ood start.Pockrass: The TV ratings and attendance a | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
wzh123 Jun 17 '19
Theyre clear favourites to win Tuesday nights World Cup qualifier, but former Brisbane Roar captain Matt Smith has warned the Socceroos might struggle to contain Thailands `Messi. Custom Denny McLain Jersey .Diminutive playmaker Chanathip Songkrasin, fittingly known as `Messi J, will be Thailands tricky trump card at the Rajamangala National Stadium.Former Socceroos defender Smith, who won three A-League titles the Roar, has himself been on the receiving end of Chanathips cunning game.Smith plays for Thai Premier League outfit Bangkok Glass while Chanathip steered champions Muangthong United to last seasons title.In terms of their attacking strengths, he would be the one the Socceroos would have the most trouble with, Smith said.Hes probably the cleverest, hes very good on the ball technically - he could definitely play at a higher level.He tries to get the ball into the smaller pockets and hes very comfortable linking with players around him.With a name like Messi J he literally floats around.Hell get himself into transition and look to counter-attack pretty quickly.Hes good around the box and he can see a lot in terms of forward runners - and he can finish.Smith expected Thai fans to come out in force on Tuesday, in what will be the first opportunity for the community to show public national support following a 30-day mourning period after the death of their king.Despite Socceroos coach Ange Postecoglou predictingThailand would set up defensively, Smith felt their real strength lay in attack.I see it week in, week out, he said.They can defend also, but in terms of picking one over the other they attack very well.Smith was on the sidelines watching Socceroos training over the weekend, taking up a rare opportunity to reunite with former Roar coach Postecoglou.The 34-year-old has been attempting to implement Brisbanes football philosophy at Bangkok Glass, where he is their first foreign captain.The team also has another Australian influence in new coach Aurelio Vidmar, appointed in August after his contract with the Australian national teams wasnt renewed.I think our club is ready for a coach of Aurelios stature, Smith said.Hes settled in well, now weve got a good opportunity in the pre-season to work on stuff hes been trying to implement. Denny McLain Jersey Large . It was the second consecutive win for the Pacers (2-5), who lost their first five preseason games. Jeff Teague led the Hawks (1-5) with 17 points and eight assists and Al Horford had 12 points and seven rebounds. Mike Scott scored 15 of his 17 points in the second half. Alan Trammell Jersey Large .In my heart and mind Im competing for India, luge competitor Shiva Keshavan told The Associated Press in an email interview. Every day Im flooded with messages from Indians all over the world telling me they are supporting me. http:///...rsey-large-285e.html . Still, Brewers manager Ron Roenicke thought taking him out before the fifth inning was an unusual move. "Im looking up at the board and hes got two hits given up and one run, and Im taking him out after the fourth inning," Roenicke said. Our experts weigh in on four of the biggest questions in NASCAR as the Sprint Cup Series gears up for the final event Sunday at Homestead-Miami Speedway:Turn 1:?Four drivers, one race for the championship. Who raises the Sprint Cup trophy?Ricky Craven, ESPN NASCAR analyst: This is a very balanced championship race, with no clear favorite, not a long shot among the four. All things being equal, no flat tires, mechanical issues, etc. It becomes a door-to-door battle between Joey Logano and Jimmie Johnson. Im favoring experience! Johnson wins his seventh title.Ryan McGee, ESPN.com: I would love to see some history made. I was there the day Dale Earnhardt won his seventh Cup and I would love to be there to see Johnson win his seventh. I think they will regret letting Kyle Busch sneak into this thing. His been-there/done-that factor is fresh after last year and Ive always said that this format was made for him. So, Kyle it is.John Oreovicz, ESPN.com: \Logano. Hes the youngest driver to make the Chase final under the elimination format and its his second crack at the title. Hes in position to become the youngest Cup champion since Jeff Gordon more than 20 years ago and it would be the perfect way to cap the celebration of Roger Penskes 50-year anniversary as a team owner.Bob Pockrass, ESPN.com: I picked Carl Edwards to start the Chase. At the time, it seemed that the combined experience of Edwards and crew chief Dave Rogers along with the strength of Toyota would allow them to prevail. While they didnt show it for much of the Chase, they showed it at Texas, and that is good enough for me to stick with the pick.Turn 2: Should the championship race rotate among tracks?Craven: Weather is too important of a factor, so considering the time of year, Miami makes a lot of sense. Las Vegas could be an option, perhaps Phoenix -- but where else could we go and be confident the climate would accommodate a mid-November championship race? I like the season beginning and ending in Florida.McGee: Nope. I love this setting and I think this track is the perfect 1.5-mile representative of the bread-and-butter of the season. The title finishes weve had at Homestead-Miami have been pretty amazing. If theyre going to rotate races, rotate the All-Star Race.Oreovicz: No. Homestead is unique among intermediate ovals and its a racy enough track to make it an interesting venue for the finale. Miami is also a popular place for northern fans to soak up one last weekend of sunshine before the winter sets in.Pockrass: It doesnt have to rotate among tracks. Homestead-Miami Speedway is a great track as far as racing goes with the current package and progressive banking. A driver makes a difference. How many places could play host to a race this time of year that could say that? And please donnt say Daytona. Tigers Jerseys China. .Turn 3: How should Johnson celebrate if he earns his seventh championship?Craven: He should take his entire family, closest friends, and all of Hendrick Motorsports to Disney World (geographically convenient).?McGee: By taking pictures in Victory Lane while wearing a Richard Petty cowboy hat and a pair of Dale Earnhardt Gargoyles.Oreovicz: First by paying respects to Richard Petty and Dale Earnhardt. Then he can unveil the hashtag or social media campaign that will accompany his run for eight. #H8ters #8for48.Pockrass: A seven-mile run with a shot of tequila at each mile mark. And with all his team with him. On Facebook Live so we could see which ones make it.Turn 4:?NASCAR chairman Brian France is going to give a state of the sport talk on Sunday. What should he say?Craven: What have been ?our greatest gains made in the last year? I would like to hear what Brian believes are our greatest headwinds. I would like to know ?if there is a vision of our sport competing in Mexico and Canada (one race each?) in the near future. His view on the impact Tony Stewart has had on our sport, who among our young drivers is best suited to fill the void Stewart and Jeff Gordon leave? What are we doing as an industry to appeal to younger consumers, how are we innovating to become the most entertaining option for people spending their entertainment dollars?McGee: He should be honest. Throwing 100 percent sunshine around the room will come off as totally phony. Im not one who thinks that the sport is this doomed sinking ship that can never be saved. But the numbers are what they are and the lack of a title sponsor is what it is. Just be honest about those things and if theyve been a source of stress and concern, say that. ISC shareholders will probably wince for a few minutes, but 45 minutes of being straightforward -- or at the very least, not dodgy -- would go miles and miles with both the fan base and the people who make their living in the garage.Oreovicz: Id like to hear a more realistic outlook than the one he recently shared with Inc.com. NASCAR has some serious problems, including declining attendance, sponsorship revenue and television ratings, but in that interview, France came across as oblivious or ignorant of NASCARs basic issues. Acknowledging that all is not perfect would be a good start.Pockrass: The TV ratings and attendance are not where NASCAR would like them to be, and NASCAR is aware that those hurt teams the most in their quest for sponsorship, which remains the backbone of their revenue stream. So NASCAR will look at ways to increase team sponsor value, even if it is at a cost to NASCAR itself. ' ' '