gh that Bochy considered him a possibility to play Sundays series final | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
q123 Jun 3 '19
PORTLAND, Ore. Air Max 95 Cheap Authentic . -- A pregame chat with teammate Dwyane Wade inspired Jimmy Butler against the Blazers.Butler went on to have 27 points and 12 rebounds, and the Chicago Bulls opened a six-game road trip with a 113-88 victory over Portland on Tuesday night.Wade had 19 points for Chicago, which extended its modest winning streak to three games. Former Blazers center Robin Lopez added 13 points and 11 rebounds.I was talking to D-Wade before the game and he tells me to go out with a killer instinct, make them adjust to you -- go out with a full head of steam and show them why you are one of the best players in the league, Butler said. Thats what I try to do. Having D-Wade tell me that makes me think there is some truth to it.The Blazers, who had won five of six, were cold from the start, falling behind by as many as 26 points. Damian Lillard, who made just two shots from the field in the first half, finished with 19 points.Chicago, coming off a 106-95 victory over Washington on Saturday, was without Rajon Rondo because of a left ankle sprain. Jerian Grant made his first start of the season and had 18 points.The Blazers played their third straight game without starting forward Al-Farouq Aminu, who has a sore left calf and is expected to be re-evaluated next week. Meyers Leonard has been inserted into the lineup in his absence, but he struggled and played 15 minutes with no points.The Bulls built a 20-7 lead to open the game as Portland struggled, hitting just two of 13 shots. The Blazers were outscored 35-14 in the first quarter.Butler led the way with 11 points. Lillard, who was ranked third in the league with an average of 30.7 points a game, went 0 for 7 from the floor and didnt make his first basket until midway through the second quarter.Once we got in that hole we couldnt dig out, Lillard said.Butler finished the half with 19 points and the Bulls led 56-37. Wade had a two-handed dunk to extend Chicagos lead to 66-42.We believe in ourselves, we are buying into the system, everyone is working on their game, Butler said. We are actually paying attention to the scouting reports and doing what were supposed to do to win.Blazers coach Terry Stotts was asked if it was just one of those nights for Portland.I dont know, I think its difficult to evaluate. You ask about effort? When you shoot 20 percent (in the first quarter) I dont think thats effort, Stotts said. So thats why its a little difficult to evaluate when youre struggling on the offensive end.TIP-INSBulls: The Bulls lead the league with an average of 13.6 offensive rebounds per game. They had 19 against Portland. ... Doug McDermott was also out because of a concussion. ... Lopez and LaMarcus Aldridge, Nicolas Batum and Wesley Matthews all left the Blazers prior to last season, leaving Lillard as the lone starter to return.Trail Blazers: The Trail Blazers hosted the teams first Pride Night to celebrate diversity and inclusion. Proceeds from special sweatshirts and a raffle will go to the Q Center, a local LGBTQ community center. ... At the half, the Blazers also honored athletes who participated in this summers Rio Olympics with Oregon ties, including hurdler Devon Allen and marathoner Galen Rupp.JERIANS START: Grant made his first start a memorable one. In addition to his 18 points he also had five steals.Jerian stepped in big tonight, guarding one of the best point guards in the league, Wade said. He just found out right before the game that he was starting and he played big for us tonight.BULLS IN PORTLAND: Chicago has won two consecutive games in the Rose City for the first time since 1995-98, when it won three straight.UP NEXT:Bulls: Chicago visits the Utah Jazz on Thursday night.Trail Blazers: Portland embarks on a five-game road trip, starting with the Houston Rockets on Thursday night. Air Max 95 Cheap Sale .Y. -- Buffalo Bills coach Doug Marrone has drawn on his Syracuse connections once again by hiring Rob Moore to take over as receivers coach. Wholesale Air Max China . -- Bryant McKinnie came out of his stance and lowered his shoulder into a practice squad player, causing a crisp thud to reverberate in the Miami Dolphins practice bubble. http://www.airmaxwholesaleforsale.com/air-max-90-wholesale.html . Rousey will put her perfect 8-0 record and hardware on the line against another undefeated fighter, 7-0 Sara McMann in the main event of UFC 170, which will be held at the Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas Nevada on February 22nd.SAN FRANCISCO -- Even after his fathers passing this week, Barry Zito planned to pitch on turn Saturday just three days later. And pitch he did. Zito tossed seven impressive innings with a heavy heart to keep the San Francisco Giants in the game, and they won it 2-1 on Hector Sanchezs bloop single with one out in the 11th inning to snap a nine-game home losing streak to the Miami Marlins. "Im doing all right," Zito said. "I went out there today and was able to keep my stuff down for the most part. ... I wanted to stay on turn and help the ballclub the best I can. It was good to be able to go out there and throw. I just try to minimize distractions and take the mound regardless of what it is. Some things are a little heavier than others." Giants right fielder Hunter Pence made a diving catch to rob Placido Polanco of a likely go-ahead single to end the 11th as Miami left runners on first and second in back-to-back innings. The Giants beat the Marlins at home for the first time since July 28, 2010. Mike Dunn (2-2) allowed Gregor Blancos infield single to start the 11th. Ryan Webb relieved and gave up Buster Poseys infield single. Pence was intentionally walked and Sanchez singled to left for his third game-ending hit. Blanco hit a tying double in the fifth for the Giants. Sergio Romo struck out Giancarlo Stanton to end the eighth but yielded Polancos leadoff single in the 10th. After a strikeout of Jeff Mathis, Javier Lopez relieved and gave up a base hit to pinch-hitter Greg Dobbs. Sandy Rosario (2-0) entered and struck out Justin Ruggiano and Ed Lucas, pumping his fists when the inning ended. Lucas hit his first career home run as the Marlins grabbed a quick lead on Zito in the first, and added a pair of singles. He traded a signed bat for the souvenir home run ball. "I think some kid caught it in the outfield," Lucas said. "They were yelling at him to throw it back. He held onto it. It was a pretty good decision for him." Zito took the mound following the Wednesday death of his dad, Joe, at age 84. The left-hander spent that day in Southern California. "Barrys the ultimate professional, but when you lose a family member, especially a parent, I cant imagine what he was going through," Posey said. "He stuck to his routine and gave us a great performance." The pitcher told Bruce Bochy he planned to stay on schedule and make his Saturday start -- and the sellout crowd of 41,683 showed its support with a roaring standing ovation when Zito walked off the mound in the seventh to end his outstanding day. Zito allowed one run on six hits, struck out five and walked two in a second straight no-decision. The Marlins nine-game winning streak at AT&T Park was the clubs longest in franchise history against any opponent. The nine victories iin a row in San Francisco tied the second-longest unbeaten run in the teams waterfront ballpark with the Padres from July 2, 1995, to Sept. Air Max 97 Sale. 16, 1996. The Los Angeles Dodgers won 11 in a row in San Francisco from Aug. 19, 2006, to July 15, 2007. Giants shortstop Brandon Crawford was 0 for 4 while returning to the lineup after missing three games with two sprained fingers on his right hand. The Giants missed a chance in the first on Blancos baserunning blunder. He and Marco Scutaro started the inning with consecutive singles, then Posey flied out to shallow centre and Marcell Ozuna threw out Blanco at second when he was caught off the bag after taking an early jump. In the second, Juan Perez reached on a two-out walk only to be picked off at first. Scutaro grounded into an inning-ending double play in the third for yet another squandered chance. Perez was thrown out at the plate in the fifth on a squeeze attempt. In the fifth, Blanco was credited with an RBI double after a fan reached over the 20-foot wall in right field and snatched the ball on a high bounce. Blanco was then moved to third, as it is the umpires discretion to determine where they thought the baserunner would have ended up without the interference. Marlins manager Mike Redmond received his first career ejection as a skipper for arguing the ruling. "I thought initially it was a ground-rule double. He called fan interference," Redmond said. "I just didnt think Barry Zito would have scored from first." Bochy, meanwhile, thought Blanco might have had an inside-the-park homer otherwise. The 31-year-old Lucas was a career minor leaguer who logged 925 games while trying to break into the big leagues, including six of his 10 minor league years at Triple-A. He finally got his shot on May 30 -- eight days after turning 31 -- when he made his major league debut as a defensive replacement in the ninth inning against Tampa Bay. Marlins starter Jacob Turner, facing the Giants for the first time in his career, hung tough in his duel with Zito. Turner singled in the fifth for his first major league hit. A day after going 1 for 14 with runners in scoring position, San Francisco didnt convert in such situations until Poseys hit -- putting the Giants at 4 for 25 in the first three games. NOTES: Stanton had a 10-game hitting streak against San Francisco snapped. ... Giants OF Andres Torres hobbled through the clubhouse with his right knee wrapped in ice a day after injuring it on a slide trying to stretch a double into a triple. He was still sore and had swelling in the knee, but improved enough that Bochy considered him a possibility to play Sundays series finale. ... Marlins Spanish radio voice, Felo Ramirez, celebrated his 90th birthday. ... Redmond had one ejection during his 13-year playing career. ' ' '