The team also released offensive lineman Jermey Parnell | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » CALISIA » Fehler auf der Seite
Mitglied
zhangzk Aug 14 '19

The Jacksonville Jaguars cleared $30 million in salary cap space by cutting five veterans Friday Quincy Williams Jersey Color Rush , including former Pro Bowl defenders Malik Jackson and safety Tashaun Gipson. running back Carlos Hyde and long-snapper Carson Tinker.The Jaguars are expected to use the much-needed cap room to sign a quarterback in free agency next week, possibly Nick Foles.Philadelphia opted not to use the franchise tag on Foles, allowing him to hit the open market. He could get a deal worth more than $20 million annually.Foles led the Eagles to four playoff victories over the last two seasons, including the franchise’s first NFL title since 1960. He earned 2018 Super Bowl MVP honors and emerged as the league’s top quarterback commodity.Jacksonville did not part ways with quarterback Blake Bortles, but might do so next week. Cutting Bortles would create another $4.5 million in salary cap space.More Jacksonville Jaguars newsJaguars get help for Nick Foles with signings of WR Chris Conley, RT Cedric OgbuehiIt’s official: Jaguars agree to terms with Super Bowl MVP QB Nick FolesJaguars, guard A.J. Cann agree to terms on 3-year contractJaguars reportedly agree to 4-year, $88 million deal with QB Nick FolesJaguars cut 5 veterans, including defensive lineman Malik Jackson, safety Tashaun GipsonThe Jags saved $11 million by releasing Jackson, a defensive tackle who was due to count $15 million against the cap. They saved $7.45 million by cutting Gipson, a safety who was due to count $9.05 million against the cap. They saved $6 million on Parnell, $4.7 million on Hyde and $860,000 on Tinker.Jacksonville Black Quincy Williams Jersey , however, will have $5.6 million counted against the salary cap from the Jackson and Gipson deals.Jackson and Gipson were productive in Jacksonville, playing in all 48 games during their three seasons.Jackson won a Super Bowl with Denver in 2016 and then signed a six-year, $85.5 million contract with the Jags. The deal included $42 million guaranteed, the richest in franchise history.He notched 105 tackles, 18 sacks, eight pass breakups and four forced fumbles. He came off the bench late last season, a clear indication his future with the franchise was in jeopardy.Gipson signed a five-year, $36 million deal that included $12 million guaranteed. He had 159 tackles, 16 pass breakups and six interceptions in three seasons in Jacksonville.Both players should draw plenty of interest in free agency. Jackson is 29 years old and hasn’t missed a game since his rookie year in 2012. Gipson is 28 and hasn’t missed a game since October 2015.The 32-year-old Parnell was entering the final year of his contract and was due a $1 million roster bonus on March 17.Parnell missed three games because of injuries in each of the last two seasons, and the Jaguars believe they can get equal or better production for less money. And that’s necessary for a team with little cap space and plenty of holes to fill.Parnell started 57 games over four seasons after signing a five-year, $32 million contract in 2015. The deal included $15.5 million guaranteed.Tinker missed 27 of 32 games the last two years because of knee injuries, prompting the team to re-sign veteran snapper Matt Overton.Hyde was a disappointment in Jacksonville, which acquired him from Cleveland last October in exchange for a fifth-round draft pick. The Jaguars had hoped he would fill in for injured starter Leonard Fournette, but Hyde managed just 189 yards in eight games.Fournette Quincy Williams Jacksonville Jaguars Jerseys , Thomas Rawls and second-year pro David Williams are the only running backs remaining on Jacksonville’s roster.The Jags likely will address the position in free agency or the draft, or maybe both.The 28-year-old Hyde should not have a problem finding a home elsewhere. He has 3,300 yards rushing and 26 touchdowns.He signed a three-year, $15.25 million contract with the Browns last March. He became expendable in Cleveland when rookie Nick Chubb started looking like a second-round steal.Hyde was due a $1 million roster bonus on March 15, the same day that $2 million of his base salary would have become guaranteed. The Jaguars have another quarterback divide."WhiteFanposts Fanshots Sections Jaguars Free Agency 2016Jaguars Film RoomNFL DraftJaguars Injury NewsLatest NewsSilver Lining Folesbook?New,111commentsThe Jaguars have another quarterback divide.EDTShareTweetShareShareSilver Lining Folesbook?Do you see it, Nick? Do you see the light at the end of the tunnel? Or is that a train?Chuck Cook-USA TODAY SportsIf reports are true, the Jacksonville Jaguars will be signing Nick Foles to replace Blake Bortles as their starting quarterback. For those of you pining for Blake to backup Foles, the dream has died. Frankly, you confused a dream and a nightmare. Worse for many others, the future led by Ohio State quarterback Dwayne Haskins surely has no place in Jaguars history.No! Do not postulate Foles mentoring Haskins! If there is a universe where the Jaguars sign Foles and draft Haskins, then Rick and Morty is more fact than fiction.Not surprisingly Twitter was the best place to hang out when the news broke. The gap between joy and disdain was wide, and those sides expressed their dissatisfaction with intent and passion. Is Nick Foles the answer to a position mismanaged for close to 20 years? Or is he an impulse buy from a leadership falsely committed to 2017 as the rule and not the exception?At his age, and with his lack of actual starting experience, there is good reason to see this move as desperate. The future is in the draft. Sign Tyrod Taylor and accept your lot in life. On the other hand Jacksonville Jaguars Jerseys 2019 , he suffered under a Jeff Fisher thumb that hampered his progress, and when given the opportunity to lead he brought a trophy to Philadelphia.Where will you sit?Full disclosure, I am indifferent. The argument that 50 million for four years guaranteed is excessive and irresponsible is not contested, but I tend to evaluate the ROI after the performance. By that statement I obviously side with the decision to sign him as reasonable, at least from a talent perspective. This is why I refuse to gnash my teeth and band the drum of doom. Foles is coming, the defense is talented, and if Nick could elevate the Eagles to a Super Bowl win then something is there.But historically, this is what I do. I did it with Blake. I did it with David Garrard. I did it less with Byron Leftwich, but I still did it. When you give me a quarterback I overly support him, and I look for every bit of silver lining I can find.Bortles is the perfect example. He was my guy during the draft, and when the Jaguars grabbed him I was convinced the dark run was over. In the midst of his three years as Garbage Time Blake I pimped every bit of good press I could find, focused on any bit of progress, and hoped the pressure changed the coal. All the while knowing his ceiling was lower than his floor.I will be the fan that grinds on the likes of AIM_HIGH and John Shipley because I am a fan. And I love those two because they balance me out, and I thrive on a counterargument to whatever they throw out. Especially if it can be funny.Sadly, this is our reality. This quarterback divide. This debate that others take much more seriously than I do. The real fear that this team cannot keep the likes of Jalen Ramsey Youth Quincy Williams Jersey , Yannick Ngakoue, and Myles Jack because of the Foles price tag. That the quarterback position will be ignored in the draft once again, and we will be left with another mind boggling quarterback signing. Juxtapose that against the pure optimism that Jacksonville fields an actual winner at the position. Someone who, in spite of his statistics being very close to Blake’s, makes quick decisions, throws a beautiful spiral, and has the leadership qualities to actually elevate those around him.Look for me on the sunny side of life. Doing my best to give you the best Foles possible. Even though I really wanted Haskins, my heart is completely Silver Lining Folesbook until it is not. What do you want? The man beat Tom Brady. He has solid hands lining up in the slot. He is Tim Tebow with a tight spiral. More to come. Why overreact before you even know what weapons Foles will have?Here is our world. From what precipice will we view it? No one wants to be here, especially after being minutes from a Super Bowl, but 2018 happened. The reality is overpaying for a quarterback, and then dealing with this existential crisis of an unknowing and unforgiving team, all we can do is make a choice. As a fan base, we are once again pitted against each other with respect to our signal caller. You will either need a sense of humor or thick skin. Or both.