ago: Dec. 3, 1924, when the Toronto St. Pats bea | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
jcy123 Mai 1 '19
                                      LIMOGES, FRANCE -- Defending Tour de France champion Chris Froome remains wary of the threat that Spaniard Alejandro Valverde still poses, even though the seasoned grand tour rider has declared that he is racing here to help Movistar teammate Nairo Quintana, from Colombia, win the event overall. Air Jordan 13 Retro UK .Last year, Quintana was second overall and Valverde was third after their team led a planned two-pronged approach to the race. But this year Quintana is the top seed at Movistar, especially with Valverde having already raced the Giro dItalia in which he finished third behind Italian winner Vincenzo Nibali (Astana), who is also at the Tour to help Italian Fabio Aru (Astana), and Colombian runner-up Esteban Chaves (Orica-BikeExchange), who is not at the Tour but preparing for the Vuelta a Espa?a later this year.Speaking after Tuesdays fourth stage of the Tour -- 237.5km from Saumur to Limoges that was won in a bunch sprint by German Marcel Kittel (Etixx-QuickStep) from Frenchman Bryan Coquard (Direct-Energie) and Slovakian race leader Peter Sagan (Tinkoff) -- Froome said of Valverde: He seems to be in good [form]. I wouldnt be surprised if he is just [preparing] himself to ride GC [general classification] and have a two-pronged approach with Nairo. They definitely have the team to do it. Until he loses time, Ive got to treat him as a rival.There is much expectation that some clue of who could challenge for this Tour might be revealed in Wednesdays fifth stage, which is the first hill stage of this years 103rd edition. In the the 216km stage from Limoges to Le Lioran, the last five of six categorised climbs are in the last 80 kilometres. But in the last 40 kilometres, there are with two second category climbs -- the 5.4km Pas de Peyrol and the 4.4km Col de Perthus -- and the third category 3.3km Col de Font de Cère, after which there is a tricky descent to the finish with 2.5km to go.On Tuesday Sagan deflected questions about his chances in the stage. The world champion will start the stage with an overall lead of 12 seconds on second place Frenchman Julian Alaphilippe (FDJ), 14 seconds on third place Valverde and 18 seconds on a group of 22 riders, which includes all but four of the pre-Tour favourites, including Froome, who is fifth.I think its a bit too early to see a real GC battle, but its definitely somewhere where there will be time gaps, Froome said. Its not going to be a big bunch sprint. Its going to be a more select group coming to the line. Maybe a stage for someone like Alaphilippe or Valverde, [Irishman] Dan Martin [of Etixx-QuickStep who is 13th overall] maybe.Alberto Contador: The hardest Tour start of my career.Asked about his chances of defending the yellow jersey that he claimed by winning stage two on Sunday, Sagan said: I cant tell you now. I tell you tomorrow after the stage. But without a doubt he will do as he said he will, which is to try to hold on to the lead.The Slovakian was more candid about his Spanish teammate Alberto Contador, who began this Tour as one of the major overall contenders, but crashed in both stages one and two. Those crashes put Contador on the back foot. He is 54th overall at 1 minute, 6 seconds behind.How the race unfolds might reveal how much Contador has recovered from his crashes. But Sagan said: He is a very tough guy and has recovered well. I am sure he will be there.Contador, who has hurt his left and right sides in his fall and a calf muscle, said: Its hard for me to pedal sitting out of the saddle, but thats a question of time. I got through today without crashing, and thats the most important thing. Tomorrow is a hard day. I have to get ready mentally to take it on. This has been the hardest Tour start of my career.However, a yellow jersey change is likely, according to Jim Ochowicz, president of the American BMC Racing team, which has overall contenders in American Tejay van Garderen (15th overall at 18 seconds) and Australian Richie Porte (71st at 2 minutes, 3 seconds). Portes early time loss was due to a rear tyre puncture inside the last five kilometres of stage two.Asked if he foresees a leadership switch, Ochowicz told ESPN: Yes. I am not going to predict who, but there are some close contenders in terms of time. Alaphilippe has got the advantage right now being in second. He has probably got the upper hand.Ochowicz believes the stage could see two races: one for the stage win between a break of non-Tour contenders of riders who can climb; and a second between the overall favourites.You are going to see a lot more action than you have seen probably in any stage up till this moment -- probably a break right from the gun that could be more of a break that could make it to the finish, Ochowicz said.Ochowicz expects the Tour contenders to mark each other to see whats left in their legs, he said. Its the first time they are going to go up some real categorized climbs, and in doing so, they are going to push each other to a certain point where someone might have some potential weakness and others will take advantage of that.Ochowicz said there is still no change of leadership at BMC with Portes early demise. We stay focused on two leaders, and they will sort things out [on stage five] a little bit in the race. But I think they will both be probably coming in the group together, he said.Van Garderen said in a team statement that he is looking forward to racing in terrain better suited to him: Im really excited to head to the hills and get the GC sorted out a bit more. Well get a sense of whos going well and whos not. Richie and I did the recon [of the stage] together and its a tricky stage. Its not going to be as hard as the Pyrenees, but it will shake things up. Youre not going to see Sagan and [Mark] Cavendish up there. Jordan 13 For Sale Cheap . Newcastle dominated in the early stages but City weathered the storm and then raised its game in extra time. Negredo broke the deadlock from close range after a simple move in the 99th minute before Dzeko took the ball round goalkeeper Tim Krul to seal the victory in the 105th. Jordan 13 For Sale UK . Gerald Green and Miles Plumlee? Green had bounced around the NBA when he wasnt playing overseas. The Pacers gave up on Plumlee after just one season. Now Green and Plumlee are key cogs in the Suns surprising breakout season. http://www.airjordan13uk.com/ ., and Rudi Swiegers of Kipling, Sask., took sixth spot on Saturday in pairs at the NHK Trophy ISU Grand Prix figure skating competition. BOSTON -- The Toronto Maple Leafs found a way to overcome a poor opening period.Auston Matthews and Zach Hyman scored in the second period, Frederik Andersen made 32 saves and the Maple Leafs beat the Boston Bruins 4-1 on Saturday night.The last three games the first period kind of did us in, Toronto coach Mike Babcock said. We didnt start on time. We were able to hold on. It still wasnt the first period we wanted, but we didnt give up the goals and we were able to execute a little bit.After managing only two shots on goal in the first, Toronto was happy to get to the dressing room with the game scoreless.I dont think we gave up too much even though we didnt produce anything, Andersen said. To come out 0-0 is pretty good. We came out better in the second and the third. It was a good turnaround.James van Riemsdyk scored in the third for Toronto, which was 0-2-1 in its last three games. Connor Brown added an empty-netter and Andersen improved to 6-0-0 in his career against Boston.Brad Marchand had the Bruins goal, and Tuukka Rask stopped 16 shots.Former Bruins defenseman Matt Hunwick had two assists.Boston lost to Colorado, then-the NHLs worst team, on Thursday night at TD Garden and followed that by losing to the team that entered as the Eastern Conferences last-place club.Boston fell behind 3-0 in its previous two games before the Maple Leafs went up 2-0 in the second.Its tough. We try to score that first goal and get the lead and the last couple of games weve been letting in like two or three goals and trying to catch up, Rask said. Today was one of those. Its not easy. It takes a lot out of you.Boston had earned points in 12 of the last 13 meetings against Toronto (9-1-3).Like a number of games this season, the Brruins have been frustrated by their inability score. Jordan Retro 13 Wholesale. Goalies are too good in this league if you dont make it hard on them, Bruins center Patrice Bergeron said A lot of it is that.Toronto moved ahead on Matthews goal 1:44 into the second. The NHLs No. 1 overall draft pick last summer took a pass from William Nylander and fired a wrist shot over Rasks left shoulder.Hyman redirected defenseman Jake Gardners shot from the slot, and the puck dipped and fluttered by Rask to make it 2-0 with 4:46 remaining in the period.Marchand took advantage of a turnover behind Torontos net, slicing it to 2-1 with 1:21 left in the second. Andersen misplayed a clearing attempt, firing the puck off a player where it dropped next to the rear boards. He had a second chance to clear or cover it, but Marchand beat him to it, circled and put in his own rebound.The Bruins had the best chance in the first period when David Pastrnaks one-timer from the left point caromed off the left post early into the game.Tyler Bozaks shot was tipped in by van Riemsdyk midway into the third.Game notes The Bruins recalled forwards Noel Acciari and Danton Heinen from Providence of the AHL before the game and assigned F Anton Blidh to the AHL. ... The first game between the two clubs was just over 92 years ago: Dec. 3, 1924, when the Toronto St. Pats beat the Bruins, 5-3. ... Toronto won the only other meeting so far this season, 4-1 at home on October 15.UP NEXTMaple Leafs: Host Colorado on Sunday in the opener of five straight at home -- four against teams from the Western Conference.Bruins: At Montreal on Monday night. ' ' '