to do this, and Wrigley Field, its going to be pretty exciting.The three-time Cy Young Award winner hasnt faced Chicago this year. He is 3-6 with a 4.79 ERA in 16 career playoff games, including 12 starts.ALL CLEARKershaws mound opponent, Kyle Hendricks, also was a bit of a question mark before the Cubs committed to starting him in Game 2. Hendricks left his Division Series start against San Francisco after taking a line drive off his right forearm but felt fine after a bullpen session Thursday. The right-hander went 16-8 with a major league-best 2.13 ERA this season.HEALING WELLIts a day off in the AL Championship Series as the teams head to Toronto after Cleveland won a pair of low-scoring games at home. Trevor Bauer is supposed to pitch Game 3 for the Indians on Monday night, though his scheduled start isnt as concrete as they might like. The right-hander was pushed back from Saturdays Game 2 after cutting his right pinkie Thursday while repairing one of the drones he enjoys flying as a hobby. And although Bauer has thrown twice since, manager Terry Francona is concerned about the wound opening during the game. The cut required 11 stitches, and the Indians hope it will be sufficiently healed by Monday.We just have to make sure that that thing doesnt open up where its bleeding, because then they wont let him pitch, Francona said. It needs to close. So, while hes doing his throwing and things, he needs to make sure he keeps this thing not aggravated or pulling the stitches away. So far, hes done a good job. The thing is healing nice.HOME SWEET HOMETorontos meaty lineup loaded with power hitters managed only one run in the first two games of the ALCS. Maybe going home to Canada will help the Blue Jays, who went 46-35 at the rocking Rogers Centre and drew an AL-high 3.4 million fans during the regular season. Cleveland players know theyre heading into one of the games most hostile home environments.Its hockey fans and I mean that in the best way because Im a hockey fan, too, said Indians second baseman Jason Kipnis, a die-hard Chicago Blackhawks fan. Theyre intense. They stand up for most of the entire game and theyre always into it, rallying their team.FAMOUS FANSCelebrity support has been plentiful in the playoffs, with some well-known faces getting nearly as much airtime as the players. At Wrigley Field, actor Bill Murray and his Jimmy Johns cap have become a fixture. In Cleveland, LeBron James and the NBA champion Cavaliers have been among the Indians rowdiest supporters. When the NLCS heads to Los Angeles, expect to see Larry King behind home plate. And although he hasnt made it to the ballpark, 87-year-old comedian Bob Newhart has shown hes eager to (hash)FlyTheW. Ecco Shoes Clearance Sale . If ever they start actually putting pictures beside words in the dictionary, the Blue Jays left-handers mug will appear beside “Consistency. Cheap Ecco Shoes Online . With the short-handed Warriors needing help from someone -- anyone -- to stop a three-game skid, ONeal returned from right knee and groin injuries that had sidelined him for four games and put up season highs with 18 points and eight rebounds. It was just enough to help lift Golden State to a 102-101 victory over the New Orleans Pelicans on Tuesday night. http://www.wholesaleeccocanada.com/ . While hell be dialed in to that tournament on a course he loves, you can forgive him if his eyes glance down the calendar just a bit, towards April. There was a rare moment of unity in the boxing business at the end of Saturdays fight in Las Vegas when all three judges agreed on the score and both boxers demanded a rematch.Andre Ward won three light-heavyweight world title belts from Sergey Krusher Kovalev, but in his long battle for the hearts and pockets of boxing fans it is probably still a close fight. Ward is brilliant, a master in the boxing arts and has never received the respect his skills demand from the boxing public. He is not always slick on the eye, seldom gets a knockout in big fights and is just too darned nice.Ward survived a clean knockdown in round two when Kovalev found a rare hole in the Californian boxers brilliant defence; Ward went down heavy, smiled and jumped up quick. I smiled to say, OK, now the fight can start, said Ward.It was a fight of two very separate parts, seemingly divided equally between the two boxers; Kovalev won the first half and Ward the last six rounds. At the end the three identical scores of 114-113 were in Wards favour, he had swept rounds seven through twelve.Kovalev was desolate: I lost maybe three rounds. I want the rematch. Ward maintained his calm, his battered face a bruised accompaniment to his low-key victory speech: I had to get dirty to win and I did. I would have a rematch, sure.It is rare in a fight that divides ringside and television opinion for the judges to totally agree. It is odd, given the fact that only one point separated the pair, that people are screaming and hollering about a robbery. It was close, hard and Ward probably just deserved it. Kovalev certainly faded after six, a victim of the pace he set, Wards wrestling and possibly the years of shrinking his big body into the light-heavyweight limmit have now become a real drain. Wholesale Ecco Shoes. Ward was in trouble in the first, down in the second and struggling in the first half of the fight. It has been a long time since Ward had a test in front of him, a long time since he dominated at super-middleweight with masterclasses against the divisions best Carl Froch, Mikkel Kessler and Arthur Abraham. He has been inactive, unimpressive and should have probably taken a hard warm-up instead of Kovalev, who had made the light-heavyweight division his personal playground since 2013.Kovalev and his promoter, Kathy Duva, went long into the night moaning about the mix of judges, the referee, some undisclosed issues Kovalev had, Wards holding. It was a familiar worn list from the lips of most first-time losers; if one of the judges had scored it wide in Wards favour their claims would have some validity. A rematch makes sense.Ward and Virgil Hunter, the man who has guided him for decades, praised the right people, complimented the deserving and slipped away. Ward made no bold claims about how clearly he had won the struggle. Its professional boxing, its not always going to be cute. I got up off the canvas and won ugly, said Ward. A rematch will mean big money, even more than the five million Ward was paid. Kovalev walked away with two million dollars. Both their reputations improved.They will probably do it again and when it happens Ward will be in better fight condition and Kovalev will know not to slip into Wards clutches. If they are both going to be better, it makes their second fight a genuine modern classic. It will still be tight, trust me. ' ' '