Sunday’s win over the Ravens sets the Chargers | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » CALISIA » Fehler auf der Seite
Mitglied
zhangzk Jun 29 '19

England to face the Patriots next weekend and it’s not the first time that quarterback Philip Rivers has found himself in that spot.The Chargers faced the Patriots in the AFC title game after the 2007 season and lost 21-12 with Rivers playing through a torn ACL. It’s been a long time since that game Melvin Gordon Jerseys Stitched , but Rivers and Tom Brady remain in the same spots that they were back then and Rivers said he’s excited about the chance to take on the Patriots once again.“Again, I’ve got to focus on that defense,” Rivers said, via the team’s website. “Now I’m not playing Tom by any means, but is it special to go to New England to go against a Hall of Fame coach and arguably the best quarterback ever to play? [Am I excited to] get another shot at them? Heck yeah. Heck yeah it is special. Just like I always told you, we look over and it’s Peyton Manning on the other side. I’m not playing those guys Youth Joey Bosa Jerseys , but I have a great deal of respect. [I’m a] fan of those guys. So to get an opportunity again to go against them 11 years after we had that opportunity in the 2007 season, yeah, it’s awesome. I’m looking forward to it.”Rivers said the team needs “to play better offensively” than they did in the 23-17 win over the Ravens and getting a repeat performance from the defense would be a big help to getting the result that escaped Rivers over a decade ago.Top Ten Defensive Performances of 2017: #9 Chris McCain v. DEN #9.) Week 7 Chris McCain vs. Denver - 4 tackles, 2 sacks, 2 Forced FumblesChris McCain was a complete unknown going into the 2017 season. Fans knew he was a tall, lanky pass rusher who had spent some time with a few teams prior to joining the Bolts Joey Bosa Jerseys Stitched , but that was about it. After making the 53-man roster, he settled into a rotational role behind OLB/DE Melvin Ingram at the LEO position where it didn’t take long for him to start showing why he was worthy of his spot on the team.There is no question that McCain’s breakout game of the year came against the Denver Broncos in their second contest against the Bolts. This game also happened to be a historic shutout for the Chargers rising defense.Doing more than his fair share, McCain posted an impressive and efficient stat line that included four tackles, two of them being sacks with both of those causing the Broncos’ Trevor Siemian to cough up the ball. Overall, #40 made the most of his snaps that day and was constantly a handful for Denver’s tackles, including 2017 first-round pick Garret Bolles.On his first sack Youth Joe Barksdale Jerseys , McCain showed the world just how important it is for pass rushers to master “running the hoop” in practice. Lining up at the left defensive end position, he starts in a wide 9 outside ofthe tight end and takes a loooooong loop around the right tackle. As he begins to win around the edge, Siemian starts to his left but can’t outrun the lengthy EDGE player. The ball is popped free and it’s Chargers ball.Below you an find the replay for his second sack and forced fumble of the evening.After the Chargers rescinded their second-round tender on McCain earlier this year, heeventually signed with the Indianapolis Colts in free agency. The loss of McCain leaves a wide open spot and will definitely create some needed competition for the other pass rushers in hopes of being able to play third fiddle to Bosa and Ingram in 2018.