-year-old third baseman batted .283 with five homers a | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
q123 Apr 21 '19
TORONTO -- In a perfect world, Morgan Rielly would like to be in Toronto with the Maple Leafs in October. Cheap Adidas Superstar Canada . But its not that simple. The 19-year-old defenceman is in no-mans land, caught between being too good for junior and perhaps not yet ready for the NHL. Hes too young to play in the AHL with the Marlies, yet Rielly is at the point where he might be bored dominating the Western Hockey League. "Its not something where he needs to mature and he needs to learn how to be the guy because I think he already knows how to be the guy," Leafs director of player development Jim Hughes said. "Has he outgrown that role? Its possible that he has and that he needs new challenges." How to get him new challenges is an organizational concern for the Leafs, who already have an established defensive corps led by Dion Phaneuf and a young defenceman in Jake Gardiner they need to blend in with the rest of the group. Theres no sense in rushing Rielly, who could be a star but might need patience before his time comes. "I understand that I have plenty of time to play pro hockey," said Rielly, the No. 5 pick in the 2012 draft. "If I dont play this year, that doesnt mean that I wont ever play in the NHL. Thats a goal I have. But if not, Ive just got to keep working hard, keep trying to get better. Ill be 20 this time next year, which is still pretty young, so Im not too concerned about it. But thats a goal Im pretty driven to achieve." The Maple Leafs understand the delicate situation theyre in with Rielly. Hughes said being in the pressure-packed Toronto market ups the ante on making sure they dont derail his development by either pushing him into the NHL too soon or keeping him in the WHL too long. "Weve got to do it right," Hughes said. "You can see how Nazem (Kadri), how hes turned the corner. So we need to get this right. But Morgan, hes mature, and hes sharp and hes physically strong. Hes got that strong, wide base and foundation. He doesnt get knocked off the puck. So hes a little bit further ahead, and its going to be real dicey to see how this all unfolds." Rielly is waiting along with everyone else. He was almost a point-a-game player last season for the Moose Jaw Warriors, who finished 10th out of 12 teams in the WHLs Western Conference. Theres not much else he can achieve at the junior level, except perhaps feel better about his game as a top prospect who controls the play. "I think Id get a chance to be an older player on a team thats quite young. I think thats a pretty good opportunity to just be a leader," Rielly said. "I think if youre playing well every night and youre a huge part of the team, I think that can help the confidence." Rielly got a chance to make a cameo appearance with the Marlies late last season, playing 14 regular-season and eight playoff games. He didnt play alongside Gardiner but got a chance to speak to the 23-year-old defenceman whose twisting path in Toronto could serve as a cautionary tale. Gardiner is expected to be a Leafs fixture next season after spending most of 2012-13 with the Marlies. "Hes obviously a great player, and he has a whole lot of years of pro hockey to play still," Rielly said. "If I can play like him one day Ill be pretty happy." Rielly would like that one day to be this fall. The Leafs could keep him around for up to nine games before returning him to his junior team without using a year of his entry-level contract, something that would give him a taste of the NHL. It could also serve as a test of the puck-moving defencemans readiness. Any other avenue would continue to test his patience. "Obviously I want to play pro hockey, thats a goal, but I think you kind of have to appreciate the players that are also competing against you, that Im only a teenager now," Rielly said. "You have to be patient with it, and thats often pretty hard. I think youve just got to be smart with it and appreciate the opportunity that I have to even have that chance. Its tough, but you have to do it, I guess." Adidas Superstar Canada Sale . -- The proud fathers huddled near the Dallas Stars dressing room, smiling, laughing and telling stories while wearing replica green sweaters of their sons team. Adidas Superstar Outlet Canada . - Baltimore Ravens quarterback Joe Flacco is not a fan of his teams use of the wildcat formation, saying "it makes you look like a high school offence. http://www.cheapsuperstarcanada.com/ . -- Nathan Pancel scored twice as the Sudbury Wolves defeated the North Bay Battalion 4-2 on Saturday in Ontario Hockey League action.Chicago, IL (Sports Network) - The Chicago White Sox placed pitcher Jesse Crain and first baseman Paul Konerko on the 15-day disabled list Wednesday. Crain is dealing with a right shoulder strain and hasnt pitched since June 29, when he gave up the eventual game-winning run in the eighth inning of a 4-3 loss to the Cleveland Indians. The move is retroactive to June 30. The hard-throwing right-hander, who turns 32 on July 5, owns a 2-3 record and a slim 0.74 earned run average over 38 games with the White Sox this season. Konerko had missed Chicagos last six games with a lower back strain before returning to the lineup for Tuesdays win over the Baltimore Orioles. However, Konerko struggled in his return, as the 37-yyear-old slugger went 0- for-4 with two strikeouts before landing on the DL. Buy Adidas Superstar Canada. The 17-year veteran is batting .249 with seven homers and 30 RBI through 67 games with the White Sox this season. To fill the vacated roster spots, Chicago recalled third baseman Brent Morel and purchased the contract of pitcher David Purcey from Triple-A Charlotte. Morel played in three games with the White Sox earlier this season and went 2- for-9 with a stolen base and a run scored. The 26-year-old third baseman batted .283 with five homers and 40 RBI in 68 games at Charlotte. Purcey, who hasnt pitched in the majors since 2011, went 0-2 with a 3.03 ERA and three saves over 26 relief appearances at Charlotte. ' ' '