back to working on how to start makin | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
jcy123 Mai 26 '19
PHOENIX -- As expected, the Arizona Diamondbacks have activated center fielder A. .J. Pollock and he was in the lineup for Friday nights game against the Cincinnati Reds.Pollock, an All-Star and Gold Glove winner last season, broke his right elbow in a head-first slide at home in a preseason game two days before the start of the regular season.Pollock was second in the batting order against the Reds behind Jean Segura and ahead of Paul Goldschmidt. The announcement of his name over the public address system at Chase Field during starting lineup introductions drew cheers.The Diamondbacks sorely missed Pollocks offense and defense in a season that went south in a hurry.He was jokingly asked to reintroduce himself to media during a pregame news conference.Its awesome to play the game I love again, and really just not even thinking about my elbow, which is incredible, Pollock said. In the beginning of the year, everyone was saying I was out for the whole season and was not coming back. For me, I didnt think for a second that I wasnt going to play this year.Pollock was reinstated from the 60-day disabled list and outfielder David Peralta (right wrist inflammation) took his place.The plan for Pollock is to play him two days in a row followed by a day of rest. He said he might hesitate to slide head-first at the outset of his return.Im a player and I feel like if Im ready to play, I want to be out there, Pollock said. I prepared to play every single day and I think thats how your mindset has to be ... Just going to go out there and play my role.Outfielder Mitch Haniger was optioned to Triple-A Reno after Thursday nights game to make room for Pollocks return. Nike Dunk High Mens . The Redskins announced Monday that the quarterback who led the team to the Super Bowl championship in the 1987 season will serve as a personnel executive. Nike Dunk Low Mens . Andrew Luck lost his favourite target and the Indianapolis locker room lost one of its most revered leaders when Reggie Wayne was diagnosed Monday with a torn anterior cruciate ligament in his right knee that will cost him the rest of the season. http://www.nikedunkscheap.com/nike-dunk-sb-shoes/low.html . Duchene scored two goals and had an assist, helping the Colorado Avalanche beat the Carolina Hurricanes 4-2 on Friday night to match the best 10-game start in team history. NEW YORK -- Sure, Monica Puig would have loved another week between the Olympics and the U.S. Open to come down from the high of becoming Puerto Ricos first gold medalist.Then again, thats not how the tennis calendar works. Puig realizes that if she wants to climb back to those heights, shell need to figure out this sort of turnaround.For now, shes a 22-year-old who was seeded 32nd at the U.S. Open and lost her first-round match in straight sets. Zheng Saisai, ranked 61st, upset Puig 6-4, 6-2 on Monday.These are new waters for me, new territory, Puig said. Im going to have to start getting used to it.She noted that Angelique Kerber, the player she beat in the gold-medal match, was able to come right back from a draining run in Rio de Janeiro to reach the final at Cincinnati. Kerber, in contrast, is 28 and an Australian Open champ and Wimbledon runner-up this year.Shes been there, Puig said. She knows what its like. She knows shes No. 2 in the world. Shes tested the waters out a little bit.Im brand new to this.And back when Kerber was brand new to being a major champion just a few months ago, she lost in the first round of her next Grand Slam. Garbine Muguruza, also 22, struggled as well following her French Open title.A lot of people go through this, Puig said. Its not just me.She upset Kerber, Mugguruza and a third major champ, Petra Kvitova, on her stunning run to gold. Nike Sb Dunk High Cheap. Less than a week ago, Puig was in Puerto Rico, riding in a parade with other Olympians through streets packed with admirers -- her victory a joyous respite from the islands economic crisis.Then it was back to the grind of tennis. When she took the court Monday, with plenty of Puerto Rican fans cheering her on, she knew she wouldnt be viewed as the player who has never made it past the fourth round at a major or the second round at the U.S. Open.A lot of pressure, a lot of expectation, Puig said.Once it starts becoming a little bit more of a habit, she added, then Ill feel comfortable.Zheng, another 22-year-old, upset Agnieszka Radwanska at the Olympics. Shell be seeking to reach the third round at a Grand Slam for the first time when she faces 59th-ranked Kateryna Bondarenko.And Puig will get back to working on how to start making some magical runs at the majors.I need to keep racking up as much experience as I can, Puig said. You know what? This isnt going to be the last of me. I know Im going to keep working hard. The Olympics was something that happened because of all my hard work. ' ' '