nada. In the final on Saturday, Manuel i | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
jcy123 Mai 31 '19
INDIANAPOLIS -- Purdue athletic director Morgan Burke plans to spend his final months on campus doing the same old things. Wholesale Air Max 90 Kpu .Hell continue rooting for his alma mater, promises to lend a helping hand if asked and seems content taking a backseat to everything and everyone else around campus. Yes, after spending almost 25 years as the front man for Boilermaker sports, Burke is ready to step down and revel in becoming just another fan.Im going back in the stands, he said during Wednesdays farewell news conference. Ive been a John Purdue Club member since 76. Ive had football tickets forever. I have a lot of friends in the community, and I feel like Mike (Bobinski) knows the former AD wont be looking down over him. So Im just going back into the stands.Burke announced his retirement plan in February. After a six-month search, school administrators announced Aug. 9 that they had hired Bobinski, who plans to finish his own AD duties next week at Georgia Tech.The official handoff is scheduled for Sept. 1.So rather than create an awkward transition with two bosses essentially splitting duties, Burke plans to turn everything over to Bobinski next week. Burke, meanwhile, will complete his quarter-century of service at Purdue in a yet-to-be-defined role that will run through June.Since taking the job in January 1993, Burke has seen just about everything -- three straight Big Ten titles in mens basketball, national championships in womens basketball and womens golf, even a Rose Bowl trip following the 2000 season. His steady, confident demeanor helped Purdue remain poised when the football and mens basketball teams hit tough times.Hell always remember the golf match he had with Drew Brees, when the former Heisman Trophy finalist and Super Bowl champion offered to donate money for a new education center.While Burke did his best work behind the scenes, he presided over numerous renovations and expansion projects, countless celebrations and formed the 25-85 goal -- a term that asked each team to aspire to Top 25 status on the field and produce a Graduation Success Rate of at least 85 percent.But what stood out most to those who worked for Burke were his honesty, loyalty and unwavering commitment to put students first.Ill tell you the group hes loyal to the most is the students, football coach Darrell Hazell said. Hes really loyal to the students and the student-athletes; he has a special relationship with them and I think it may be because he was one of them.Burke also takes prides that so many former athletes have credited their professional successes off the field to what they learned by playing at Purdue.But he has grown weary of the 60 to 70-hour workweek, the 2 a.m. wake-up calls, the coaching searches and the day-to-day rigors of the job. He figures its time he spends more time with his wife, Kate, than in the office.And though Burke hasnt decided what the next chapter in his life will be, he insists that Bobinski is inheriting an athletic department on the move in all sports, including football, despite the shrinking crowds.We think what weve put in these last three years will pay dividends, Burke said when asked about the decline in football attendance. Look, the fans are there. We saw it at the end of Gene (Keadys) tenure, we were down to about 9,000 in basketball. Look at it now. So we know the fans are there.Burke tried to leave Purdue before, announcing his resignation in 1998 so he could return to private business. A few weeks later, he rescinded the resignation.This time, he promises, its over.I told (President) Mitch (Daniels) Id help him any way I can, Burke said. But Im not going to just hang around because there is life after this job.---AP college football website: www.collegefootball.ap.org Air Max 90 Essential Wholesale . Rousey will put her perfect 8-0 record and hardware on the line against another undefeated fighter, 7-0 Sara McMann in the main event of UFC 170, which will be held at the Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas Nevada on February 22nd. Cheap Air Max 90 Free Shipping .J. Ellis hit two-run homers and the NL West champion Los Angeles Dodgers defeated the San Diego Padres 4-0 Saturday night. http://www.wholesale90airmax.com/wholesale-air-max-90-premium.html .C. -- Manny Malhotra had two goals and an assist, leading the Carolina Hurricanes to a 6-3 win over the Ottawa Senators on Saturday. RIO DE JANEIRO -- Sun Yang of China wont be defending his Olympic title in the mens 1,500-meter freestyle.Sun finished 16th in Fridays preliminaries and only the top eight advanced to the final on Saturday, the last day of swimming at the Rio Olympics.Gregorio Paltrinieri of Italy had the fastest time of 14 minutes, 44.51 seconds. He won the world title last year when Sun failed to appear on the blocks for the start of the grueling race.Sun heard rumors that he wouldnt compete Friday, but he showed up and was clocked in 15:01.97.I actually think even if I finished in 16 or 17 minutes, as long as I did it, that would be encouragement for myself, he said through a translator.Sun said he had been sick after winning the 200 free on Monday and also hasnt swum the 1,500 often in the last few years.Connor Jaeger of the United States was second in 14:45.74. American Jordan Wilimovsky, who also qualified in open water swimming, was third at 14:48.47.Mack Horton of Australia was fourth. He called Sun a drug cheat after beating the Chinese to win the 400 free.It really doesnt matter if he is there or not, Horton said of Sun missing out.Another former 1,500 champion also failed to advance. Ous Mellouli of Tunisia, who won at the 2008 Beijing Olympics, finished 21st. He will compete in the 10-kilometer open water race next week at Copacabana Beach.This is the Olympics of upsets, Wilimovsky said.A day after becoming the first African American woman to win an individual Olympic gold, Simone Manuel of the United States was back in the pool for the 50 free. She was all business in advancing out of the preliminaries with the 11th-fastest time of 24. Cheap Nike Air Max 90 Premium Womens. .71 seconds.Pernille Blume of Denmark was the top qualifier in 24.23. Also reaching the semifinals were sisters Cate and Bronte Campbell of Australia, defending Olympic champion Ranomi Kromowidjojo of the Netherlands, American Abbey Weitzeil, and 39-year-old Therese Alshammar of Sweden.Manuel shared the 100 free title with 16-year-old Canadian Penny Oleksiak, who didnt enter the shorter sprint.Chinas Chen Xinyi withdrew after testing positive for a banned substance.Britain topped the qualifying heats for the mens 4x100 medley relay. Chris Walker-Hebborn, Adam Peaty, James Guy and Duncan Scott were clocked in 3 minutes, 30.47 seconds.The U.S. team of David Plummer, Kevin Cordes, Tom Shields and Caeleb Dressel were second fastest in 3:31.83. Michael Phelps will join the team for the final on Saturday in the last race of his record-setting career.Also moving into the final was host country Brazil, ensuring fans at the Olympic Aquatics Center will be cheering loudly.The United States blew away the field in the womens 4x100 medley relay heats.Olivia Smoliga, Katie Meili, Kelci Worrell and Abbey Weitzeil qualified fastest in 3:54.67 -- 2.13 seconds ahead of second-place Canada. In the final on Saturday, Manuel is expected to be part of the U.S. team.The Canadians were timed in 3:56.80, followed by Denmark in 3:56.98. ' ' '