Eagles General Manager Howie Roseman is of the same mind. | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » CALISIA » Fehler auf der Seite
Mitglied
zhangzk Aug 16 '19

Last month Eagles owner Jeffrey Lurie identified the Eagles’ approach to the draft as trying to add volume Womens Chris Long Jersey , rather than targeting one elite player at a position of need. Roseman said today that he’s all about adding depth in the draft and getting as many players as possible.“Try to accumulate a lot of good players,” Roseman said. “There are a lot of good players on both sides of the ball.”Although a franchise quarterback is an obvious exception, and the Eagles don’t regret trading up for Carson Wentz, generally speaking, Roseman said he has made mistakes in the past when targeting one specific player, and he now believes that it’s more about getting several players — perhaps at positions that aren’t needs now, but might be in a year or two.“I’ve been humbled in the past by some of the mistakes I’ve made Wendell Smallwood Jersey ,” Roseman said. “We don’t know what we’re going to need a year from now, two years from now, and we’re trying to get long-term players on our team.”Roseman sounds like he’s more interested in trading down for more picks than in trading up for one specific player. It’s a smart strategy, one that has helped Roseman build one of the NFL’s best rosters. Hello, Bye Weekers.The Philadelphia Eagles aren’t playing a game this Sunday, and we’re also conveniently situated at the halfway point of the 2018 season. So it’s a perfect time to do some mid-year evaluations. The guys at BGN Radio already tackled the topic on-air, but here http://www.eagleslockerroom.com/authentic-chris-maragos-jersey , I wanted to take a different, slightly looser approach to judging which Birds did the best through eight games of the team’s title defense.If you’re around here during the season, you may be familiar with the day-after, 60-second recaps I’ve been doing each week — short-and-sweet summaries of every Eagles game, with three Eagles MVPs named after each Sunday.Just for the fun of it, and also because we’re at the midway point, I thought it’d be interesting to review all eight of the 60-second recaps thus far and see which Eagles players were mentioned the most within them. This is an entirely subjective and unscientific way of identifying the team’s best and worst players of 2018 at mid-season Womens Darren Sproles Jersey , but it at least offers a picture of which players have seemingly been most deserving of praise or criticism on a week-to-week basis.So here’s what I’ve done:In reviewing all eight game recaps, I’ve given a player one (1) “point” for every “positive” mention of something they did (like a big catch or sack) and subtracted one (1) point for every “negative” mention (like a fumble or poor blocking).If a player was named one of the three Eagles MVPs from that week, they were given an additional four (4) points. (So, for example, if Carson Wentz gets a point for a positive mention but also was named MVP for the week, he finishes with five points for that game.)Is this grading system arbitrary? No. It’s exceedingly arbitrary, because not only am I awarding points how I see fit; I’m also awarding points based off recaps I wrote. There are also some obvious pitfalls: Offensive linemen Jay Ajayi Jersey , by nature of their position, are underrepresented and get mentioned mostly if they fail; and a player having one MVP performance can misconstrue their value over an eight-game sample size.So was this a waste of time? Maybe. But it was also kind of fun. And in a world where we talk stats and analytics and all that stuff all the time, it’s also interesting just to see how one much — or how little — one observer has noticed Eagles players over the course of the year.Without further ado, with player mentions gathered from our eight 60-second recaps, I present the Positive Prominence Scale for Eagles halfway through 2018:Note: Total number of positive mentions in parentheses. Asterisks indicate weekly MVP honors.QB Carson Wentz (24)****TE Zach Ertz (22)****WR Alshon Jeffery (15)***DT Fletcher Cox (11)**RB Wendell Smallwood (7)*S Malcolm Jenkins (6)*WR Nelson Agholor (6)*DE Chris Long (6)*WR Jordan Matthews (6)*S Avonte Maddox (6)*MLB Jordan Hicks (5)*DE Derek Barnett (5)*CB Ronald Darby (4)*DE Brandon Graham (4)*DE Michael Bennett (3)RB Corey Clement (3)TE Dallas Goedert (3)WR DeAndre Carter (2)RB Josh Adams (2)CB Rasul Douglas (1)RB Darren Sproles (1)RB Jay Ajayi (1)K Jake Elliott (1)QB Nick Foles (1)P Cameron Johnston (1)LB Kamu Grugier-Hill (1)OT Lane Johnson (-1)CB Jalen Mills (-2)Some personal takeaways:The top four really do seem about right to me. I think you could make an argument Ertz has been even better than Wentz in terms of consistency, but aside from Carson’s last-second drive against Carolina, he’s been pretty darn good.One thing I’d change http://www.eagleslockerroom.com/authentic-jason-kelce-jersey , if I could: Graham had an MVP to his name from the Vikings game, which boosted him above Bennett, but I’d say the latter has probably done a little more.I really like the Darby positioning. He seems right where he belongs — not overly dominant but also not quite as horrendous as people were making him out to be at one point.I anticipate that Smallwood’s rank will be picked apart the most. One thing I guess I’d say: It’s almost as if his usage has resulted in more positive mention than his actual talent, if that makes any sense. Still, he has had quite a role thus far.