y swing and I need to understand that | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
jcy123 Jun 2 '19
Three key pillars of Australias Olympic basketball squad are united in their belief the Boomers can push for a drought-breaking medal at Rio - even gold. Custom Astros T-shirts .The Boomers have never won an Olympic medal, with their best result a fourth-place finish in 1988, 1996 and 2000.Boomers can win gold - in Tokyo, says GoorjianDespite being weakened by the withdrawal of 2016 No.1 NBA draft pick Ben Simmons and 2014 No.5 selection Dante Exum -- and the possible unavailability of important big man Andrew Bogut (knee) - the Boomers are full of confidence ahead of next months Games.As the squad went through its paces during a physical scrimmage in Melbourne on Saturday, key playmakers Matthew Dellavedova and Patty Mills, and coach Andrej Lemanis, were all adamant the Aussies could push for an elusive medal, and perhaps even shock the world by claiming gold.Our goals are to achieve something Australias never done before - to win a medal, San Antonios Mills said.Our goal is gold - weve dreamt about it from when we were little kids, laying in bed dreaming about it, getting that gold medal put around our necks on the podium. To put that into reality [would be amazing].Were going to the Olympics not to just participate, but to try to win a gold medal. We all believe in it. Thats the belief we have. I think its been more felt this time around than any other program Ive been involved in.Mills partner in crime Dellavedova, fresh off winning the NBA championship with Cleveland before a $US38.4 million move to Milwaukee, said he also had his sights firmly on the gold medal.The 25-year-old said Australias famous fighting spirit and team-first mentality would help the Boomers fight above their weight division at Rio.I think our camaraderie -- the things that make Australians Australian -- is what our big advantage is, he said. We have a lot of guys going well all over the world but when we come back [as a squad], theres only one goal, and thats to win. Weve played together for a number of years now, so the understanding on the court, our systems, we know each other on and off the court.Weve got the most guys weve ever had playing in the NBA, weve got guys playing at a really high level in Europe, the NBL is going as well as it has for a long time, so ... were not going to be intimidated by anybody.Delly excited by new Bucks team-mate Thon MakerA sign of that camaraderie was on display at Saturdays scrimmage, with Exum --who withdrew from the squad in June to focus on his recovery from a knee reconstruction in September last year - watching on intently from the sidelines, cajoling and cheering on the squad despite his unavailability for Rio.Lemanis - who will select his 12-man squad for Rio on Monday morning - said he was confident the team at his disposal could secure a podium finish.Absolutely, he said. Its something weve spoken about as a team and we believe we have enough talent and enough chemistry to go to Rio and be successful. I dont think its any secret that as a team weve set our sights on the gold medal.A key wildcard for the Boomers could be the inclusion of Bogut, who is battling bone bruising from last months NBA Finals series.His coach believes Bogut could be a key player even if he wasnt at full fitness for the Olympics.Hes such a difference-maker, his presence is so positive for the group ... so its worthwhile giving him every opportunity to play, Lemanis said.Even if he doesnt play any of the lead-in games, were still OK with that. Im OK with [Bogut playing at 60 or 70 percent fitness] - but its Andrews call, its something only he can make a call on. But if he says hes in, Im good with that.The Boomers will finalise their preparation for Rio with two games against an American College All-Stars side at Melbournes Hisense Arena?on July 12 and 14. Custom Astros Jerseys . - Blake Griffin had 30 points and 12 rebounds, J. Wholesale Custom Astros Shirts .com) - The game was all punts and field goals before Kodi Whitfields catch. http:///...ersey-large-76y.html . President of baseball operations Larry Beinfest was fired Friday after 12 years with the Marlins. The move came as the team neared the end of its third consecutive last-place season in the NL East.BOSTON, Massachusetts - If it was possible for steam to emit from a mans ears, manager John Gibbons office would have been engulfed by a blinding fog after Sundays 5-4 series-losing defeat to the Boston Red Sox. "Thats the most frustrating loss of the year, to be honest with you," said Gibbons. "Simply because of who were playing, where were at and so many opportunities. I cant remember that many opportunities we let get away." Case in point: the sixth inning, when the Blue Jays were trailing 4-2. Josh Thole, whod replaced Adam Lind – more on that in a moment – walked. Rajai Davis and Colby Rasmus followed with singles to load the bases with nobody out. Toronto didnt score. J.P. Arencibia and Maicer Izturis were retired on infield flies and Emilio Bonifacio, pinch hitting for Munenori Kawasaki against Red Sox left-hander Craig Breslow, struck out. Inning over. While the Jays did manage to recover, tying the game thanks to solo home runs by Jose Reyes in the seventh and Jose Bautista in the ninth, it wasnt enough. With one out in the Boston ninth, Juan Perez gave up a single to Brandon Snyder and then walked Jacoby Ellsbury. Casey Janssen replaced Perez and got a ground ball out of Shane Victorino, which was misplayed by Thole and rolled into right field. Jonathan Diaz, pinch running for Snyder, scored the game-winning run. Thole, appearing in only his second major league game at first base but who has played the position 156 times in the minors, cut to the chase. "It sucks," he said. "Ive just got to catch the ball and make an out." Sport often weaves a narrative. In that vein, perhaps its fitting that in their 81st game, the halfway point of what has been a disappointing season, the Blue Jays suffered a disappointing loss. Lind woke up Sunday morning with tightness in his back, the first time this season hes made mention of a problem which plagued him between 2010-2012. Lind is hopeful he misses no more than "a couple of days." After the game, it was revealed Mark DeRosa injured his neck taking batting practice on Sunday morning and wasnt available. Gibbons short bench was rendered even shorter and he was forced to go with the struggling Bonifacio in that sixth inning pinch hit spott. Cheap Astros Jerseys. Perez, riding a 15-inning scoreless streak, took the loss when the unearned run scored in the ninth. Ordinarily, he wouldnt have been Gibbons first choice to start the frame but because starters Chien-Ming Wang and Josh Johnson gave the club only five combined innings on Thursday and Friday nights, the bullpen was taxed. In one game, it all added up. Just like inconsistent starting pitching, sometimes shoddy defence and hit-and-miss offence have conspired to add up to a 40-41 record through 81 games. The second half begins with a Canada Day matinee back home against the Detroit Tigers. The Blue Jays are expecting a sell-out crowd. "Hopefully, the crowd gets behind us," said Mark Buehrle. "I mean, the last couple of games we were home, it was pretty impressive playing there. Hopefully, we can come back and start playing better." Bautista has 200th home run ball Jose Bautista hit the 200th and 201st home runs of his major league career in Saturdays 6-2 win over the Red Sox. His 200th, a two run shot in the sixth, cleared the Green Monster seats and landed in the parking lot on the other side of the left field wall. A clubhouse attendant retrieved the ball for Bautista, who, by the way, was wearing a pair of R.A. Dickeys pants to accommodate the high socks look. Bautista changed his look to change his luck at the plate and, apparently, it worked. He had three hits, including a game-tying home run (202) in the ninth, in Sundays series finale. Reyes being patient with himself Superstars are used to having success. It makes the first few games after a long injury layoff especially difficult. Jose Reyes keeps reminding himself to be patient, stay positive. "Im just going to continue to go to home plate aggressive," said Reyes. "I know that I missed a long time and its going to take a little while. Hopefully sooner than later, I get my timing back but Im going to go to home plate with the same attitude and just try to put a good swing on the ball. Whatever happens, happens. I come in here and work with (hitting coach) Chad (Mottola) every day on my swing and I need to understand that its a process." In five games since his return from a 66-game absence with a sprained left ankle, Reyes is 4-19 (.211) with a home run and two walks. ' ' '