17-16 win over England and 14-8 loss to Australia.Its a wake-up call to be honest | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
wzh123 Aug 12 '19
FLORHAM PARK, N. Air Max 2019 Uomo .J. -- Leonard Williams wants to chill out a lot more this season.The New York Jets defensive lineman mostly avoided ice baths as a rookie, preferring to pass on the ice cube-filled tubs in which many of his teammates would sit and shiver.These guys, as soon as they would get out of practice, they were getting recovery, Williams said. I was always using the excuse that Im young, so Im going to recover and stuff like that.Oh, those know-it-all youngsters.Williams realized toward the end of a solid rookie year that he, too, could benefit from cold tub therapy. Many athletes use ice baths to help reduce inflammation, prevent muscle stiffness and soreness, and speed recovery after vigorous workouts.The season was long and I started feeling it, and Im starting now, Williams said. Im not going to wait until later when I start to feel it.Williams finished with three sacks and 63 total tackles while starting 15 of 16 games after being selected with the No. 6 overall pick out of Southern California in 2015. The man nicknamed Big Cat with the puffed-out mane made an impact on Todd Bowles defense, teaming with Muhammad Wilkerson, Sheldon Richardson and Damon Harrison to form one of the NFLs most dominant lines.He wasnt satisfied with his promising performance and was intent on being better in his second year. That meant pinpointing some of the things he needed to improve on and taking more naps, getting massages, doing more yoga and simply relaxing when hes not on the field.Just being more professional, Williams said. Taking care of my body, getting in the ice bath and stuff like that. Its a long season that I wasnt used to in college, and I could tell at the end of the season. Just being a more well-rounded player this year.Hes also no longer trying to feel his way through the league and getting adjusted to life as a pro.When youre a rookie and youre a first-rounder, theres so much pressure on you, Williams said. Theres just so much -- a new system, new coaches, a new playbook, new teammates. Now that Ive had a year here and I had a year with the playbook and my teammates and coaches, everythings more comfortable.Another positive for Williams is that hes playing in the same system in consecutive seasons for the first time since high school. At USC, he had different defensive coordinators in each of his three years: Ed Orgeron as a freshman, Clancy Pendergast as a sophomore and Justin Wilcox as a junior.It makes me more comfortable when I know what Im doing out there, Williams said. I dont have to think and I can just fly around.Heading into the draft last year, Williams was considered by many to be the best overall player available. He was a potential No. 1 overall pick, but fell to the Jets at sixth and joined an already stout line.Williams didnt need to be an impact player right away because of the talent around him, but his reputation and lofty draft status had many expecting big things.In the NFL, theres always going to be pressure, Williams said. There are guys getting drafted, guys leaving and guys coming. Youve got to play with that pressure on you all the time. Ive gotten used to that, and as the year went on last year, I kept getting better and better.The Jets defensive line has a slightly different look at nose tackle this season with former Steelers standout Steve McLendon replacing Harrison, who signed with the Giants as a free agent.I love it, Williams said. Hes a physical guy and hes quick off the ball. I can just tell hes that old-school, traditional type of football player. Ive worked well with him so far and Im excited to see where were going to go.Richardson will miss the opener because of an NFL-issued suspension stemming from his arrest during the 2015 offseason, a violation of the leagues personal-conduct policy. Hell be available in Week 2.Wilkerson is back after a contract dispute that potentially could have played out into training camp and beyond. The Jets signed him to a five-year extension and Wilkerson expects to be ready to play in Week 1 of the regular season against Cincinnati as he continues to work his way back from a broken leg suffered in the final game last year.With him, Williams, Richardson and McLendon anchoring the line, the Jets are planning to make things even tougher on opponents up front.We can be very good, Williams said. Were excited to see what type of packages and everything that will be put together when he gets back.---AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and AP NFL Twitter feed: http://twitter.com/AP-NFL Air Max 97 Donna Scontate . The mixed zone is not a place to make friends. Air Max 97 Ultra 17 Nere Argento . Terms of the deal were not immediately available. The 26-year-old finished last season with Clevelands Triple-A affiliate in Columbus after signing with the Indians in August. http:///...00-500-scontate.html .C. -- Al Jefferson joked that he feels he can score from anywhere on the court. The north Canterbury earthquake has impacted personally on several members of the Kiwis team as they prepare for the Four Nations decider.Utility Lewis Brown says Sundays final against Australia was far from the players minds when news arrived of the damaging quake which struck close to midday on Sunday (UKT).The quake hit just before Australia and England met in London, a match which determined whether the Kiwis would qualify for the final in Liverpool.The result went their way when Australia won but Brown revealed a lot of his team didnt watch the game, for various reasons.For some, it was because of the news unfolding at home, with concern over the continuing aftershocks.Obviously its a bit close to home for us, Brown said.The boys are a bit rattled. A few of them are from Wellington and some of them had families evacuated or friends who got evacuated.Brown was born and raised in Christchurch and was quickly on the phone to family members.Relief that nobody was harmed was followed by anguish that his home town is suffering again, nearly six years after the devastating 2011 Christchurch quake. Air Max 97 Prezzi Bassi. .The citys been through a lot, he said.I just want it to give them a break. Everyones wondering when its going to stop.Its not very pleasant seeing things like that happen in your own backyard.Brown is confident the Kiwis can put events at home to one side and focus on how to avoid a fourth loss this year to the unbeaten Kangaroos.The scratchy 18-18 draw with Scotland on Friday compared unfavourably with Australias impressive 36-18 dismantling of the English.Brown says the Kiwis have struggled for consistency at the tournament and the Scottish performance was a step backwards from the opening 17-16 win over England and 14-8 loss to Australia.Its a wake-up call to be honest, maybe a blessing in disguise, he said.We havent had a full 80 minutes of football. We have a lot of calibre in this side and we havent put it together yet.Luckily enough for us, we get another bite at the cherry. But it hasnt been ideal. ' ' '