Jacksonville's formula for success was evident | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » CALISIA » Fehler auf der Seite
Mitglied
zhangzk Jun 15 '19

It's relying on their strengths. It's playing to their identity. It's surely not the last time they'll win like that Calais Campbell Jerseys 2019 , either.Sure, the Jaguars would like to have done more offensively in a 20-15 victory at the New York Giants .But after losing running back Leonard Fournette to a hamstring injury early, being without leading receiver Marqise Lee (knee) and having the starting offensive line together for first the time in a game, the team will gladly take the performance and hope to build on it heading into the home opener against New England (1-0)."Everybody has a role in how we're supposed to win football games," quarterback Blake Bortles said. "Mine is making sure we're hitting the right run plays, delivering the ball, letting guys make plays, not turning it over and keeping the wheels greased up and spinning."The Jaguars finished with 305 yards and 13 points offensively, with all of the points coming in the first half.They really struggled with Fournette in street clothes, converting one third-down play and managing just 91 yards in the second half. It didn't help that Jacksonville finished with 11 penalties for 119 yards.Coach Doug Marrone defending the play-calling Monday, saying the team didn't get conservative."I don't know if that was the way we felt Black Keelan Cole Jerseys ," he said. "It might have been the way it looked. ... I think you have to be able to adjust, depending on what goes on in the game."Marrone said Fournette's injury is considered minor, but couldn't guarantee he would be ready to play against the Patriots in a rematch of last season's AFC title game."If he is ready to go, we will ease him back in there," Marrone said. "We will see how he feels. I think a lot of it depends on that."Bortles completed 18 of 33 passes for 176 yards, with a touchdown and an interception."The only thing I ask of Blake is one thing: I want to win the game," Marrone said. "I don't really ask him to do a lot of other things. We want to make sure we don't turn the ball over, but we talk about that to everybody. That's just not him. He happens to get that speech because he's one of many people who touch the ball. All we're looking for out of him is to win football games."Jacksonville's defense won this one.The unit held the Giants to a lone touchdown 鈥?rookie Saquon Barkley's 68-yard TD run in the fourth quarter 鈥?and scored the decisive points when Abry Jones tipped a pass at the line of scrimmage that linebacker Myles Jack caught and returned for a 32-yard score ."That's the way we like to do it," Jack said. "We feel like we're so talented on defense that we have defensive backs who can score, linebackers who can score and even defensive linemen who can create strip-sack fumbles and score. We don't put any pressure on the offense. If the offense scores, that's even more onus on us. We try to create points."The Jaguars scored eight touchdowns on defense in 2017 Keelan Cole Jerseys 2019 , including one in the postseason. Those were key to developing the team's personality, which remains intact this season."That's just defense being defense and making plays," linebacker Telvin Smith said. The Jacksonville Jaguars will be taking on the New York Jets in just a few hours in a Week 4 matchup that the team must win before going on the road in back-to-back weeks.Before the game begins, we wanted to ask the Big Cat Country team (and you!) a simple question:“How will the Jaguars do against the Jets today?”Alfie Crow (@AlfieBCC)I think it goes without saying the offense has to play much better than it did against the Titans to beat the Jets, but I think this is finally the game fans see the defense get those sacks and turnovers they’ve been asking about.Jaguars win 24-10Ryan Day (@ryaneatscake)I don’t think the offense struggles like last week, but not as much. Three scores and probably just as many punts and probably a turnover or two. That said, I think the defense has a monster day and makes it a sad, sad plane ride back home for Sam Darnold.Jaguars win 17-6Jon Kirland (@BCBCouch)I think the Jets are a better team than the one the Jags lost to a year ago, and fans shouldn’t take them for a pushover. That said, I believe the Jags offense gets a “Good Blake” day and puts up enough points this week to compliment the defense and a secondary who will get their first pick of the season against a rookie quarterback prone to throw them.Jaguars win 27-16Ryan O’Bleness (@ryanobleness)I think the Jaguars are able to bounce back this week, but I don’t think that Jacksonville is going to run over the New York Jets. I predict another grind-it-out type game in which the Jags pull away in the fourth quarter. Jacksonville needs to defend the run and limit big plays at a much better rate than last season’s matchup.Jaguars win 24-14Brian Fullford (@iambwf)Between losing to the Titans Black Marcell Dareus Jerseys , Democrats and Republicans killing my faith in our leaders, and binge watching The Handmaid’s Tale, I could use something uplifting.If this defense can’t turn Sam Darnold to jelly I’m lost. That said, the Jets defense can hold their own meaning Bortles once again has an opportunity to prove his worth.My bold prediction is that you’ll be more confused about this teams identity after the game, and I’ll be at least three Bloody Mary’s deep by kickoff.Jaguars win 23-6Filip Prus (@JaxonFil)The Jaguars defense has played at a high level so far this year (fourth in yards allowed per game, second in points allowed per game), but they have yet to showcase that smothering defensive performance like the Pittsburgh Steelers game last year. This could very well be that game, and I’m predicting that the defense wins it for them outright to take advantage of a young ambitious quarterback. I see the offense struggling yet again this week, hence the close score.Jaguars win 24-14What do you think? Got any predictions for the Jaguars vs. Jets game? What do you think the final score will be? Let us know in the comments below!