those four teams in those three days are arguably as go | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
q123 Apr 25 '19
                                      When in doubt, just go crazy. Cheap Air Max 90 .And thats exactly what Shane van Gisbergen did in the opening race of the Sydney 500 on Saturday to clinch his first Supercars championship.The Holden gun finished third behind Red Bull Racing teammate Jamie Whincup for an unassailable 170-point lead with one race to go on Sunday.He becomes the first New Zealand-born driver to win an Australian touring car crown since Jim Richards in 1991.Its a pretty awesome feeling, the 27-year-old said.To finally be champion of your sport, a lifetime goal.It almost didnt happen.The Kiwi started on pole position but was jumped by Whincup and slipped back to sixth by the end of lap one.He then copped a drive-through penalty for spinning reigning champion Mark Winterbottoms Ford and fell towards the back of the grid.But a safety car with 25 laps to go helped shoot him up to ninth, before clawing his way up to third with some superb driving and brave passing.I knew people would take advantage if they had a shot and I was just too conservative, he said.I hesitated and it cost us.But once I was in that position, there was nothing to lose and I just went crazy. I hit everything except other people.Whincup, while disappointed to miss out on an unprecedented seventh title, said his intra-team rival deserved to win.Him and his crew deserve it more than anyone else, he said.The winner of the championship is the most consistent, and theyve been the most consistent.Van Gisbergen had been considered a mercurial talent since he started racing in the category in 2007 as a gung-ho 18-year-old.But, after switching to the factory-backed Red Bull outfit this season from the family-run Tekno Autosports, the 27-year-old has been incredibly consistent and measured.He finished on the podium in each of the past eight races leading up to the finale, including Sandown, Bathurst and Gold Coast.Three of those were wins, while Whincup took out the other five.Van Gisbergens hot form continued on the streets of Olympic Park, setting a new lap record in practice on Friday before smashing it again in qualifying.Having seen Shane develop since he first came in the series to where he is now, mature and settled down, has been impressive to watch, said Holden Racing Team veteran Garth Tander, who finished the race second.The drive that he put in today after what happened in the early laps, to come back on the podium the way he did, is probably a sweeter way to win the championship.The season ends with a second 74-lap race on Sunday, the last time Sydney will host the finale before it heads to Newcastle in 2017. Air Max 90 For Sale Cheap .ca looks back at the stories and moments that made the year memorable. Cheap Air Max 90 Free Shipping . "Hes going to have hip surgery on Jan. 7, and hell be expected to rehabilitate for four to six months beyond that," Canucks general manager Mike Gillis said Friday in an interview. http://www.discountairmax90.com/ . Thousands of fans at Mosaic Stadium will be cozying up to each other in an effort to stay warm in chilly temperatures and block the Prairie wind that locals say can knock your socks off. PHOENIX -- The NCAA Tournament has gone through some massive changes in recent years, the biggest being an expansion to 68 teams.Dont expect any more big changes anytime soon.Though there are annual quibbles about which teams should make the field, the format for one of the biggest spectacles in sports works and the NCAA has no interest in messing with it.Over the past many, many decades, the core is really solid, so its what can we do to enhance it without taking away from that core, Mark Hollis, chair of the NCAAs Division I mens basketball committee, said Monday.Because of the intricacies of the NCAA Tournament, I would challenge thats something you wouldnt want to touch. We live in a society where we want to change, improve everything, but the core of it is pretty good.The NCAA Tournament field expanded from 53 to 64 teams in 1985, a format that remained in place until a play-in game was added in 2001 and expanded the bracket to 65 teams.A big change came in 2011, when the NCAA Tournament expanded the field to 68 teams, with the last four to get into the tournament playing in the First Four.The larger field has helped increase the chances for upsets, which have come fast and furious over the past several seasons.The audience has expanded with the field; the 2015 NCAA Tournament was the most-watched in 22 years, averaging 11.3 million viewers.Is it (expansion) possible in the future? Sure, anythings possible, but I dont see that in the short term, said Dan Gavitt, NCAA vice president of mens basketball championships. The core of it and the thing that makes it so incredibly popular is whats protected by this committee, so by and large the traditions that make March Madness the way it is will stay.The NCAA has discussed moving the First Four from Dayton, Ohio, or at least expanding it to two sites, but has had a hard time justifying it.Since becomingg the First Four site in 2011, Dayton has been a perfect host. Wholesale Air Max 90. The teams are selected on Sunday and the games are Tuesday night, but the city is always ready and the games usually sell out despite the short turnaround.Playing games at a second site would make it easier for teams in the West travel-wise, but it may come under the category of why fix whats not broken.Thats the X factor: If we you move it, consider another location, can they deliver that incredible college basketball feel and experience? Gavitt said. Its a risk because you dont know. Some of the other places where we have first and second rounds somewhat depend on what teams are playing there. Thats always going to be the trick when it comes to First Four.The NCAA is looking at changes to the regional rounds of the NCAA Tournament.The tournaments first weekend is exciting, the games spread across the country and upsets coming at every turn. The Final Four has its own vibe with a national championship on the line and so many other activities surrounding the games.The regional rounds determine which teams will play in the Final Four, but often dont get the hype of the tournaments first and third weekends.To enhance the regionals, the NCAA is looking at making those games more of a stand-alone event like the Final Four by adding concerts and fan experiences to go along with the games.Itll never approach the size and scope of the Final Four, but for those fans, those four teams in those three days are arguably as good as the Final Four the following weekend, depending on who the teams are, Gavitt said. So to make it a bigger and more exciting event for that locality would make it special.---More AP college basketball at http://collegebasketball.ap.org ' ' '