eir rivals, including 5-4 vs. the Nationals. ... Phillies 1B Ryan Howard had surgery o | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
jcy123 Aug 31 '19
                                      DENVER -- Von Millers two sack-strips of Cam Newton in Super Bowl 50 were just the start of his torment of Carolinas quarterback. Marc Gasol Jersey .Denvers star linebacker made the NFL MVP the butt of his jokes on SNL and trolled him on Instagram, saying it was all in good fun.On Saturday Night Live six days after he was voted MVP of the Super Bowl, Miller discussed the discovery of gravitational waves first postulated by Albert Einstein a century earlier by declaring: These waves are everywhere in the universe -- just like Im everywhere when Cam Newton closes his eyes.When Newton posted a picture of himself playing water polo with the U.S. national team in April, Miller photo-shopped himself in knocking yet another ball out of the QBs right hand.Although theyre more associates than amigos, Miller said his teasing and tweaking of Newton were actually measures of the respect he has for the man he calls the best player in the league.If I had sons that wanted to play quarterback, I would point them in the direction of Cam Newton and Peyton Manning, Miller said. I think thats where all the poking and fun comes for me is because I really do admire him and really respect him at the end of the day.That reverence is mutual, Newton said.Great player. Ninety-nine on Madden, said Newton, who added that Miller is a great and exceptional talent, one of the great players in this NFL by far.Newton, who faces his nemesis again Thursday night in the 2016 NFL kickoff in Denver, swears he didnt mind Miller rubbing it in after denying him the Lombardi Trophy.No, it doesnt bother me at all, Newton insisted. Hes a great player and with his elite ability, it gives him the right to do that.Newton spent much of his offseason adjusting to becoming a father and working on a Nickelodeon TV show for kids called All In With Cam Newton.But escaping the Super Bowl loss wasnt easy. Miller was everywhere.His cross-country victory lap included four dozen national TV appearances. Manning called it Millers world celebrity tour, a six-month jet-setting junket of television and dance studios, A-list parties and B-roll appearances.Surely, Newton was pained to see all that whimsicality at his expense.No, sir, Newton said matter of factly.Still, like the Super Bowl, its something Newton clearly doesnt want to talk about anymore.Im so focused on the future as far as leading up to our game on Thursday, I cant even look back or dwell on the past, Newton said.Miller isnt going down memory lane this week, either.Last year is last year, he said. We really dont talk too much about the Super Bowl. We dont want the success from last year to make us lackadaisical or to have us not prepared, or to come into this game without having our guard up. We know exactly what type of team the Carolina Panthers are.Newton, the No. 1 overall pick in the exalted 2011 draft class, is 0-2 against Miller, the second selection.When they first faced each other in 2012, Miller had a half-dozen tackles and a sack in Denvers 36-14 win at Carolina, where he imitated Newtons Superman celebration after taking him down.In the Super Bowl, Miller had six tackles and 2+ sacks, forced two fumbles and broke up a pass.Newtons 60 minutes of frustration on the field spilled over to his post-game interview when he answered questions with terse, short responses while slumped behind a podium with a hoodie covering most of his face. After three minutes he abruptly got up and walked off, drawing the ire of some other athletes who criticized his antics.Miller was voted the games MVP and quickly embarked on an offseason that transformed him from NFL superstar to mainstream celebrity. He signed the biggest contract ever for a non-quarterback : $114.5 million over six years, including $70 million in guarantees.That came roughly a year after Newton set the standard for franchise QBs with his five-year, $103 million deal, with $60 million guaranteed.Once the schedule came out featuring the Super Bowl participants kicking off the 2016 season, Newton responded to Millers Instagram jab by replying: Thought this was cute Von Miller. Lookin lookin lookin . lookin for revenge. Sept. 8.He included the hashtags All respect to you my killa, and I know you will be ready, we will too.---AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and AP NFL Twitter feed: www.twitter.com/AP-NFL---AP Sports Writer Steve Reed contributed from Charlotte, North Carolina. Follow AP Pro Football Writer Arnie Melendrez Stapleton on Twitter: http://twitter.com/arniestapleton Pascal Siakam Jersey . Burke is expected to miss two to three months after breaking a finger in the teams third preseason game. Tinsley, a 10-year veteran, spent the last two seasons in Utah, where the point guard averaged 3. Norman Powell Raptors Jersey .ca. Hey Kerry, big fan of yours, just finished reading your book. I think that we all saw the Canucks/Flames line brawl just after puck drop. It was obvious that something was about to happen, even to the referees because the fourth lines were on to start. http://www.nbaraptorsonline.com/Authentic-Patrick-McCaw-Jersey/ . That left plenty of energy for pitching books and swatting away free agency questions. Anthony had 24 points and nine rebounds, and the Knicks avenged an embarrassing home loss with a rout of their own, beating the Boston Celtics 114-88 on Wednesday night for their third straight victory. PHILADELPHIA -- Gio Gonzalez is now getting results to match his fine performances. Gonzalez tossed seven sharp innings, the Nationals hit a pair of consecutive homers off Cliff Lee and Washington beat the Philadelphia Phillies 5-1 Wednesday night. Anthony Rendon and Wilson Ramos hit back-to-back shots off Lee to start the fifth and Ryan Zimmerman and Jayson Werth did it to open the sixth. Gonzalez (7-3) gave up one run and six hits, striking out five to win his fourth straight start. The lefty has eight quality starts in a row. "I got in a couple jams against a good-hitting team, but the defence came through with some double plays," Gonzalez said. Before his winning streak began on June 25, Gonzalez had been winless in eight previous starts despite posting a 2.18 ERA in that span. He hasnt changed anything. Only now, the Ws are piling up like last year when Gonzalez was 21-8. "I have the same focus and trying to attack the strike zone," he said. Lee (10-3) had allowed nine homers in his first 135 2-3 innings this year before yielding four in a span of eight batters. "All four I felt were good pitches," Lee said. "When its hot here, the ball carries. I got to do a better job inducing ground balls." Darin Ruf hit a solo shot for the Phillies, who failed to reach .500 for the first time since June 7. Lee allowed four runs and nine hits in seven innings. The All-Star lefty gave up multiple homers in a game once before this season in a 4-2 win over Washington on June 18. "He throws a lot of strikes so you have to be aggressive early," Ramos said. "He throws strikes so you dont have to wait for one pitch to hit." Lee threw just 76 pitches, 64 of wwhich were strikes. Patrick McCaw Jersey. "Sometimes when hes like that, nobody hits him," Phillies manager Charlie Manuel said. "His stuff was good. They got four balls airborne and they went out of the yard." The defending NL East champion Nationals, who moved within five games of first-place Atlanta, lost the first two of this four-game set against Philadelphia. The Phillies are 2 1/2 behind Washington. Rendon lined an 0-2 pitch to left to give the Nationals a 1-0 lead in the fifth. Ramos followed with an opposite-field shot to right. Zimmerman connected on an 0-2 pitch in the sixth, hitting a towering drive to left-centre. Werth followed with a shot to left. "This park should make you more aggressive," Nats manager Davey Johnson said. "Lee likes to throw the cutter. We were ready for it." Ruf hit an opposite-field drive to right with two outs in the seventh for his first with the Phillies this season. Ruf had 38 homers at Double-A Reading last year and three more in a brief stint in Philadelphia. NOTES: The Nationals have hit back-to-back homers six times this season. ... Zimmerman was 4 for 23 with seven strikeouts against Lee before going deep. ... Washington is 42-10 when scoring more than three runs. ... Lee has allowed more than three runs in consecutive starts after doing it twice in his first 17 starts. ... The Phillies had won 10 of their previous 14 against the division. Theyre an NL East-best 23-14 against their rivals, including 5-4 vs. the Nationals. ... Phillies 1B Ryan Howard had surgery on his left knee and will miss six to eight weeks. ... All-Star Jordan Zimmermann (12-3, 2.57) opposes Philadelphias Kyle Kendrick (7-6, 3.90) in the series finale Thursday night. ' ' '