I feel like theyre going to prove him wrong tomorrow | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
wzh123 Apr 26 '19
HOUSTON -- In its first test since star closer Aroldis Chapman was traded, the New York Yankees bullpen came through just fine. Ecco Shoes Canada Sale .Austin Romine hit a tiebreaking double in the eighth inning to make a winner of Michael Pineda, and the Yankees held off the Houston Astros 2-1 on Monday night.Hours after New York shipped Chapman to the Chicago Cubs, All-Star relievers Dellin Betances and Andrew Miller closed out Houston to help the fourth-place Yankees (51-48) move three games above .500 for the first time this season.Youre not asking a young kid to maybe step into something that hes never done before, manager Joe Girardi said. We still have a lot of experience down there; the bridge becomes very important. Obviously we didnt need it tonight, but that becomes very important.Betances struck out the side in the eighth before Miller, back in the ninth-inning role following Chapmans departure, earned his eighth save. The fired-up lefty pumped his fist when he got Carlos Gomez to ground into a game-ending double play with two on.A frustrated Gomez spiked his helmet and kicked at the ground after he was out at first base.Obviously, hes pretty good at what he does, so were going to have to find a way to fill the hole that he leaves, Miller said about Chapman. Weve got talented guys who are capable of stepping up, and its up to them to do it. I think they will.Pineda (5-9) pitched seven strong innings to beat Yankees nemesis Dallas Keuchel (6-10), last years AL Cy Young Award winner.I didnt want to make any mistakes because I knew this team is aggressive for the first pitch, Pineda said. I threw my best pitch for the first pitch.George Springer hit a leadoff homer and Luis Valbuena had three hits for Houston, which had won four straight. Top prospect Alex Bregman went 0 for 4 with two strikeouts in his major league debut.Romines double to deep center field scored Chase Headley, who singled to start the eighth.Hes done a really good job all around, Girardi said about Romine. This is a kid thats really persevered. Hes really fought to get to this spot and hes had a really good year.Headley singled in the fifth to drive in Didi Gregorius, tying it at 1.Pineda allowed five hits and struck out eight in his second straight solid outing after throwing six scoreless innings Wednesday against Baltimore.The big right-hander retired 14 of 15 during one stretch, but ran into trouble in the sixth. He loaded the bases with two outs before Bregman flied out to the right-field warning track.Springers fifth leadoff home run of the year was the 11th for the Astros this season, surpassing the previous club record of 10 set in 2001.Keuchel gave up two runs and six hits with five strikeouts in 7 2/3 innings. He has allowed two runs or fewer in four straight starts.The left-hander retired 13 of his first 14 batters. The only hit he gave up was Romines single in the third until Gregorius double in the fifth.I felt like today was the first time even through this whole stretch that I was able to command both sides of the plate, Keuchel said. Fastballs to both sides. The only thing lacking were a few sliders to Romine.BIG DEALChapman was sent to the Cubs for pitcher Adam Warren and three minor league prospects.TRAINERS ROOMAstros: INF Marwin Gonzalez sat out after spraining his left ankle in the fifth inning Sunday. Hes doing OK, manager A.J. Hinch said. We are keeping him out of some baseball activities to monitor his ankle. Well give him the day off, but I would really like him to play tomorrow if hes capable.A-ROD OPTIMISTICYankees DH Alex Rodriguez was out of the lineup for a third straight game. Rodriguez, who is 4 for 31 with one home run in July, is batting .206 this season with nine home runs and 29 RBI, but hes optimistic after speaking to the Yankees sabermetrics department. Theres no question that for the first two months, my mechanics were out of whack, Rodriguez said. I think I found something, and Im excited to put it into play.UP NEXTYankees: LHP CC Sabathia (5-8) will start his 18th game of the season Tuesday. Sabathia has allowed 31 runs -- 29 earned -- in his last 35 innings, spanning six starts.Astros: RHP Doug Fister (10-6) will make his 20th start of the season and look to follow up one of his best outings of the year when he threw seven scoreless innings Wednesday at Oakland. Wholesale Ecco Shoes Canada . -- Matt Rupert scored once in regulation and again in the shootout as the London Knights extended their win streak to nine games by defeating the Owen Sound Attack 4-3 on Friday in Ontario Hockey League action. Cheap Ecco Shoes Canada Outlet . With Parker having a quiet game for once, Nicolas Batum and Boris Diaw provided the scoring as France won its first major basketball title by beating Lithuania 80-66 on Sunday. It was a victory that ended a decade of frustration for Parker and a talented French generation, which lost the final against Spain two years ago and took bronze in 2005. http://www.discounteccocanada.com/ .C. -- Todd Fiddler scored a hat trick, including the overtime goal, as the Prince George Cougars survived an 8-7 win against the Kamloops Blazers in Western Hockey League play Sunday. EUGENE, Ore. -- Carl Lewis has said recently that the long jump is now the worst event in track and field, but he wouldnt have found a lot of support from the long jumpers at the U.S. Olympic track and field trials Saturday. Especially regarding the women.The womens side is better now than it used to be, Tianna Bartoletta said. Its not the days of Jackie Joyner-Kersee, but were getting back there. Brittney Reese jumped great today. Its going to change. Everyones expectations of what theyre capable of is going up.Not only did Reese jump great, she surpassed the U.S. Olympic trials mark Joyner-Kersee set back at the 1988 trials. The 2012 Olympic gold medalist leaped 7.31 meters, or 23 feet, 11? inches, to win Saturday and qualify for Rio. Thats still nearly nine inches short of the world record, but it was the longest jump in 12 years and Reeses personal best.Im just honored, Reese said. I look up to [Joyner-Kersee] -- shes a mentor to me. Just to have her in my corner and to break records of hers. She just told me that I have a lot more left in me, and I feel like I agree with her. To break records that shes broken is just a testament to my training.Bartoletta, who won the title at the 2015 world championships, finished second with a leap of 7.02 even though she also had to compete in Saturdays 100-meter qualifiers (she advanced to Sundays semis). Janay DeLoach finished third to complete the long jump trio the U.S. will send to Rio.The womens world record of 7.52 was set by Galina Chistyakova in 1988, with JJoyner-Kersee posting the second-best mark of 7. Ecco Shoes Canada From China. 49 in 1994. Reese won in London with a leap of 7.12. She bettered that leap by seven inches Saturday. Can she come close to the world mark?Everything has to be in place to break that world record, Reese said. I know thats pretty far, but Im proud of where Im at. It might not come this year, but I feel like if I stay on the track I am now, by next year it might be a little easier.Buffalo Bills receiver Marquise Goodwin competed in the long jump at the 2012 Olympics and will try to qualify for Rio in Sundays mens finals. Goodwin said he doesnt take Lewis view of the long jump personally.I think Im pretty damn good at what I do, he said. But all respect to him. Hes an older guy and hes definitely done a lot for this sport and you can never take that away from him. People are allowed to say whatever they want. Thats just how he feels. Its just an opinion of his. It doesnt make or break the sport.Reese says she doesnt agree with Lewis, either.A lot of the people I train with -- Will Claye, Michael Hartfield -- theyre jumping and Im impressed at what theyre doing, she said. I feel like theyre going to prove him wrong tomorrow [at the trial finals].And the womens side is strong. The U.S. can sweep it in Rio. Tianna is the reigning champion from last year. Janay came through. Were there. We just have to go in and do our thing. ' ' '