ium, where he has not lost since Sept. 5 | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
jcy123 Mai 28 '19
MADISON, Wis. Custom Football Jerseys China . -- Wisconsin coach Greg Gard says what makes Nigel Hayes and the Badgers play at their best is one in the same -- how far the 6-foot-8 forward is from the basket.And with Hayes working largely from 18 feet and in, he scored a season-high 28 points Saturday as No. 17 Wisconsin shook off a slow start and blew past Oklahoma 90-70.The further he gets from the basket, the more the hard match-up scenarios level off or dissipate, Gard said.Gard said what impressed him most about Hayes was he shot 13 free throws, hitting 10, and didnt turn the ball over once while dishing out six assists. Most of those assists were at the rim as the defense collapsed, opening up outside shots.Hayes said hes just taking what the defense gives him.Its just a matter of me staying consistent, staying confident in myself with the work I put in, whether its inside or outside, just going with that mindset that no one can guard me, said Hayes, who took only two 3-point attempts and made both.The Badgers (7-2) trailed Oklahoma (5-2) the entire first half as they struggled to guard dribble handoffs that gave the Sooners momentum while attacking the rim. But once the Badgers cleaned that up and found their shooting touch, they pulled away.Wisconsin was 4 of 13 from behind the arc in the first half, and Rashard Odomes put Oklahoma up 58-57 with a 12-footer 8 minutes into the second half. But Bronson Koenig of the Badgers answered with a 3 that started a 20-3 run to put the game away.The Badgers connected on 8 of 14 3-point attempts in the second half, including three in their decisive run.Koenig, Ethan Happ and DMitrik Trice all scored 16 points for Wisconsin.Oklahoma committed 16 turnovers, eight in each half. But the Sooners were able to overcome that in the first half by hitting 5 of 8 from behind the 3-point line. Those shots stopped falling in the second half as they went 1 of 6, and coach Lon Kruger said the Sooners didnt find a way to answer as Wisconsins confidence shot up in their final run.Odomes led Oklahoma with 17 points.Some of it was certainly our doing. Some of it was Wisconsin making a good play, Kruger said of the 20-3 run. Those opportunities are what we have to learn from and certainly do a better job.BIG PICTUREOklahoma: It was the first true road game and first against a ranked opponent for a squad that has 11 underclassmen on the roster. But the Sooners didnt come out intimidated and built an eight-point lead in the first half. Still, they contributed to that decisive Wisconsin run with six turnovers over the 5-minute run. They havent beaten a ranked non-conference team in a true road game since 1989.Wisconsin: When the Badgers have an inside and outside game working together, they can put on a display. Struggling from outside in the first half, they were outscored 40-37. Hitting from the 3-point line, they outscored Oklahoma 53-30 in the second half.FALSE ALARMMidway through the first half, the Kohl Centers firm alarm went off, triggering a recorded message there was an abnormal condition in the building and urging everyone to exit. The game continued with the alarm still going off, including as Hayes went to the free throw line and hit 1 of 2. The alarm eventually stopped, and the public address announcer said there was no emergency in the building.POLL IMPLICATIONSThats consecutive wins for Wisconsin over teams from Power Five conferences, which should provide a boost to the Badgers, who dropped a spot in the poll last week after losing to North Carolina 71-56 in Hawaii.UP NEXTOklahoma: On Wednesday, the Sooners host Oral Roberts, who they have beaten 14 straight times.Wisconsin: The Badgers host Idaho State on Wednesday.---More AP college basketball: www.collegebasketball.ap.org and https://twitter.com/AP-Top25. Discount Custom Jerseys Online . The native of Mont-Tremblant, Que., captured a World Cup downhill event Saturday, his second this year and fifth career victory on the circuit. Cheap Custom T-shirts China . -- Patrick Reed got an early start in golf. http://www.customjerseyschina.com/ . Ancelotti says Ronaldo has recovered from a hamstring injury but "but he doesnt feel comfortable yet so we wont risk him." Madrid is third in the Spanish league, six points behind leader Barcelona, going into Saturdays game against Valladolid. KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- Back in January, Alex Gordon signed a four-year, $72 million contract to remain with the Kansas City Royals.The Royals, who entertain the Chicago White Sox in a series finale Thursday, are certainly not getting their moneys worth this season from the four-time left field Gold Glover winner and three-time All-Star.Gordon, 32, is hitting .203 with eight home runs and 18 RBI in 82 games, having struck out 95 times in 281 at-bats. His double Wednesday was his second extra-base hit in 16 games.You know guys have good years and you know guys have bad years, Royals manager Ned Yost said. In my mind, Alex is going to have a really, really good year next year. We know what type of player he is. We know what type of work ethic he has. He never quits. Hes continuing to work.Hes continuing to stay strong in his conditioning routine and his work ethic. Its just one of those years where its been a struggle for him.Yost said he is unable to detect in Gordons demeanor what kind of season the outfielder is having.Hes hard to read, Yost said. Hes just very businesslike in everything that he does. And you cant tell if hes gone 10-for-10 or 0-for-20.Gordon missed more than a month with a fractured right wrist after a May 22 collision with third baseman Mike Moustakas, who sustained a season-ending knee injury on the play.Is the injury play contributing to Gordons poor offensive year?He was having a down year before he got hurt, Yost said. Its just one of those crazy weird years for him.Gordon at least pulled his batting average back over .200 on Wednesday when he went 2-for-5 in the Royals 3-2, 14-inning win over Chicago.The White Sox have alternated losses with wins throughout the past seven games. They began the season 23-10, a run that third baseman Todd Frazier said the club could duplicate.We still have an opportunity to be in it, Frazier said regarding a poostseason berth. Wholesale Custom Jerseys Free Shipping. I know nobodys giving up right now. We go in there and do that 23-10 stretch, well have a bigger opportunity, starting now. I think we have a big run in us. I still believe that a lot. I still believe that we do. Just got to keep fighting and find ways to win games.White Sox manager Robin Ventura keeps his view more focused on game-to-game issues than Fraziers extended-run picture.I keep it small, Ventura said. They can look as big as they want. But, for us, we look at how were getting through this series, how youre matching up with those guys. Injuries take on a certain part of it, but we have some guys that are untested with some of it, so you dont really know what youre going to get.I like where his heads at, the way theyre thinking. Again, were going to match up with who weve got and go get em, but I like the fact that we have that feeling, that he does.The White Sox will start right-hander Miguel Gonzalez in the series finale. Gonzalez is 2-6 with a 4.09 ERA in 18 games, 17 of them starts. He is coming off a loss to the Baltimore Orioles on Friday, when he allowed four runs, three earned, on 10 hits over six innings.Gonzalez is 0-2 with a 3.65 ERA in two starts against the Royals this season. Jarrod Dyson is 8-for-10 off Gonzalez, while Gordon is 1-for-10 against him.The Royals will counter with left-hander Danny Duffy, who is 8-1 with a 2.97 ERA. He has won his past seven decisions.Duffy is 4-0 in nine starts this season at Kauffman Stadium, where he has not lost since Sept. 5, 2015, against the White Sox.In three starts vs. Chicago this year, Duffy is 1-0 with a 2.87 ERA. On June 3 at U.S. Cellular Field, he threw six shutout innings of three-hit ball, striking out 10 and walking three in a 4-1 win. ' ' '