ace a sporting culture. How the relevant b | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
jcy123 Sep 6 '19
Adelaide United defender Tarek Elrich has mounted a spirited defence of coach Guillermo Amor after the extension of the Spaniards A-League touchline ban to a second game. Lucas Digne Jersey .FFAs independent disciplinary and ethics committee handed down its decision on Wednesday, two days after hearing Amors explanation for touching fourth official Adam Fielding following a controversial decision during the Reds round-seven 3-1 loss to Perth.Last seasons A-League coach of the year was visibly frustrated after referee Jarred Gillett awarded Andy Keoghs 68th-minute goal straight after Glory captain Rostyn Griffiths was perceived to have fouled Reds goalkeeper Eugene Galekovic.Amors subsequent contact with Fielding prompted Gillett to banish him to the stands at nib Stadium.The usually placid Barcelona legend served his mandatory one-match ban in last weekends goalless draw with Sydney FC, but will also miss Sundays home clash with Wellington.Hes been hit as well with a suspended two-match ban which will be activated in the event of another expulsion this season.The committee has zero tolerance for intentional contact with a referee or other match official, the determination read.In this case, the committee finds there was contact of a kind which should not have occurred.With no video evidence or witnesses available, testimonies from each of the protagonists were key in deciding Amors punishment.Fielding submitted a report stating sufficient to make me take a step forward.At his hearing on Monday night, Amor strongly denied pushing Fielding, arguing he merely touched him to gain his attention so he could alert Gillett to the apparent error.Nevertheless, the committee found the contact was more than a tap on the shoulder.Mr Amor frankly conceded that he is not in a position to deny that he may have used two hands and that he may have placed them on the back of the fourth official, said the determination.The ruling surprised Elrich, who observed Amor was not usually an animated sideline figure.That game especially, that foul against Eugene, any coach would have got angry in that instance, Elrich said.For him to lose it, I have never seen it ... I was pretty surprised he got sent off because Ive seen coaches go off to the fourth officials and nothing happens.Elrich put his faith in assistant Pau Marti to guide the Reds against the Phoenix on Sunday, when the defending champions hope to turn last weekends morale-boosting display into a first win of the season.Everyone is on the same page - the coach and players, he said.Pau does exactly as Guillermo would have done. Dimitri Payet Jersey .5 seconds to play in the game, Kevin Love never stopped believing that they would come out of there with a win. Moussa Sissoko Jersey . Jon Montgomerys gold medal in skeleton at the Whistler Sliding Centre and his subsequent auctioning off of a pitcher of beer in the village square elevated him to folk-hero status. http://www.nationalfrancesoccer.com/jeremy-mathieu-france-jersey/ . William Carrier opened the scoring for Cape Breton (6-4-2), but Andrew Ryan tied the game and Brent Andrews put the Mooseheads (8-6-0) in front for good with a short-handed goal at 13:49 of the second period. Indias top-ranked golfer Anirban Lahiri has urged Indian sports authorities to concentrate on developing a sports culture and introspect on how to improve upon their performances at the Olympics.Lahiri, who was part of Indias three-member Olympic contingent for golf as the sport returned to the quadrennial event after a 112-year gap, finished in 57th position at the Games, and has since been taking a breather from the game to tend to a shoulder injury.It felt good to be part of an event that was so different from what we do day in and day out. I thoroughly enjoyed it, Lahiri told ESPN. Like any sports lover, it was disappointing to see some of the things from an organisational perspective.In an interview to Firstpost shortly after the Olympics, Lahiri had expressed disappointment at the officials associated with running sports bodies in India. He had likened the journey of any Indian sportsperson at the Olympics with taking a cycle while going to a motor race. He had cited personal experiences such as having to take a taxi from the airport to the Games village and then waiting two hours before being allowed entry, and the fact that the golfers were denied any support staff outside of their respective caddies, besides getting basic clothing equipment without any sweaters or rain wear to cope with the weather conditions in Rio.I am obviously not experienced in dealing with associations, but all I did was I called a spade a spade, said Lahiri. I think what other sportspersons and I have been saying for several years now is that theree has to be a greater focus on developing a sports culture within India. Jeremy Mathieu France Jersey. This is the underlying factor behind our performances at the Olympics, and that message I fear is getting lost in the chaotic outcry of Rio.Lahiri, who had won silver in the team event of the 2006 Asian Games in Doha as an amateur, also stressed the importance of making sports an integral part of school curriculum, while hoping that Indians take a greater liking to sports outside of cricket.More people need to realise that it is healthy to play sport. It has a positive impact on mind and body to be playing sport at an older age, and by that I mean late teens, said Lahiri. We have to evolve beyond the culture where I keep getting asked, Aaj kal kya karte ho? Golf khelte ho, woh sab toh theek hai, lekin aur kya karte ho (What do you do for a living, besides playing golf?)Lahiri is hopeful that the sports federations and government agencies can create a vision for the longer term.As a golfer, Im in the sport where were least involved in this entire process. I would wish them the very best of luck, said Lahiri. I must say the vision has to be over a 20-year period, and not just restricted to Tokyo [the venue for the 2020 Olympics].The main issue is of getting India to embrace a sporting culture. How the relevant bodies tackle this will have an impact on whether we focus on developing sports or winning medals, Lahiri said. ' ' '