nes and cameras were free to roam the sideline and take photos and video. The club relented and changed t | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
q123 Mai 24 '19
                                      NEW YORK -- Ryan Harrison looked across the net midway through the third set of his second-round US Open match with Milos Raonic on Wednesday afternoon and saw that his opponent was suffering and appeared ready to be knocked out. Air Max 270 Discount Ireland .At that point, Harrison might have been justified in feeling a twinge of bittersweet satisfaction. The men had been junior rivals and closely watched prodigies. But where Raonic made a dramatic breakthrough in 2011 and went on to become a fixture in the top 10, Harrisons career got off to a fast start and then devolved into a tale of struggle and woe.But the emotion Harrison felt as Raonic experienced cramps in various outlying precincts of his long body was something akin to compassion. Consider it a sign of the way Harrisons struggles have left him wiser, calmer, more mature and -- perhaps -- a better player.He was certainly better than Raonic on Wednesday, eliminating the Wimbledon runner-up and the US Opens No. 5 seed with a grueling, impressive 6-7 (4), 7-5, 7-5, 6-1 win that took nearly 3? hours.Hes a good guy, and I didnt want to see him hurt, Harrison said afterward. I wouldnt say I was happy to hear that [Raonic] was cramping, but youre certainly happy its not a tear in the hamstring or something like that.Once Harrison knew Raonics issue was one of fitness rather than injury, he jettisoned the compassion and took a realists approach. He was desperate to break back from 3-4 to prolong the third set, maybe even win it. He needed to show the Canadian it would be a very long way back, demanding a heavy price. Ultimately, Raonic couldnt afford the trip.The beaten seed said he has followed his former junior rivals career from afar. He saw how Harrison briefly cracked the top 40 in 2012, shortly after Raonic crafted his own breakthrough. Soon thereafter, Harrison began what has become a saga of struggle. Currently No. 120, Harrison qualified at Washington, D.C., and the Canada Masters in July and won multiple matches at both events.Hes been having sort of a resurgence of a summer, Raonic said. Hopefully, he can make it count further on through this tournament.Some wonder why Harrison has never been able to maintain his traction on the ATP tour. For if its a crime to want something too badly, count Harrison guilty. He earned his first ATP ranking points in 2007, at age 15. At age 17, U.S. Davis Cup team captain Patrick McEnroe picked him to play in a tie against Colombia. In 2010, Harrison became the first American teenager since Andy Roddick to beat a top-20 player. Roddick became his mentor, with Harrison the heir apparent to Roddicks role as leader of the U.S. mens tennis effort.It all went wrong. Harrison is now just 2-27 against top-10 opposition.I guess its a good thing that I started so young, Harrison, 24, said, because were not sitting here having the conversation about me playing well right now and Im 30.The mystery of what went wrong remains. Good as he was, Harrison did not have Grand Slam champion written all over him. He doesnt have a truly big weapon, although his serve comes close. He doesnt get consistent penetration and pace with his backhand. He has a hair-trigger temper.He maybe expected things to happen too easily, ESPN commentator John McEnroe, who coached Raonic at Wimbledon, told ESPN.com. For a while, he was doing pretty well, but then people catch up to you, learn more about you. Sometimes when you make that move up you forget that you need to keep learning and developing. Suddenly you dont have what you think you have, and your game falls apart because you have no confidence.Harrisons temper has consistently tripped him up. Intensity is a treasured quality, but Harrison often came close to giving it a bad name. In this summer of revival, he said he has been able to play with a sense of calm and also with excitement. Thats a balance Harrison has tried to strike for a long time, sometimes questioning the wisdom of the effort.At times, I would try to calm down so much that I lost that competitive edge and competitive fire that was my personality out there, he explained.Now, Harrison said he has stabilized. The process began at Newport, where the familiar demons drove him to ruin in the first round. He called a summit conference with his family and fiancée and announced that he was going to wipe the slate clean and develop new habits of self-control and emotional modulation.It was just a decision to be resilient out there, he said.That was about 30 matches ago, counting World Team Tennis, where he was named season MVP amid solid summer performances. His ranking will take a significant jump after this tournament. He has already made the third round at a major for the first time in his career.Harrisons newfound and hard-earned stability has already taught him this valuable lesson: I dont need to try to do anything more than Im capable of doing. I just need to do what Im capable of and trust that that gives me my opportunities. Air Max 270 Sale Ireland . "Hes going to have hip surgery on Jan. 7, and hell be expected to rehabilitate for four to six months beyond that," Canucks general manager Mike Gillis said Friday in an interview. Cheap Air Max 270 Ireland .Y. -- The Buffalo Sabres have recalled forward Kevin Porter and defenceman Chad Ruhwedel from the minors as part of a five-player roster shuffle made by the NHLs worst team. http://www.airmax270ireland.com/ . The Celtics closed out their first preseason under Stevens on Wednesday night with a 101-97 victory over the Brooklyn Nets, who rested a lot of their lineup including former Celtics Kevin Garnett and Paul Pierce.CINCINNATI, Ohio -- An MRI found that Bengals All-Pro receiver A.J. Green has a bruised knee that will force him to miss several days of practice. Green hurt his left knee near the end of Cincinnatis first practice of training camp on Thursday, overextending his left knee as he tried to make a sideline catch. Green said an MRI that found no structural damage. At first, he feared that it was a significant injury. A trainer examined the knee, and Green got up and walked off the field. "It was (frightening) for me," Green said on Friday. "I felt it, but everything felt intact. I got up and walked off, so its fine." Coach Marvin Lewis said Green suffered a bruise inside the knee. "Hes getting treatment and will be sore," Lewis said. "He wont practice today, tomorrow and likely this weekend at all. Then well go from there, when hes ready. "At this point, I dont see out in the future that being very long. But well take our time with it and let him get right. Hell be fine, hopefully very quickly." Green wore a wrap on the left knee and walked stiffly and slowly on Friday. He watched the first hour and 15 minutes of practice wearing a Bengals baseball cap. The Bengals most valuable player hasnt missed much time because of injuries. He hyperextended his right knee while making a touchdown catch in the end zone against Pittsburgh as a rookie and missed one game. Green said the injury on Thursday reminded him of the one his rookie season. "When I felt it, it felt just like the one against Pittsburgh," he said. Cornerback Terence Newman was covering Green on a deep pass along the sideline that drifted out of bounds. Newman gave Green a light push as he tried to get away from him. Green planted his left foot awkwardly, hurting his knee. "I saw that the ball was going to sail out of bounds so I tried to pull up and just go behind him," Newman said on Friday. "But hes the type of receiver that tries to make every single catch possible. So I just kept on running and I came back and saw him on the ground. I didnt know what happened to him. "It was a scary moment, for sure. Thats one of those guys that if he threw up on the sidelline, Im nervous. Nike Air Max 270 Ireland. Now Im seeing him grab his knee, so Im really nervous. Sounds like hes going to be good, though, so that was a breath of fresh air." Players stopped and watched Green get his knee examined on the sideline. "Its awful no matter who it is," offensive co-ordinator Jay Gruden said. "When its A.J., it kind of takes the wind out of everybody. It was silent there for a few seconds." Green said he wont change his all-out style in practice when he returns. Hes known for making amazing catches during practice, setting an example for the younger receivers. "Thats how Im programmed," Green said. "Thats what I know." Although Lewis has urged his players to stay on their feet to avoid injury during the workouts, he doubts that Green will throttle back on his effort in practice. "He made one catch this spring (during workouts) that was the most incredible catch Ive ever seen," Lewis said. "He stretched out for the ball, put his left hand down, rolled and came up on his feet. And he was about parallel with the ground, a foot above the ground. So hes kind of put together that way." Earlier in that same practice on Thursday, Green and cornerback Dre Kirkpatrick slipped at the end of the field and fell hard while contesting a pass in the end zone. Lewis said there was nothing wrong with the field, which the team uses for workouts during the season. "I dont have any concerns," Lewis said. "Its part of football. We just have to try and stay on our feet as best we can." ---- NOTES: The Bengals will wear shoulder pads for practice for the first time on Saturday, then work out in full pads on Sunday and Monday. ... The Bengals severely restricted photographers access to the practice field on Friday, limiting them to two spots well beyond the back of the end zones and one designated row of the bleachers. Fans with cellphones and cameras were free to roam the sideline and take photos and video. The club relented and changed the policy after 45 minutes, giving the media equal access. ... LB James Harrison dropped in coverage and broke up a pass during the workout, drawing a loud cheer. ' ' '