s.Devin Morgan led Delaware State (1-4) w | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
jcy123 Mai 29 '19
Former Bellator middleweight champion Alexander Shlemenko (53-9, 1 NC) makes his return to the promotion after 20 months away when he takes on Kendall Grove (23-15, 1 NC) in Fridays main event of Bellator 162 (Spike TV/ESPN Deportes, 9 p. Swell Water Bottle Sale .m. ET).After Shlemenkos most recent win with the promotion in February 2015, a highlight-reel KO of Melvin Manhoef that was later changed to a no contest, the California State Athletic Commission suspended the 32-year-old Russian for three years and fined him by $10,000 for testing positive for anabolic steroids.He filed a lawsuit against the CSAC last fall, and the suspension was eventually lifted and fine cut in half in July via a California Superior Court decision. ESPN.com spoke with Storm about the ruling, the return bout with Grove, his student-teacher relationship with Bellator welterweight champion Andrey Koreshkov and whom hed prefer to fight between Chael Sonnen and Rory MacDonald.In the statement you issued after your suspension was lifted, you maintained your innocence regarding the drug test after the Manhoef fight. Do you plan to continue battling the no-contest, or are you just moving on with your career?I think it is hopeless. It is hopeless to fight the commission, so no. I decided this situation is behind me. And I have much better things to do. I think and I know that my win against Manhoef was 100 percent clear and honest victory.During the suspension, you were able to fight twice in your home country of Russia. What was that experience like for you?I am very glad the commission and Bellator gave me this opportunity, gave me permission to fight in Russia. During this period of time, when I couldnt compete in the U.S., I was able to stay active. It was a good test for me, because both times I fought Vyacheslav Vasilevsky, whos a very tough fighter, a good fighter, and the fact that I beat him, it brings joy to me.Its been a while since the American market has seen you in action. Do you feel you need to make a statement against Grove? Yes. Definitely I need to make a statement. Specially that during that period of time that I wasnt able to fight in the States, I put up a great amount of work in the gym. I changed all the things in my preparation, in my fighting style. I want to test it myself and want to show it to the public. I want to show it to the fans.Grove will have a sizable height and reach advantage in this bout. Without giving away your game plan, do you feel comfortable that youll be able to find your range to strike with him?To be frank with you, Ive never fought anybody who is as tall as Kendall, but I have a feeling that everything will work out really well for me.When you and your team scout him on tape, what strengths and weaknesses do you see that you can plan to exploit?It is really difficult to speak about his weak side because his strong side is obvious, his ground game and his boxing. Hes a really well rounded guy, but I think that I will be able to find his weaknesses.Since your last fight with Bellator, a new middleweight champion has been crowned in Rafael Carvalho. What are your thoughts on the division, is it tougher than it was when you first went away?Its difficult to evaluate the division right now. What I can say, I think that Carvalho lost that fight to Manhoef and I think that Melvin is supposed to be the champion right now.In your last fight in America, you delivered that highlight-reel knockout to Manhoef. With a victory over Grove, do you feel you should be in line for a title shot?I dont know, its up to Bellator actually. I can just tell you one thing, I want to fight often. I am ready to fight once every two months. It doesnt matter for me if its going to be a title fight or not because I know that I am going to beat them all.Bellator has made splashes in free agency by signing MacDonald and Sonnen. Would fights with either of them interest you in the future?I would rather fight Rory MacDonald rather than Chael because with Chael we trained together and I know him personally. Thats why I dont really want to fight him. Of course if Bellator put us against each other I would fight him, but its not something that I want to. But with Rory I would really want to fight against him.How long ago did you train with Sonnen?It was two or three years ago at Reign [Training Center] in California. It was just a few practices but we bonded.Your protégé Koreshkov has a title fight a few weeks after your bout. How much time have you spent with him to prepare for your own fight?We always train together because hes my student so I prepare myself for the fight and I also prepare him for this fight. He came with me as one of my corners so he continues his preparations here so I can watch him training and I can make sure I coach him.Do you get more out of winning a fight yourself or seeing your student do well inside the cage?Its way easier to prepare and fight yourself rather than prepare, coach, and see your student fight. In this connection, the joy is actually much higher when your student wins. I am more than just a coach to him, more than just a friend. I actually feel, I am like a father to him. Also when he fights, his wins bring me more pleasure than my own. Swell Water Bottle Wholesale .Y. -- Sabres forward Drew Stafford has witnessed plenty of turmoil during his eight seasons in Buffalo. Swell Water Bottle Cheap . Jordan Lynch, the all-purpose Heisman Trophy finalist from Northern Illinois, failed to make it into that exclusive club. http:///...wood-collection.html . Its the second straight game Bell has scored in extra time for Kelowna, which beat the Brandon Wheat Kings 6-5 on Friday, and he now has four game-winning goals on the season. HOUSTON -- Egor Koulechov had 15 points and 13 rebounds for his eighth career double-double and Rice beat Delaware State 80-58 on Wednesday night in the Hardwood Showcase.Rice led 39-28 at the half but went cold for the first 10 minutes of the second half. But after the Hornets took a 46-45, Koulechov capped a 12-0 run for a 58-46 lead with 6:12 left.The Owls outscored Delaware State 35-12 in the final 10 minutes.Marcus Jackson and Marcus Evans each added 12 pooints for Rice (4-1), which is off to its best start since the 2011-12 season. Cheap SWell Bottle. Connor Cashaw made three of the Owls eight 3-pointers and scored 11 points. Evans set a career-high with seven assists.Devin Morgan led Delaware State (1-4) with 16 points and five assists. DeVaughn Mallory had eight points and seven rebounds. ' ' '