d Ill be ready.Game notes G Ramon Foster (chest), S Robert Golden (hamstring), S S | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
jj009 Apr 26 '19
The Chicago Cubs have added Aroldis Chapman for their push to the World Series, acquiring the flame-throwing closer in a blockbuster trade with the New York Yankees. Adidas NMD Canada From China .The teams announced the trade Monday, saying that Chapman is expected to join the National League-leading Cubs for their game Tuesday against the crosstown rival Chicago White Sox.The Yankees received a four-player package, headlined by top shortstop prospect Gleyber Torres, in exchange for Chapman, who was suspended for the first 29 games of this season under baseballs domestic violence policy.Obviously, we are aware of the circumstances surrounding Aroldis Chapmans suspension earlier this season, Cubs chairman Tom Ricketts said in a statement. We are also aware that he cooperated fully with the league investigation and takes responsibility for his actions.Chapman was involved in an October incident when he allegedly choked his girlfriend, but police did not file charges against the Cuban-born left-hander, citing insufficient evidence, conflicting stories and uncooperative witnesses. Major League Baseball announced Chapmans suspension in early March, two months after the Yankees traded four minor leaguers to the Cincinnati Reds for the All-Star closer.I want to thank the New York Yankees for trusting and supporting me, and I wish nothing but the best for the Yankees organization and my former teammates, Chapman said in a statement.Now the five-time All-Star is headed to Chicago, where he figures to bolster a struggling bullpen and strengthen the Cubs pursuit of their first World Series championship since 1908.I am excited about todays trade and look forward to joining the Chicago Cubs and meeting my new teammates, he said. It is a privilege to wear the Cubs uniform and to play for the fans of Chicago.Hector Rondon has a 1.95 ERA and 18 saves this season as Chicagos closer, but the rest of the Cubs bullpen has been spotty. The Cubs had a combined ERA of 3.83, ranking seventh in the NL, entering Monday, when the bullpen gave up a game-winning hit to White Sox shortstop Tyler Saladino?in the bottom of the ninth inning of a 5-4 loss.The Cubs paid a steep price, parting with Torres, versatile pitcher Adam Warren and minor league outfielders Billy McKinney and Rashad Crawford.But there is no doubting the talent of the 28-year-old Chapman, who went 3-0 with a 2.01 ERA and 20 saves in 31 games with New York. He threw a 105.1 mph fastball to Baltimores J.J. Hardy last Monday night, matching the fastest since MLB began tracking speeds in 2008.With lefty-batting sluggers Bryce Harper of Washington and Brandon Belt of San Francisco possibly looming in the playoffs, the addition of Chapman gives Cubs manager Joe Maddon one of the majors top assets when in need of a late strikeout.Today, prior to completing the trade, Theo, Jed and I spoke with Aroldis, Ricketts said. I shared with him the high expectations we set for our players and staff both on and off the field. Aroldis indicated he is comfortable with meeting those expectations.Finally, my family, this team and Major League Baseball take the issue of domestic violence very seriously and support efforts to reduce domestic violence through education, awareness and intervention.Chapman told police in October that he poked the woman on the shoulder and she fell to the ground. According to the police report, after family members broke up the altercation, Chapman said he went into his car, punched the passenger-side window, and suffered a laceration on his finger. He also acknowledged firing eight shots from a handgun in his garage during the incident.I regret that I did not exercise better judgment and for that I am truly sorry, Chapman said in Mondays statement. Looking back, I feel I have learned from this matter and have grown as a person. My girlfriend and I have worked hard to strengthen our relationship, to raise our daughter together, and would appreciate the opportunity to move forward without revisiting an event we consider part of our past.Chapman saved 146 games with a 2.17 ERA in six years with the Reds before he was traded to New York last December after a deal with the Los Angeles Dodgers fell through amid reports of the domestic violence incident.New York had won six of eight games heading into Monday nights game at Houston, but still faces long odds of getting to the playoffs. All-Stars Andrew Miller and Dellin Betances are still at the back of the bullpen, allowing the Yankees to trade Chapman now and still consider trying for the postseason depending on how they fare ahead of the Aug. 1 non-waiver trade deadline.This isnt a white flag, Yankees GM Brian Cashman said. It is a rearrangement.If New York slips back any further, it could engage in a rare sell-off for the franchise. Miller, who is signed through 2018, also could be traded. Outfielder Carlos Beltran, first baseman Mark Teixeira and pitcher Ivan Nova are eligible for free agency after the season and could be sought by contenders.Chapman quickly turned into one of baseballs most dominant relievers when he broke into the majors in 2010 with Cincinnati. He threw the 62 fastest pitches in the major leagues last season, ranging from 103.92 to 102.36 mph.Torres, a 19-year-old at Class A, is the centerpiece of the deal for the Yankees. He is the Cubs top-ranked prospect and No. 26 in baseball, according to ESPN Insider Keith Law. Torres was scratched about 20 minutes before first pitch Sunday afternoon.Chicago originally acquired Warren in an earlier trade with the Yankees that sent Starlin Castro to New York. The right-hander went 3-2 with a 5.91 ERA in 29 games this season with the Cubs.McKinney, 21, is at Double-A. He was part of the 2014 trade that brought Addison Russell to Chicago from Oakland.ESPNs Jesse Rogers and the Associated Press contributed to this report. Discount NMD Canada .C. -- Kemba Walker and the Charlotte Bobcats got off to a fast start, and the Sacramento Kings were never quite able to catch up. Adidas Shoes Canada Outlet . R.J. Umberger scored twice to lead the Blue Jackets to a franchise-record for consecutive wins with a 5-3 victory Tuesday night over the Los Angeles Kings. http://www.nmdsalecanada.com/ . How great will be revealed in the next couple of days at the board of governors meeting in Pebble Beach, Calif. PITTSBURGH -- Pittsburgh Steelers coach Mike Tomlin believes LeVeon Bell and DeAngelo Williams can be on the field at the same time.Tomlin didnt say backfield, however. And theres a difference. A big one.Bells return from a three-game suspension for violating the leagues substance abuse policy gives the Steelers (2-1) one of the best running back combinations in the NFL. It also allows offensive coordinator Todd Haley to get creative in figuring out how to keep both of them involved.The proof came during practice on Wednesday, when Bell went streaking down the sideline and hauled in a rainbow from quarterback Ben Roethlisberger while remembering to keep his two feet inbounds.I want to be a player for all aspects of the game, Bell said. I want to catch short passes, downfield, whatever it may be.Bell hauled in 82 passes during his breakout season in 2014, obliterating the club record for receptions by a running back. At 6-foot-2 he presents a matchup problem for opposing defenses and has spent the last three years taking copious mental notes as All-Pro teammate Antonio Brown became one of the best wide receivers in the game. There are worse examples to follow. A lot worse.I just watch him and how to release in different situations, Bell said. I try to put that in my game.Bell grew up in Ohio idolizing Randy Moss having his uncle throw passes to him. If things had gone a different way, maybe Bell would have followed the future Hall of Famers path. Bells body made the choice for him. He grew to 245 pounds during his college career at Michigan State, though hes trimmed down considerably as a pro and and spent the last couple of offseasons focusing on his agility. His Instagram feed is sprinkled with the occasional video of Bells feet a blur underneath him as he weaves around obstacles like a bulkier version of Brown getting loose in an opposing secondary.Im sure if he went receiver full-time, lost a couple of pounds, hed be fantastic, Pittsburgh wide receiver Markus Wheaton said.Bell certainly was in 2014, though the majority of his hookups with Roethlisberger were screens or simple flares out of the backfield. Not so much anymore. Bell believes he can be a threat going deep and the coaches seem to aagree. Cheap NMD Shoes Canada. Haley expanded Bells role in the passing game during organized team activities and minicamp, though Roethlisberger stressed that doesnt mean Bell can bail on his day job: taking a handoff and dancing upfield as often as possible.Were not going to take the RB off the front of his name and put WR, Roethlisberger said. But I definitely think that hes one of our best receivers.And Williams remains one of the most effective running backs around, even at 33. He ranks seventh in the league in yards rushing even with a 21-yard performance in last weeks loss to Philadelphia. Williams has long since taken his ego out of the equation, saying the starting job is Bells whenever Bell is available.The two-back system would work here, but Bell is so dynamic when he plays the game I dont want him to come off the field, Williams said.The feeling is mutual. If things work out, maybe Williams and Bell become the millennial version of Franco Harris and Rocky Bleier. Maybe.Hes a guy who should be out there, Bell said of Williams. Whether Im a receiver blocking for him, or if Im at receiver and hes in protection and Im running routes, whatever it may be. You want to give teams different looks, make them not sure what personnel to be out there.Thats kind of the point.We can mix it up, Wheaton said. We can go big guys and spread them out with him and create matchup problems.Regardless, Bell is simply relieved to be talking about football and not the off-the-field issues -- health and otherwise -- that have dogged him for the last 12 months.Last year we started to get into me moving around and things like that, we want that to continue to grow, Bell said. I dont want to fall off what Ive learned already. I should be fine. Ill accept the workload and Ill be ready.Game notes G Ramon Foster (chest), S Robert Golden (hamstring), S Sean Davis (back), LB Ryan Shazier (knee) and WR Eli Rogers (toe) did not practice on Wednesday. LB Lawrence Timmons, who left the Eagles game with a puncture wound, was a full participant.---AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and www.twitter.com/AP-NFL ' ' '