when you step into these courses its like, `This is going to be a long weekend. But Im looking forw | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
jcy123 Mai 2 '19
                                      L. Nike Vapormax Ireland .A. Clippers coach Doc Rivers said ?there was nothing wrong ?with people protesting Donald Trumps election victory but that they should be open to giving the president-elect the opportunity to prove himself.The election didnt go the way I wanted it to go, Rivers said after the Clippers 111-80 win over the Portland Trail Blazers. I personally know Donald Trump. Ive golfed with him and I know him. I dont think theres anyone who runs for president that wants to do bad. I really dont. So, you know, he won. My take on it: lets give him a chance and see what he can do. Thats the only way anyway now. So, lets go with that.Rivers had also addressed the election results in Wednesdays pregame media availability where he had affirmed his belief in the American electoral system.Donald Trump is going to be fine as president, Rivers said during that session. Thats something I never thought I would have to say. Honestly. At the end of the day, he will be because I just believe America, overall, works. Theres a Congress, a Senate, and its going to work out.Rivers was surprised by Trumps victory in the presidential race, but cited civic responsibility and an old sports adage when sharing his thoughts on the president-elect.I think sports shouldve helped us before the election, Rivers continued. Never underestimate your opponent is the one thing I saw from the beginning. And, honestly, you guys know I know, I guess, President Trump. Thats the first time Ive said that. Oh boy. And he was underestimated. He really was from the beginning.And, I think we talk about in sports every night, dont underestimate your opponent. And, after defeat, the sun comes back up and you get back to work. In the political process, the way to get back to work is to actually get out and vote, you know, instead of protest. A lot of people didnt vote, and then they wake up the next morning and theyre upset.And, I think, the one thing this thing taught me again, is how powerful the vote is. Its extremely powerful. Rural America went out and voted. Inner-city America did not. You can make a case that people in inner cities didnt want to vote because theres not been a lot of change for them. And, theyre tired of voting. They want some action. So, thats what I saw last night.The Clippers coach reiterated his belief in the importance of participation in the political process as a means of activism for those unhappy with the results of Tuesday night and expressed optimism in moving forward as a nation.But, if you dont like it, you have two years from now to change it -- not the president -- but you can change the Congress, Rivers said. You can change the Senate. If you dont like it, change it. And, you change it by either running or voting. So, I think thats the way. Dont get mad; go do something. Ive said that. I say that to my players. Do something about it. And thats my thing right now -- go do something about it if you want change.The sun came up this morning. There was a time late last night I wasnt sure if it was going happen, but it did. Were all going to be OK, everyone. Were going to be OK.On Monday, Rivers had encouraged people to vote during his pre- and postgame comments. He said he had already voted in Florida, where the Chicago native remains a resident despite living much of the year in Los Angeles. He didnt disclose his choice for president.Portland coach Terry Stotts didnt mince words, saying, I was very disappointed. It wasnt my choice. I hope the country is going to be OK.The Associated Press contributed to this report.? Nike Vapormax Sale .com) - The red-hot Los Angeles Kings will try to extend their winning streak to a season-high seven games when they visit the Edmonton Oilers for Sundays clash at Rexall Place. Wholesale Nike Vapormax . -- Tony Stewart is 20 pounds lighter and has a titanium rod in his surgically repaired right leg. http://www.vapormaxireland.com/ . The 18-year-old American had five birdies in her bogey-free round for a 17-under total of 196. Lee held the overnight lead but mixed three birdies with two bogeys for a 70. LONG BEACH, Calif. -- Skateboarding stars such as Sean Malto, Theotis Beasley and Trevor Colden will compete this weekend in the new-look Dew Tour at the Long Beach Convention Center.The biggest change is a four-part skate course that will challenge skaters and make it easier for fans to understand the scoring system.Four different courses, thats a new thing in skateboarding, Malto said. Im looking forward to it. Its going to be a lot of skating. Its going to be kind of intense because sometimes as a skater you can pick what you like in a course and stick to that. But in this we have to get outside of our comfort zone. It will force me to skate and compete. I like that challenge. Its a good format.Malto said itll be like four different mini-skate parks. One section will be all hand rails and flat bars, one section will be gaps where skaters will do flip tricks and jumping down ramps and over sets of stairs, annother section will be a technical section with ledges where skaters can flip in and out, and the last section will be a big bowl. Cheap Nike Vapormax Ireland. Malto described it as more of a jam format, a little more open. Youll basically be put on each section for three minutes at a time, skate and flow and see what you come up with. Theres a little more room for failure but more room for excitement.Malto filmed a course preview with GoPro cameras on Wednesday.Its really well-built, he said. When I was skating I was thinking, `This is going to be a fun event. Sometimes when you step into these courses its like, `This is going to be a long weekend. But Im looking forward to it.Title sponsor Mountain Dew enlisted The Enthusiast Network to help create the new skate competition and a consumer festival. ' ' '