LHP Mike Montgomery (1-1, 4.09 ERA) will start the series finale against the Brewers | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
wzh123 Apr 29 '19
ARLINGTON, Texas -- Victor Cruz broke free in the end zone and was wide open for the go-ahead touchdown pass from Eli Manning. Air Jordan Schweiz Schuhe Shop On Sale .Everybody knew what was coming next for the New York Giants receiver: the salsa .And it wasnt so much his trademark dance that brought back the joy after his first game, and first touchdown, in nearly two years. Just being out there was almost enough for the 29-year-old, who missed most of 2014 with a knee injury and all of last year with a bad calf.Then he scored what ended up being the game-winner in the fourth quarter of a 20-19 season-opening victory against the Dallas Cowboys on Sunday.You could sense everyone having me in their prayers, pushing for me, excited for me to get dressed and be out there for Game 1, Cruz said. And to score a touchdown, you just couldnt make up a story any better than that.The last time Cruz was on the field in a game that counted, he crumpled to the ground in pain diving for a throw from Manning on Oct. 12, 2014, at Philadelphia. He was carried off that day with a torn patellar tendon in his right knee.But he said that didnt occur to him as he celebrated with teammates after his first TD since Week 3 in 2014 -- his only score that season.Just to overcome so much, man, he said. Just to be able to get to this moment. A lot of people go through it and dont get through it, dont get this opportunity to claim what they once were or they once had.Odell Beckham Jr. blossomed into a star receiver while Cruz worked to get himself ready to play again. And he had a front row seat for his first live salsa, taking a knee to soak in Cruzs celebration.Beckham Jr. missed the first four games of his rookie season, so this was just the third time he played in the same game with Cruz.I just wanted to sit there, cross my legs, grab a bag of popcorn and just watch him salsa, said Beckham Jr., who had a 45-yard catch to set up New Yorks first touchdown and finished with four catches for a team-high 73 yards.Its been a long time coming to be able to play with him. And now hes finally back out here. It feels great for me. So I can only imagine what it feels like for him.Cruzs first catch was a simple 5-yarder just before the 2-minute warning in the first half, then he had a 23-yarder on the same drive to put the Giants in position for rookie Sterling Shepards first touchdown to put New York up 13-9 at halftime.He has so much experience finding windows, finding lanes, Manning said. Hes comfortable catching the ball and making guys miss. Im just so excited for him from the standpoint that its been a long time for him. Thats pretty special for him to get the game-winning touchdown on this day.Manning chided his seven-year veteran receiver for actually running the wrong route on the winning play. Cruz ended up in traffic, but slipped away from Dallas cornerback Brandon Carr. Mannings throw was beyond the reach of diving linebacker Justin Durant.Hes technically not supposed to do what he did, but well worry about that later, said Manning, who threw for 207 yards and three touchdowns with an interception tht led the Cowboys only TD. Its a minus, good job, good touchdown.And its a lot more than that. It happened on the 15th anniversary of 9/11, and Cruzs father was a firefighter who helped at ground zero for days after the terrorist attacks. His dad died in 2007.Its a heavy-hearted day, Cruz said. You think about that moment, you think about where you were on that day, you think about the emotions that went through your body on that day and you relieve those moments.Now Cruz has another memory to go with it.---Online:AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and www.twitter.com/AP-NFL---Follow Schuyler Dixon on Twitter at https://twitter.com/apschuyler Air Jordan Schweiz Outlet . Andrew Luck lost his favourite target and the Indianapolis locker room lost one of its most revered leaders when Reggie Wayne was diagnosed Monday with a torn anterior cruciate ligament in his right knee that will cost him the rest of the season. Air Jordan Schweiz Kaufen . -- The Bishops Gaiters are showing they belong among the countrys top varsity football teams. http://www.airjordanschweiz.ch/ . 10 VCU 85-67 on Thursday night at the Puerto Rico Tip-Off. The Seminoles (4-0) have scored at least 80 points in each of their games. MILWAUKEE -- The Brewers quickly solved Jason Hammel on Tuesday night.Jonathan Villar homered to start a five-run first inning, and the Brewers cooled off the Chicago Cubs with a 12-5 victory.We havent had a first inning like that, Brewers manager Craig Counsell said. Hes been tough against us. You get to him before they get in that rhythm and take advantage of it.The NL Central-leading Cubs had won seven of eight and were 41 games over .500 after winning Mondays series opener.But Milwaukee rallied from a 1-0 deficit as its first seven batters reached against Hammel (14-8). Villar homered on Hammels second pitch, Ryan Braun had an RBI single, Domingo Santana singled in two runs and Martin Maldonado added a sacrifice fly.Hammel allowed more runs to the Brewers in the first inning Tuesday than he had in any of his 14 previous career outings against them; he entered with at 10-1 with a 2.50 ERA against Milwaukee.Wily Peralta (6-9) gave up four runs and six hits in 7 2/3 innings, leaving after Anthony Rizzos second home run of the game, a two-run drive. Peralta became the first Brewers starter to pitch into the eighth since Junior Guerra on July 29.Peralta retired 11 consecutive batters after Ben Zobrists single in the third. He recorded the first two outs of the eighth before Zobrist kept the inning alive for Rizzo with a double.Optioned to Triple-A after compiling a 6.31 ERA in his first 10 starts, Peralta has a 3.35 ERA in six starts since his Aug. 8 recall.All of my starts since Ive coming back up have given me confidence because Im throwing the ball better, Peralta said. Ive been executing my pitches better.Given a lead on Rizzos first-inning homer, Hammel allowed nine runs -- eight earned -- and 13 hits in 5 2/3 innings.Just too many pitches up in the zone, Hammel said. I didnt reallyy set the tone for us early. Günstig Air Jordan Schweiz. This one is on me. Obviously, it doesnt sit well, but were fortunate have a very comfortable lead right now. Ill just brush this one off and move on.After allowing the five runs in the first, Hammel allowed just an unearned run over the next four innings, then gave up the three-run home run to Braun in the sixth.Usually if they are going to get him it is going to be early in the game, Cubs manager Joe Maddon said. When he gets deeper into the game he usually settles in. I thought he did settle in. Obviously, the three looks bad at the end.Hernan Perez had a career-high four hits for the Brewers. Milwaukee had 16 hits, including three each by Villar and Santana.Braun hit a three-run homer in the sixth for a 9-2 lead.FAMILIAR FOERizzo is 16 for 32 with seven homers and 14 RBI against Peralta.Im going to try to find a way to get him out, Peralta said. I feel like I made two good pitches to him. You have to tip your hat to him. Hes been killing me.TRAINERS ROOMCubs: Activated from the disabled list prior to Tuesdays game, RHP Hector Rondon allowed a run in his first inning since Aug. 16.Brewers: Milwaukee recalled RHP Damien Maginfico and C Andrew Susac from Triple-A Colorado Springs and RHP Taylor Jungmann from Double-A Biloxi on Tuesday.UP NEXTCubs: LHP Mike Montgomery (1-1, 4.09 ERA) will start the series finale against the Brewers. He has a 4.01 ERA in five starts and a 2.29 ERA in 37 relief appearances for Seattle and Chicago this season.Brewers: RHP Matt Garza (5-6, 4.57) will pitch against his former team for the second time this season. He has allowed just one earned run over 12 1/3 innings in his past two starts. ' ' '