Mackanin said.Nationals: LHP Sammy Solis (left shoulder inflammation) has sort | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
wzh123 Apr 29 '19
RIO DE JANEIRO -- Nobody really thought the United States would be shut out of Olympic gold medals on the track at these Summer Games, but the bullion still wasnt in the bank when the three 100-meter hurdlers crouched at the start Wednesday. Wholesale Nike Air Max Shoes .Brianna Rollins projected the aura of a former world champion. Nia Ali proved she could return to world-class form after becoming a mother last year. Injury impeded Kristi Castlins path to the 2012 Olympics, but shed been through far worse, losing her father to murder at age 12 and living through the slaughter of 32 innocents as a Virginia Tech student.The trio represents the latest wave of U.S. excellence in the event, accelerating out of a talent pool so deep that a defending Olympic champion and a current world-record holder were left at home on the bench. Any one of them could have won it, but they approached ambition as a team. They understood they could be greater than the sum of their parts if they swept an Olympic podium for the first time in U.S. track history. They stayed off social media in the days before the race and prayed together instead.We said it was our time, lets go, lets do this and get it out of the way, Ali said.They broke the mini-drought and propped open the floodgates. Rollins won going away in 12.48 seconds. Ali knew shed finished second in the hubbub when she saw her time of 12.59. Then Castlins name popped up in third place on the scoreboard just two-hundredths of a second behind and the flags came out and the women who leap for a living jumped for joy and posterity and the cameras, this time in unison.I typically run in seventh place until about the last three hurdles, said Castlin, who pirouetted for the crowd as she came out of the tunnel. Im a closer. Im a finisher. My thing was not to win a bronze medal for myself, it was about upholding the team.Rollins rolled through interview after interview clutching an apple in one hand, too busy to take a bite. She said she clipped a few hurdles and felt relieved at the outcome.The U.S. women long jumpers doubled down on gold and silver as the versatile Tianna Bartoletta sent the sand flying with a personal-best mark of 7.17 meters -- enough to edge defending champion Brittney Reeses 7.08.Bartoletta, who has moonlighted as an elite bobsledder, was trying to stay earthbound after her clutch win, because she has to run a preliminary round of the 4x100-meter relay Thursday. My work is not yet finished, she said. Tori Bowie added a bronze in the 200-meter event.The mens 200 will be missing the amiable but polarizing figure of Justin Gatlin, who fell one spot and .03 short of advancing to Thursdays final and another duel with two-time defending champion Usain Bolt of Jamaica. Gatlin said he is still bothered by lingering soreness in his right ankle after rolling it last November, an issue that didnt prevent him from finishing second to Bolt here in the 100.Gatlin spoke to reporters at length, saying he hasnt been fazed by the booing that has greeted him in the Olympic Stadium -- a reception that may owe partly to his past but mostly to Bolts extraordinary persona.The rivalry I have with Usain has turned it into a professional wrestling feel, Gatlin said. Everyones cheering for Usain, but they have somebody theyve got to boo against. It would be an immature mindset for me to come out here and think that every Brazilian is against me. They want to see a great show, and Usain is a great competitor and a showman. He puts on a great show.Gatlins two previous doping suspensions have made him a human heat conductor at these Games where the debate over sanctions has boiled over into numerous athletes public comments. I dont really focus on likes and dislikes, he said. I try to give everyone around me respect. I try to get to know them. He predicted a strong final for teammate LaShawn Merritt, whose 19.94 seconds seeded him third behind Bolt and Canadas 21-year-old Andre De Grasse.Bolt continued his frisky romp through Rio, casting an amused eye to his right when De Grasse came up on his shoulder in their semifinal and forcing him to hustle a little more than hed planned. Bolt finished in 19.78 seconds and the mens playful double-takes and interaction lacked only the passing of a torch.I see the talent in him, Bolt said. I see that he got a national record, actually, so he means business.Bolt, somewhat superfluously, added that he is on the right track. ... I felt energetic and everything was going smooth.But the charisma award Wednesday night went to Alis adorable 15-month-old son with the formidable name -- Titus Maximus Tinsley -- who starred in her victory lap.Im happy we have photos, cause then hell know Im not making up stories about that one time I ran in the Olympics, Ali said. But what happened was better than fiction. Cheap Air Max Authentic . Newcastle dominated in the early stages but City weathered the storm and then raised its game in extra time. Negredo broke the deadlock from close range after a simple move in the 99th minute before Dzeko took the ball round goalkeeper Tim Krul to seal the victory in the 105th. Cheap Air Max Wholesale . PAUL, Minn. http://www.wholesaleairmaxauthentic.us/ . Howard Ganz, an MLB lawyer, said in a letter to U.S. District Judge Edgardo Ramos that Rodriguezs claims do not come "remotely close" to what is needed to overturn an arbitration decision in federal court. WASHINGTON -- Since his arrival in July, rookie Trea Turner has provided the Washington Nationals with speed in center field and at the top of the lineup.As a bonus, the diminutive 23-year-old has delivered the long ball with surprising regularity.Turner hit his second home run of the game with two outs in the bottom of the ninth Friday night, a solo shot that gave the Nationals a 5-4 victory over the Philadelphia Phillies.It was the first career multihomer game for Turner, whose two-run drive in the seventh put Washington up 4-1.Hes been really a game-changer for us. He got a pitch to hit and he took it yard, Nationals starter Tanner Roark said. Hes a gamer, a fighter. Hes perfect.Turner has eight home runs to go with 21 stolen bases in a mere 52 games this season.Im not a power lifter or anything like that, but I feel that Im stronger than I look, said Turner, whose listed weight of 185 pounds likely includes uniform, cleats and four bats. Its just a matter of mechanics at the plate. I think the strengths there.Cameron Rupp hit a three-run homer off Koda Glover to knot the score in the eighth and set the stage for Turners ninth-inning heroics.Facing Frank Herrmann (0-2), Turner ripped a 1-2 pitch over the wall in center field.Hes doing something right up there, Rupp said. Hes getting on base and he runs like the wind and that helps. Hes a good ball player and he beat us tonight.Daniel Murphy scored two runs for the NL East-leading Nationals, who have won eight of 11.Mark Melancon (2-1) worked the ninth for Washington.Roark allowed one run, six hits and two walks over six innings. He left with a 2-1 lead, but will have to wait at least one more start to claim his career-high tying 15th victory.Tanner was fighting. I wish we would have gotten that victory for him, manager Dusty Baker said.Unfortunately for Roark, hes seen the last of the Phillies. The right-hander is 3-0 with a 0.79 ERA in ffive starts against Philadelphia this season. Cheap Air Max Shoes Sale. ake Thompson gave up two runs and five hits in 5 1/3 innings for Philadelphia.With the score tied at 1 in the sixth, Murphy doubled off Thompson and Bryce Harper ended a 3-for-16 slump with an RBI single to right.Turner connected against Colton Murray for a three-run lead.Earlier, two batters hit by pitches ended up scoring. Odubel Herrera came home on a single by Peter Bouros in the Philadelphia fourth before Anthony Rendon doubled in Murphy in the bottom half.Herrera left in the fifth inning with a right leg contusion. After being hit by a fastball in his right knee, the outfielder had a difficult time walking to first base.They took X-rays. Its no breakage or anything, but hes day to day, manager Pete Mackanin said.PLATOON SYSTEMMackanin intends to use Tommy Joseph at 1B more than 36-year-old Ryan Howard down the stretch -- unless Howard continues to deliver big hits, such as his three-run homer Thursday night. Im a manager. I want to win games, Mackanin said.STREAKS AND STATSPhillies: Howards single in the fourth inning gave him two straight games with hits for the first time since Aug. 21 and 24.Nationals: It was the 16th game that Murphy has scored at least two runs. When he scores once, Washington is 44-21.TRAINERS ROOMPhillies: 3B Maikel Franco missed a third straight game with a jammed right thumb. Im going to say hes available to pinch hit, Mackanin said.Nationals: LHP Sammy Solis (left shoulder inflammation) has sort of hit a roadblock, Baker said. Solis has been on the DL since mid-August.UP NEXTPhillies: RHP Jerad Eickhoff (10-13, 3.86 ERA) starts Saturday night against Washington. Hes 4-1 in his last six starts.Nationals: RHP Max Scherzer (16-7, 2.88) leads the big leagues with 243 strikeouts. ' ' '