age 43, he won the Wimbledon doubles title with Budge P | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
q123 Mai 4 '19
Rollerblading and jumping off walls is probably not the safest preparation for an Olympics six months away. Cheap Soccer Jerseys Free Shipping . They are two activities pole-vaulter Holly Bradshaw loves to get stuck into, but shes resisting the temptation as she plots her domination in Brazil. Having already produced the qualifying mark, the 24-year-old from Preston should be on the plane but its crucial she stays fit after a number of niggling injuries.So how will the Sky Academy Sports Scholar spend the next few months? What other hobbies is she avoiding ahead of the Olympics?Here are Hollys thoughts.....  1. WITH SIX MONTHS TO GO, SUM UP YOUR FEELINGS IN THREE WORDSExcited. Focused. Determined.2. WHO IS YOUR OLYMPIC HERO AND WHY?I started focusing on pole vault in October 2008, straight after the Beijing Olympics where I watched many British athletes competing and doing well.I wasnt inspired by one performance in particular, I was just inspired by all of it. Watching everyone competing for their country and being in the big stadium looked amazing and thats when I knew I wanted to try to do it for myself.  Holly impressed at last summers World Championships in Beijing 3. WHAT DOES THE OLYMPICS TRULY MEAN TO YOU?It means the world. Just to be at an Olympics is a massive honour. Representing your county at the highest possible level is such a privilege. To be at my second Olympics would be amazing.4. WHAT DO YOU THINK MAKES AN OLYMPIC CHAMPION?Utter commitment to your sport. Displaying the right attitude at all times whether at training or at home. An Olympic champion does all the right things it takes to become the ultimate champion. 5. WHAT ARE THE THREE MOST IMPORTANT ITEMS YOU WILL PACK FOR BRAZIL?My poles, glue and my coach Scott Simpson, of course.6. THERE ARE AROUND 268,000 MINUTES BEFORE RIO. WHAT ARE THE THREE MOST IMPORTANT THINGS FOR YOU IN THAT TIME?Staying healthy and injury free.Enjoying every minute and making sure Im having fun along the way. Its such a privilege to get the chance to be at an Olympics so you need to make sure you are enjoying yourself and not getting beat down with all the pressure and expectation.Making sure every minute counts. If Im about to do something that isnt going to help my in my preparations for Rio then I just dont do it. It stops me doing anything stupid - which Im partial to.I love playing tennis, I love rollerblading (Im not allowed to do it though) and jumping off walls! I just do wild stuff like that without thinking! Hollys coach Scott Simpson is on her list of most important things to pack for Rio! 7. HOW DO YOU TRY TO STAY CALM WHEN THINKING ABOUT THE OLYMPICS?I just stay focused on what I need to do and not think too much about the Olympics. You just need to try to see it as any other competition as getting worked up about it can be so detrimental.I focus on a day at a time - what training I have to do, what I need to focus on during the session, making sure Im doing everything right away from the track,That way I know Im doing everything I can and wont have any regrets.WHATS COMING UP FOR OUR SCHOLARS..............JAN 16 - MARCH 5: Siobhan-Marie OConnor, AustraliaFEB 3-5: Jack Bateson, Bocskai tournament in HungaryFEB 3: Mark English, racing in Dusseldorf FEB 4: Rio Olympics - 6 months to goFEB 6-7: Elise Christie, World Cup in DresdenFEB 13-19: Quillan Isidore, training camp in Zolder, Belgium Also See: About the Scholarship Meet the athletes Blogs Videos Galleries Soccer Jerseys For Sale .B. - Sebastien Auger made 44 saves as the Saint John Sea Dogs edged the visiting Acadie-Bathurst Titan 2-1 on Saturday in Quebec Major Junior Hockey League action. Discount Soccer Jerseys .S. -- Nikolaj Ehlers registered a hat trick for the third straight game and Jonathan Drouin had a goal and five assists as the Halifax Mooseheads hammered the host Cape Breton Screaming Eagles 10-1 on Tuesday in Quebec Major Junior Hockey League action. http://www.cheapsoccerjerseys.co/ . -- Peyton Manning will have all of his wide receivers available for the first time in a month when the Denver Broncos begin their playoff run Jan. MIAMI -- Gardnar Mulloy, a member of the International Tennis Hall of Fame who won 129 U.S. national titles, has died at age 102.His wife, Jackie, said the longtime Miami resident died Monday night.Mulloy won five Grand Slam doubles titles, was ranked No. 1 in the United States in 1952 and started the University of Miami tennis program. He swept United States Tennis Association grand slams in three age groups: 45s, 70s and 80s.Mulloy, whho served in the Navy during World War II, was 31 when the war ended, and his tennis career had barely begun. Wholesale Soccer Jerseys Store. At age 43, he won the Wimbledon doubles title with Budge Patty and helped the U.S. Davis Cup team reach the final.He played competitively into his 90s and would have turned 103 on Nov. 22. ' ' '