Colts perspective on Philadelphia’s new d-lineman. | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » CALISIA » Fehler auf der Seite
Mitglied
zhangzk Aug 12 '19

The Philadelphia Eagles acquired 24-year-old defensive tackle Hassan Ridgeway from the Colts over the weekend by sending the No. 246 pick in the 2019 NFL Draft to Indianapolis. In order to get to know more about the Indy’s 2016 fourth-round selection Brandon Graham Jersey , I thought it’d benefit BGN readers to get a Colts perspective on him. I reached out to Brett Mock (@bamock) of Stampede Blue. Here’s what he had to say about Ridgeway.1) Can you sum up Hassan Ridgeway’s Colts career? I saw there was some excitement about him on Stampede Blue last summer.A failure to live up to expectations. It is fair to note that Ridgeway was drafted during the Ryan Grigson era and originally asked to develop into a 3-4 defensive tackle. The excitement last summer was primarily surrounding the idea that Ridgeway may be better suited for a penetrating nose tackle on passing downs or 3-tech on early downs in a 4-3 alignment. He has never been a great run defender and the old system didn’t lend itself to helping him become better at generating pressure. Unfortunately, the scheme change never had the desired effect. He was a rotational lineman at best and couldn’t get traction with the way the Colts want to do things.2) What are his strengths?Frankly, his size and athleticism should project to doing quite well in the right system. His motor tends to run high, though that doesn’t always result in gaining traction.3) What are his weaknesses?An inability to develop from the time he was drafted. Ridgeway was never able to become a focal point on defense and has never been productive enough to get the fans clamoring for more playing time. 4) Ridgeway is probably going to be a fourth or fifth defensive tackle for the Eagles http://www.eagleslockerroom.com/authentic-dallas-goedert-jersey , assuming he even makes the roster. To what extent is that a suitable role for him?He has experience in the NFL. Veteran depth isn’t horrible and interior defensive line depth tends to not be relied upon to play special teams so that doesn’t hurt you either. I think he would likely be best described as an average depth/rotational lineman with the possibility for development with the right coaching and in the right situation. It is more likely he washes out but certainly not more likely than a 7th round pick would have been.5) Anything to know about him off the field?There has never been any mention of character or off-field concerns during his tenure in Indianapolis. His presence off of the field has been about as impactful as his presence on it, so far as I can tell. I imagine he is a very nice and generous person, we just didn’t hear much about it.We wish him the best. We hope he has a long and successful career. He was a part of a very special group last year and it hurts to see any leave under those circumstances.College highlights:Spider graph via Mockdraftable: The Philadelphia Eagles are ready to say goodbye to Nick Foles.Foles, the quarterback who’s heading for free agency Womens Rodney McLeod Jersey , will not get the franchise tag, General Manager Howie Roseman announced today at the Scouting Combine.The Eagles are severely lacking in salary cap space, and franchising Foles would have forced them to make cuts elsewhere. Although that was a viable option if a team had stepped up with a big trade offer, it appears that no team did.Carson Wentz remains the Eagles’ franchise quarterback Alshon Jeffery Jersey , and Philadelphia will hope to get him healthy, protect him well enough to keep him healthy, and find a viable backup to take Foles’ place on the roster.So Foles will hit the market, and we’ll see how much some team is willing to pay for a quarterback who has primarily been a backup — but who has a Pro Bowl season and a Super Bowl MVP on his r茅sum茅.