Jackson (1-1, 4.76), who spent 2012 with the N | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
jcy123 Mai 1 '19
OAKVILLE, Ont. Cheap Air Jordan 1 Uk . -- National opens always put pressure on the home-grown players, but the expectations are particularly high this week at Glen Abbey Golf Club. There are 18 Canadians in the field for the 2013 RBC Canadian Open -- one of the largest home-country turnouts in the modern history of the tournament -- and theyre all looking to end a 59-year drought. No Canadian has won the event since Pat Fletcher of Vancouver in 1954. If anyone can understand the high expectations its former Masters champion Mike Weir. "There is that added feel and pressure, no question," Brights Grove, Ont., native said Wednesday. "It can be a good thing though to get the crowd behind you," he added. "Get some momentum going, and you can feed off the crowd." Weir is joined by fellow Ontarians David Hearn from Brantford, Mackenzie Hughes from Dundas, Torontos Albin Choi, Ottawas Brad Fritsch, Peter Laws from Milton, Brian Hadley from Sarnia and amateur Corey Conners of Listowel. British Columbia is also well represented at Glen Abbey with Abbotsfords Adam Hadwin, Victorias Kevin Carrigan, Merritts Roger Sloan, Comoxs Riley Wheeldon, as well as North Vancouvers Bryn Parry and Eugene Wong and amateur Adam Svensson from Surrey in the field. Calgarys Stephen Ames, Graham DeLaet of Weyburn, Sask., and Eric Banks of Truro, N.S., will also tee off Thursday on the 7,253-yard, par-72 course. The added burden on the 18 Canadians has not gone unnoticed by others in the 156-player field. Hunter Mahan, from Dallas, feels that Canadians are under more pressure to win the Canadian Open than Americans are to win the U.S. Open, one of golfs major tournaments. "I dont feel like there is a pride factor (in the U.S.) like there is in Canada . . . I mean, being an American, you want to win the U.S. Open. Its obviously a great tournament -- but I dont think there is that same connection between the Canadian Open and Canada," said Mahan. "You know, when you have a drought that long, I think you have to start really wanting it and start hoping. It becomes a focus of everyone this week, so I think they have a great chance." Englands Luke Donald compared the experience to playing in another major: the British Open, where he missed the cut last week. "The one tournament I would love to win the most would be the Open Championship, the British Open," said Donald. "Growing up there, having watched it, watched some of my idols throughout the years, (Nick) Faldo, and Seve (Ballesteros) win that great tournament, Id dearly love to hold the Claret Jug one of these days, not just because its a major, but because it is your home event in a way. "I think there is a little bit more pressure that comes with that. The expectation and almost the pressure you put on yourself wanting to win it. Youre thinking too much results oriented instead of just going through the process of playing each hole as it comes." Added Donald: "I think sometimes it can make it more difficult when it is your national open, but its also fun. Its great to enjoy the home support, the crowd, the family support, all that goes along with that makes the event special." Mahan compared the pressure of playing in your home country to that of being one of the biggest names in golf. "I guess you would feel like Tiger (Woods) every single week when you have so many people following you and critiquing every single shot you have," said Mahan, laughing. "But its probably different because I think you can see the support that all the Canadians get when theyre here is great." "I remember playing on the Canadian Tour and this is pretty much the lone PGA Tour event I would play," said Weir. "Its a big purse, and youre used to playing for this amount of money and all of a sudden I make the cut, I can really make some headway, so youre thinking about all those kind of things when youre a young man out here." That focus on money is something that frustrates Northern Irelands Graeme McDowell, who believes that national opens are prestigious events that should be held with higher regard. "We play for so much money around the world, events kind of lose their identity and their prestige," said McDowell. The purse for the Canadian Open is US$5.6 million with the winner taking home a cool million. Scott Piercy was the big winner last year. National opens have been good to McDowell though, so he could be walking away with some cash Sunday. "I won the Scottish Open, the Welsh Open, the Italian Open, the U.S. Open, the Korean Open, the French Open a few weeks ago," he said. "National championships are very, very special and we should never forget the prestige . . . and history and tradition, names on a trophy. Its great to come to a tournament like this one which has such a strong sense of identity. Itd be a great one to add your name to." South Africas Ernie Els believes national opens produce some of the best storylines in golf. "Youll see this week, one of the Canadian guys maybe the mainstream media hasnt heard from will probably play well and hell probably be right there until Sunday," said Els. "Those are the nice stories that normally come out of these national opens events that we play around the world and all of them are like that. "You play the Italian Open or the Scottish, some kind of nice story comes out of it." Cheap Air Jordan 1 Websites .In my heart and mind Im competing for India, luge competitor Shiva Keshavan told The Associated Press in an email interview. Every day Im flooded with messages from Indians all over the world telling me they are supporting me. Cheap Air Jordan 1 Online . The 27-year-old Scrivens will be joining his third NHL club since signing with the Toronto Maple Leafs as a free agent in 2010. The move also reunites with him with head coach Dallas Eakins from their time together with the American Hockey Leagues Toronto Marlies. http://www.cheapairjordan1uk.com/ . The giant slalom world champion slipped during her first run in the morning, landing on her back and then twisting forward before getting her leg caught in the protective material on the side of the slope. WASHINGTON -- Rookie Luis Perdomos big league debut must seem like a long time ago.Perdomo pitched seven solid innings, Matt Kemp homered twice and drove in four runs and the San Diego Padres beat the Washington Nationals 5-3 on Friday night.The Padres have watched the 23-year-old right hander steadily evolve after allowing six runs in one relief inning in his first major league game.I always go back to that first outing he had, Opening Day against the Dodgers, and he just looked shell-shocked on the mound, manager Andy Green said. And now this guy knows that he can navigate through the Washington Nationals lineup at this point in the season.Perdomo (4-4) is 3-0 with a 3.47 ERA in his last four starts. After allowing a pair of first-inning runs, he limited the National to two hits over the final six innings of his longest outing. He got 13 outs via ground balls.I really just followed my plan, Perdomo said through an interpreter. I kept my pitches low and I was able to use my sinker to get some outs.Brandon Maurer pitched 1 1/3 innings for his fourth save.Kemp hit a solo shot in the first inning and gave San Diego the lead for good with a three-run homer in the fifth. He has six homers in his last six games and the Padres have homered in 20 straight, the longest streak in the National League this season.Jayson Werth and Daniel Murphy homered for Washington. The Nationals have lost four of five.People ask me what do we need? We need some timely two-out base hits. Not home runs, manager Dusty Baker said. We rely on home runs, which is fine. But you need some timely two-out hits or two or three consecutive hits, which we arent getting.Tanner Roark (9-6) turned in his shortest outing since June 5, lasting just five innings. He allowed five runs on four hits and surrendered two homers in a game for the first time this season.I didnt have my best stuff by any means tonight, Roark said. I stunk.Both teams were warned after Washingtons Oliver Perez hit Brett Wallace with a pitch to open the ninth.Washington pitchers hit three batters and San Diego hurlers hit one.Wilson Ramos had three hits for Washington.San Diego trailed 2-1 when Wallace wwas hit leading off the fifth and scored on a two-out single by Melvin Upton Jr. Air Jordan 1 Uk. After Ryan Schimpf walked, Kemp homered to center off a 2-1 Roark fastball for his 22nd of the season.Murphys solo shot pulled Washington to 5-3 in the eighth.Kemp made it 1-0 when he deposited Roarks 3-1 pitch into the Padres bullpen.He left a couple of (fastballs) up there in the zone, Kemp said.Werth tied it in the bottom of the first with a line shot to center. He has reached base in 26 consecutive games.Bryce Harper then walked, stole second and scored on Ramos single.TRAINERS ROOMNationals: RHP Joe Ross (right shoulder inflammation) will make a rehab start Sunday at Class-A Hagerstown. ... LHP Sammy Solis (right knee inflammation) began a rehab assignment with Class-A Potomac on Friday night and pitched a scoreless inning. ... 1B Ryan Zimmerman (left ribcage strain) went 1 for 5 with a two-run single and four strikeouts Friday night in his second rehab game with Potomac.PADRES SIGN ONAThe Padres Friday have agreed to terms with outfielder Jorge Ona. Ona, 19, was ranked by MLB.com as the No. 8 International prospect in the 2016 class and ranked by Baseball America as the fourth-best Cuban player available earlier this year. Its a 2017 contract, General Manager A.J. Preller said in a conference call. Hell hopefully come here for (the fall) instructional league and then report for spring training and start his pro career next season.MURPHY MASHINGMurphy has hit safely in nine straight games. During the streak hes hitting .382 (13-for-34) with five doubles, five homers, and 14 RBI.UP NEXTPadres: RHP Edwin Jackson (1-1, 4.76), who spent 2012 with the Nationals, will make his second start since joining the Padres. He allowed three runs on one hit over 6 1/3 innings to win his San Diego debut on July 17.Nationals: RHP Max Scherzer (10-6, 2.94) picked up a no-decision Sunday in an 18-inning loss to Pittsburgh despite allowing one run in seven innings. He has given up one run or less in each of his last four starts. ' ' '