approach.Its just whats remarkable, and iapproach.Its just whats remarkable, and i | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
q123 Sep 6 '19
OCEANPORT, N. Gabriel Jersey .J. -- Kentucky Derby winner Nyquist wasnt on his game for the $1 million Haskell Invitational. Preakness winner Exaggerator was.Charging into the lead over a sloppy track, Exaggerator pulled off another victory over Nyquist and staked his claim as the leading 3-year-old colt in the country.Were just so proud of him, trainer Keith Desormeauxs assistant Julie Clark said. There was such anxiety as they came around the turn. To see him accelerate and pull away was awesome.Ten weeks ago in the slop at the Preakness, Exaggerator handed Nyquist his first loss and ended any chance of a Triple Crown repeat. Now, Nyquist has lost two in a row after winning his first eight races, and Exaggerator atoned for an 11th-place finish in the Belmont Stakes.The race was great, perfect, but we were a little off today, Nyquists jockey Mario Gutierrez said.On a rainy, muggy day at Monmouth Park. Exaggerator made his usual late run after starting way behind the rest of the six-horse field. So far back, jockey Kent Desormeaux figured hed better get moving sooner than later.I bet my brother was in shock asking where the hell is he going? the Hall of Fame rider said about Keith, who was not at the Jersey shore track for the race. The fact of the matter Keith, I wasnt going anywhere. He was effortlessly galloping and reeling them in. He proved it down the lane. He just exploded.Exaggerator won by 1 1/2 lengths for his sixth victory in 13 starts. American Freedom finished second, with Sunny Ridge third and Nyquist fourth. Gun Runner was fifth, followed by Awesome Slew.The winning time for the 1 1/8 miles was 1:48.70.Exaggerator could be headed next to the Travers at Saratoga on Aug, 27, with the goal of the $6 million Breeders Cup Classic at Del Mar on Nov. 5. The win earned Exaggerator an automatic berth to the Classic. Nyquist is headed back home to California to regroup, trainer Doug ONeill said.Sent off as the 5-2 second choice behind even-money favorite Nyquist, Exaggerator returned $7.20, $4 and $3. American Freedom, trained by eight-time Haskell winner Bob Baffert, returned $5.20 and $3.60. Sunny Ridge paid $5 to show.A year ago, American Pharoah made a triumphant return in the Haskell after becoming the first Triple Crown winner in 37 years. A record crowd of more than 60,000 showed up on a gorgeous summer day.The vibe was far from the same on Sunday, but a Derby winner vs. Preakness winner still drew a crowd of 30,587.There was a foul claim by American Freedom jockey Rafael Bejarano against Exaggerator for crowding in the stretch, but the finish stood after a brief review by racing stewards.When he came around the turn, he crossed me a couple of times, a disappointed Bejarano said. I had to change my course in the stretch and then let him run again.The decision to run Exaggerator in the Haskell was a bit surprising. The 3-year-old colt was training in Saratoga for the Jim Dandy, which was run Saturday. But after a subpar workout, Keith Desormeaux had a change of heart. And Exaggerator was Jersey-bound.He certainly likes the sloppy going, Clark said. Hes proven himself. Now we have to prove him on a fast track.Exaggerator earned $600,000 and boosted his earnings to $3,571,120. Willian Jersey .com) - Richie Incognito has reportedly been admitted to a psychiatric care unit in Arizona. Rafinha Brazil Jersey .C. United of Major League Soccer. United chose the defender in the second round of the 2013 MLS re-entry draft. http:///...Copa-America-Jersey/ . -- Gus Malzahn finally had his day in Fayetteville. FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady said he feels like he is in a good place with a week to go in his four-game NFL suspension and added that one of the biggest areas of concern for him when he returns to the team Oct. 3 is getting his timing back.I dont think there is any benefit to watching the team play these games from a football standpoint, because it takes time to get the timing and the practice reps, Brady said during his weekly interview on Westwood One Radio when asked whether there has been any upside to serving the suspension stemming from Deflategate.Im trying to do the best I can to stay in shape and to keep the timing, and to really stay football ready. Im hoping our team has a great week of preparation and can get to 4-0, and then Ill have an opportunity to be back next Monday, and Im going to work as hard as I can to be ready to go for that week. Its a big week for me, and its a big week for our team. Every week is a big week in the NFL, but not having been out there for four weeks, there is a lot of makeup time Im going to need and the chance to be on the field with my teammates to see what kind of rhythm I can find in a short week of practice.Brady was asked by host Jim Gray how he can possibly make up the time away from the game.I dont think you can, he answered. I do admire some guys, like [Patriots receiver] Danny Amendola. He didnt practice at all in training camp and he goes out there and the first week of the year [and] has a great game. The second week of the year, he has two touchdown catches. Ive played with a lot of teammates who have been off for extended periods of time and it looks like theyre flipping the switch, but I think for me, thats not the way I really prepare. I like to take every rep in practice. I like to practice every day.Ive been able to be very healthy over the course of my career, and I think that has really helped me, and Im going to need to find that rhythm back. Its going to take some work and some time. Like I said before, thats some uncharted territory, too.Bradyy then turned the focus to Sundays home game against the Buffalo Bills, saying, Its always a tough opponent for our team. Marcelo Grohe Jersey. Hopefully we can get to 4-0; thats what I would love to see showing back up next Monday morning in the football building.Looking back, Brady called the teams 27-0 victory over the Houston Texans on Thursday inspiring to watch.It certainly doesnt surprise me the way the team has performed and what they did on Thursday night, because theyre always so well prepared and they take advantage of short weeks, he said on the program. I was so happy to see them come out and play as well as they did. They played well in every area of the game. It really took contributions from all three units.Its tough to play on those short weeks -- your body obviously feels different than having seven days to play between games, but to see the team come out and rally against a really good Houston team was inspiring to watch. It was a great way to get to 3-0.Brady also lauded coach Bill Belichick. Asked whether he thought Belichick is the best coach in the history of the NFL, he said, Yeah, I definitely think so.I think whatever hand hes been dealt, he finds a way to win, Brady said. Thats the mark of a great coach. Sitting in those meetings for the last 16 years and watching him prepare the team, theres no [other] coach Id ever want to play for. Hes just remarkable in every aspect. Its a privilege to play for him. I look forward to being back out there and getting yelled at by him.Brady cited Belichicks consistency as something that stands out in his approach.Its just whats remarkable, and its so much of what you dont see on these Sunday afternoons, Brady said.In addition, Brady confirmed he spent the weekend in Italy with his wife, Gisele Bundchen.We had a great time. It was a great chance to get away, he said. Ive never had an opportunity in September. Hopefully I dont have one for a very, very long time. ' ' '