Geronimo Allison Jersey | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Meckerecke
Mitglied
elaine95 Mai 18 '19

An NFL statement intended to clarify to officials the emphasis on quarterback hits may have raised questions with Green Bay Packers linebacker Clay Matthews.NFL football operations chief Troy Vincent said Thursday that the powerful competition committee had clarified to game officials the techniques used in such hits. A lack of consistency on such calls also has been a source of contention throughout the league.Matthews has been called for a roughing-the-passer call in each of the Packers' first three games. Two of the hits appeared to be normal tackles."I don't know if that statement really expresses how they're going to call it moving forward Marcedes Lewis Jersey ," Matthews said after practice on Thursday."Furthermore after seeing the video, too, all hits on the quarterback that came from straight on, which is what they teach you since Pee Wee football with running backs, receivers or whatever is to approach them head-on if you can — those were all illegal hits, much like the two hits I had on (Vikings quarterback Kirk) Cousins and (Redskins quarterback Alex) Smith last week, which were conveniently left out of the video."The NFL released a video online that showed flagged and legal hits, though it was not clear if Matthews was talking about the same video."All of the acceptable hits which were legal came from off the edge or quarterbacks that were trying to fight out of a sack," Matthews said. "If they continue to call it like that, I think there's going to be more penalties Lance Kendricks Jersey , players are obviously going to be upset, coaches are going to continue to not know how to coach it and fans will continue to be upset by the fact that the NFL can't seem to get out of its own way."Matthews had a conversation with team president Mark Murphy, who is on the competition committee, after the committee's latest meeting. Asked if Murphy had any advice, Matthews said "No, no . I think it was more so, just continue to play in the way I which I have."I think they were just trying to get some clarity on how ... besides the hits, I think there's been a lot of inconsistency with how it's been called with different crews out there," Matthews said. "I think that was maybe to clear it up, for officiating Davon House Jersey , but I'm not sure how it was being called before."Still, Matthews said that a slight adjustment might need to be made that when going after a quarterback head-on, that he might have to "pick a side, maybe go after the ball. Those are going to be the tough ones."The linebacker added: "Physics would say when you're coming from straight-on, you can't hit somebody with just your shoulder, wrap up with your arms. I mean, that's the way you play football, and I think that's what fans want to see. So I get it. As I continue to say, they're trying to protect the quarterbacks."Matthews said it's also difficult to officiate intent though it's something that the linebacker would like to see. He indicated he did not intend to put his full body weight on the quarterback on at least two of his hits.While Matthews has expressed frustration with the calls over the past few weeks, he did allow for moments of levity in front of his locker on Thursday."There's a big difference between falling on a guy and driving a guy on the ground Dean Lowry Jersey , and I think that would allow the officiating to be much cleaner," Matthews said. "But maybe they can make room and put one more guy on the competition committee. Me." A game between the Green Bay Packers and the New England Patriots was always going to be dominated by the quarterback storyline. With Aaron Rodgers and Tom Brady representing two of the very best examples of their craft in recent years, any time they are on the same field it will draw eyeballs and excitement from a national perspective.Not surprisingly, this week’s game got a Prime Time slot on national TV, and the talking heads will be scrutinizing the quarterbacks to no end. But the two will never be on the field at the same time, of course making it not a one-on-one competition but a 46-on-46 contest. Thankfully, one of the early pieces from ESPN this week actually takes a bit of a refreshing take on the two signal-callers — not as rivals, but simply as contemporaries.It makes sense. The two have started a regular season game opposite one another just once in their careers before this Sunday. The NFL was robbed of the first opportunity back in 2010 thanks to the Ford Field turf, which gave Rodgers a concussion the week prior. But in 2014, Rodgers was masterful in leading the Packers to a massive 26-21 victory at Lambeau Field.Of course Kentrell Brice Jersey , the other narrative taking hold is around the Packers’ safety position. We now know that Tramon Williams has been getting some practice time at the position, but we probably will not find out the name of a starter until around game time.So settle in this Sunday evening and enjoy what should be one of this season’s better games.Packers’ secondary to take a different shape | Packers.comIt very well could be "safety by committee" moving forward, as Mike McCarthy said that the spot opened up by the trade of Ha Ha Clinton-Dix will be determined largely by game plan and that a number of players are candidates to contribute there.Packers giving Tramon Williams looks at safety | Packers WireWith that said, Williams moving to safety full-time might make the most sense, since he has prior experience playing that position in Mike Pettine's defense.Aaron Rodgers and Tom Brady: Contemporaries but not rivals - ESPNIt does make you wonder a bit how these two would have stacked up if they were in the same conference. I firmly believe that if the Packers were in the AFC, they would have made more Super Bowl appearances over the last decade.Aaron Rodgers studied Tom Brady’s pocket movement | Packersnews.comRodgers’ athleticism is light-years ahead of Brady’s, but the Pats QB does excel at subtly moving around in the pocket, something Rodgers has admired for a long time.The best athlete Halloween costumes of 2018 - SBNation.comWell done, everyone, especially to Dallas Stars goalie Ben Bishop and Portland Trail Blazers forward Moe Harkless.The 10 Spookiest TDs in NFL History - NFL.comThe Packers make three appearances on this list Geronimo Allison Jersey , claiming plays 3, 4, and 5. Yes, Antonio Freeman's Monday night catch is in there, but so is a hilarious play from Aaron Rodgers' return against the Bears in 2013.Finally, we’ll close with a critical revelation that we learned about this morning: Marquez Valdes-Scantling has a super-cute dog named Ace Boogie: