With the 15th overall pick in the 2019 Bleeding Green | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » CALISIA » Fehler auf der Seite
Mitglied
zhangzk Jul 5 '19

Nation community mock draft Zach Ertz Jerseys Stitched , Washington GM roberticus01 selects ..."DK Metcalf, WR, Ole MissWASTEAM’s front office and coaching staff suck. The Washington Football Team has only achieved ten wins once since they hired Bruce Allen in 2009. They have won the NFC East twice, once under Mike Shanahan in 2012, and once in 2015 under Mr. Vanilla himself, Jay Gruden. These are Washington’s season stats for the last nine years (Bruce Allen’s tenure as Washington’s GM): a Win-Loss record of 59-84-1, and a point differential of -489 (an average of -54 & 1/3, which is equivalent to losing every game by more than a field goal). For comparison, the Eagles went 78-62-0 with a point differential of + 264, which is an average of about 30 points a year and is equivalent to winning every game by about 2 points. Keep in mind that this period includes the Chip Kelly era, as well as some of Andy Reid’s particularly “meh” seasons (and one really bad one). In addition, they have gone 0-2 in the playoffs, while Philly has gone 4-2. Oh, and they won the Super Bowl.I am sure that many people are asking me, “Robbie, what does any of this have to do with the management? Doesn’t responsibility for this fall on the coaches and the players of the team?” The answer is yes. And no. While these stats reflect the performance of the players and coaches, their performance is a reflection of the Management system. When Bruce Allen was hired in December of 2009, he was given a large portion of control in the front office. The following month, he hired Mike Shanahan as the head coach and Executive Vice President of Football Operations, giving him almost full control over the team. The interesting part about this was that the owner of WASTEAM, Dan Snyder, was not on stage to introduce Mike Shanahan. Instead, he sat in the audience with his wife. This was the first major hire in which he was uninvolved. In under a month, a major shift in the balance had occurred in the Washington Front Office. His tenure was riddled with mediocrity the likes of which Washington has debatably never seen before. Ironically enough, Mike Shanahan did coach the Washington Football Team to its only double-digit season since 2005. After a particularly bad season, Bruce Allen fired Mike Shanahan and reclaimed the title of Executive Vice President of Football Operations. Everything should be just hunky-dory now, right? Well, the same bozo who hired and gave power to Mike Shanahan hired Jay Gruden. While he has yet to be quite as bad as Mike Shanahan, he has yet to produce an awe-inspiring season. Over the last nine years, Washington has had seven first round picks. The first two, Trent Williams and Ryan Kerrigan are excellent. Brandon Scherff is a top ten guard. Da’Ron Payne and Jonathon Allen are promising. However, Washington has made only two attempts at offensive playmakers: RGIII and Josh Doctson. While, as a firm believer in the importance of maintaining strong lines, Washington has done very little to improve the offense early in the draft. So far, they have yet to be successful. RGIII was promising, but then he was injured, and as an inefficient pocket-passer, he lost the starting job to Kurt Cousins (or Kirk Coupons, if you prefer). The other non-line player Washington has drafted is Josh Doctson. If you were to look up “mediocre” in the dictionary Youth Carson Wentz Jerseys , you would see a picture of Doctson. Last season, he produced only 532 yards, which was good for second on the team. Jordan Reed, Washington’s #1 tight end had 558 yards in two fewer games.Since his contributions in 2016 are insignificant, I will focus on his last two seasons. His total yardage was 1034. To put that in perspective, Zach Ertz had 1163 yards last year alone. I wouldn’t consider him a success. I might even consider him a bust. To get back on track, Washington has had a reasonable amount of success in the draft in recent years, but they have struggled to come up with playmakers who will have a significant impact on the team’s direction.At this point, Washington needs a quarterback. They made a splash last year during free agency and acquired Alex Smith, but his injury is so bad that he has already been ruled out for this season, and his future as an NFL player is bleak. To fill the gap at quarterback, Washington signed Case Keenum. Denver signed him last year after he lead the Minnesota Vikings to the NFC Championship game (which they lost 38-7 to Philadelphia), but his season was rather pedestrian. Still, Washington thought that he was their best option at quarterback, and, perhaps foolishly, they look like they are merely waiting for Alex Smith to return. With the quarterback position set for the foreseeable future, at least in the eyes of Washington, they will almost certainly stay away from the best quarterback still on the board at number fifteen overall: Drew Lock. I think that Drew Lock is the best player for them, but I don’t trust Washington’s management enough to actually pick them. Which brings me to my pick. As the title suggests, I have selected D. K. Metcalf with the 15th overall pick.There is no doubt that Washington needs help at Wide Receiver. The following is a chart with Washington’s top receivers last season:Yikes. Washington’s leading receiver in terms of yards, receptions, and targets is Jordan Reed, who tops the list despite having missed three games during the season. If this chart doesn’t scream “not a very talented receiving corps” to you, I don’t know what does. I think it is important to note that Chris Thompson was targeted and received the third-most balls out of the entire team. I would think that there would be at least two receivers ahead of him because, you know, it’s their job. Another important detail is that Adrian Peterson is the only player on this list who played in all sixteen games. At the very least, Washington needs a talented receiver in case, God forbid, Josh Doctson and Jordan Reed or Jamison Crowder were injured on the same day. I think the true weight of these numbers is felt when you compare them to those of Philadelphia.If you treat Jordan Mathews and Golden Tate as the same person, because they were pretty much alternating during the season, all three of Philly’s top receivers outperformed Washington’s players, and rookie tight end Dallas Goedert was not significantly outperformed by Vernon Davis (although Vernon Davis achieved his total with less catches). The running backs held their own, too, considering Corey Clement was injured, Darren Sproles only played 6 games, and Wendell Smallwood is Wendell Smallwood. Washington desperately needs a boost to their receiving corps, and D. K. Metcalf is just the guy to do it.Let’s start with his combine stats. To say D. K. Metcalf is a stellar athlete would be an understatement.The grades speak for themselves. D. K. is an impressive specimen. The primary concern here is his Shuttle and 3 cone scores. The numbers say that he is not very agile, but I don’t think that they tell the whole truth.Here Carson Wentz Jerseys Stitched , he escaped like three tackles and managed to stay in bounds all the way down the sideline for the touchdown. Some of that was just raw speed, but it takes serious shiftiness to have the catch-and-run he has here. Although the combine stats seem to indicate that Metcalf is no more than a “straight line” receiver, I don’t think that’s quite the case either.While it wasn’t the sharpest break out there, it is plenty to get to the next level. The biggest problem I really have with Metcalf is his production.He hasn’t even broken 700 yards yet. However, I don’t think anyone should be concerned about his abilities.When targeted, D. K. Metcalf has been very efficient. His 21.9 yards per reception was second highest in the SEC, and fourth highest in the NCAA. Even the limited playing time is enough for me to say that he is ready to be a talented NFL receiver.Not unlike members of the media, I think an accurate comparison to D. K. Metcalf is Josh Gordon. I’m talking strictly about on-field facets, as I don’t expect Metcalf to experience the same off-field issues that Gordon has. They were both relatively inexperienced coming into the NFL. Like Gordon was, Metcalf must continue to grow as a receiver to become a truly elite receiver. Their upside is their athletic potential. Like Gordon, Metcalf is a big, strong, and speedy receiver. All 32 teams covet that trifecta. If Metcalf can hone his skills, he could become one of the top receivers in the league.Having similar builds, Metcalf’s route tree will likely be very similar to Gordon’s.Roughly sixty percent of Josh Gordon’s routes were Nines, Posts, and Slants. These routes are likely to be the most frequent ones used by Metcalf. They require little refinement in technique, so a physical, speedy receiver such as Metcalf can be plugged into the Washington offense today if need be.Metcalf would be a benefit to almost any team he joined, as he possesses enough skill and natural ability to be an instant playmaker in their offense. I think that Washington could significantly bolster their team by drafting him. As long as Jay Gruden schemes well around him (which is far from uncertain), D. K. could be a star receiver very soon. As an Eagles fan, I would certainly be scared to play him twice every year.To anyone who read the whole thing, thank you for sticking with me鈥eel free to tell me how bad you thought I did. I won’t get offended. We all we got, We all we need, Fly Eagles Fly. (We all we need). The BGN staff makes the pick for the Eagles."With just ONE MORE DAY remaining until the 2019 NFL Draft, here’s a look at what Bleeding Green Nation staff writers think the Philadelphia Eagles SHOULD do with their No. 25 overall pick in the first round.Brandon Lee GowtonThe Eagles should think back to how they won the Super Bowl. You know, when they arguably had the best offensive and defensive lines in the NFL? For as exciting as it is to think about Marquise Brown or Josh Jacobs in Doug Pederson’s offense, the priority should be building through the trenches. I’d be very happy with Christian Wilkins at No. 25 but I don’t think he’ll make it there. The Eagles will probably have to trade up to get him. Even if Wilkins isn’t around, there should be a quality defensive or offensive lineman available at No. 25. Take him and call it a night.Ben NatanMost logical at that pick is dipping into the deep offensive line class. Defensive line reinforcements would be exciting, but a relative luxury considering the team’s immediate need along their offensive trenches. Jason Peters is going into his final year and Brandon Brooks’ future is much in question with injury. Getting guard or tackle help should be imperative.James KeaneIt seems Howie Roseman does this regularly: use free agency to provide flexibility in the draft. The Eagles entered the offseason with a myriad of needs, and Howie addressed many of them. Re-tool the defensive line? Sign Malik Jackson and Vinny Curry. Deep threat WR? Sign DeSean. Release S Chris Maragos? Sign Andrew Sendejo. Solidify the RB position? Trade for Jordan Howard. Lose Nick Foles? Pick up Luis Perez.(Ok, kidding.) Lacking assets? Sure thing: add compensatory picks. What does all of this mean with regard to the number 25 pick? It means the Eagles can do whatever they want based on how the draft unfolds. They can trade up, trade back, or stay put and pick the best player on their board. They really have no excuse to nail this one.Michael Kist Much like last year the Eagles find themselves not needing to reach for a glaring hole in the starting twenty-two. This type of flexibility allows them to consider upgrading replacement-level starters or preempt a need by drafting replacements a year early. It’s impossible to know how the draft will fall and who will be available, but I have a hunch that the Eagles could be eyeing a trade up. IF the right talent begins to tumble into the late teens they’ll be working the phones. If that slide continues, the cost to move up to the early twenties is a modest one. Positions of interest would include a top tier offensive tackles and defensive lineman. That means Christian Wilkins, Brian Burns, Clelin Ferrell, Montez Sweat Shareef Miller Philadelphia Eagles Jerseys , Ed Oliver, Cody Ford, Andre Dillard, Jonah Williams are all names to watch, and rightfully so.Tyler JacksonThe Eagles have put themselves in a position to draft the best player available the last few years, regardless of position. In that position, I anticipate them reinforcing areas that lack depth - the offensive line and defensive tackle. On the offensive line the Eagles no longer have a player like Wiz they can insert when a player goes down with injury and Brandon Brooks is coming off an Achilles injury. Drafting somebody now would shore up depth while giving you the opportunity to groom them for the future. As far as defensive tackle, I think we saw enough Treyvon Hester and Haloti Ngata snaps to see why that’s important.Benjamin SolakThe Eagles should draft a Day 1 contributor -- a high-floor, pro-ready player who is ready to add to a Super Bowl winning roster in 2019. They should look to grab this player at a position of high impact, such as defensive tackle, edge, wide receiver, or safety -- linebacker and running back should not be in consideration. Offensive line is a maybe, given where you think Jason Peters is in his rehab. The Eagles should also acknowledge that the safety and wide receiver depth in this class are such that there’s no need to force a pick on Day 1, and I’d like to see them focus on the defensive line. They should look for a third rusher on the interior -- hopefully a player like Christian Wilkins or Jerry Tillery -- to immediately add to the rotation to keep Fletcher Cox healthy and fresh for the playoffs.Lee SiffordThe Eagles need to make a list of their top 25 most valuable players and stick to it come draft day. If pick 25 comes and there are still 10 names on the list, look for a trade down of up to 10 spots. While this plan is rather foolproof, the tricky part will be comparing the value of an impact day-one-starter to the value of a long-term future starter at an already filled position. Given the abundance of talent on the roster already and the lack of a roster hole at any starting position, the team should not feel inclined to force a pick. It’s easy to just spew out “Best Player Available!” every year, but for some teams, that is not always the case. While I truly believe that the team should focus on the players they value most and not force positions they “need” the most, it would be nice to see the team hone in on the offensive and defensive lines early in this draft. Conversely, if they take a running back or cornerback in the first round, I would not be very pleased. Either way, it’s a relief to know that the wait is almost over.Dave MangelsHowie Roseman can’t say it’s a “historic” draft for defensive linemen when a defensive lineman is a draft need and then not take a defensive lineman. So they’re taking one. And as I’ve said before, I think they will trade up for one. Both Roseman and Douglas’s history says that if they have a guy that they want and can get, they’re going to go get him. So we should see some excitement on Thursday night, even if you’re not seeing Endgame.Alexis ChassenWith the depth of the defensive lineman in this year’s draft class, I don’t think there’s as big of a need to trade up to get one, or even get one in the first round -- especially with two solid Round 2 picks. There was a glaring need for offensive lineman depth at the end of the 2018 season, and with Jason Peters nearing retirement, Brandon Brooks still working back from surgery, and Matt Pryor and Jordan Mailata still developing, taking an offensive talent in the first round, who can contribute right away, or at least be a suitable No. 2 would be ideal. I wouldn’t hate for them to take a defensive lineman at No. 25, since we still don’t know what Chris Long intends to do, and could use a bit more depth on that side of the ball as well. But knowing Howie, he’ll probably go safety just to irritate me.You decide