e, its as simple as that, he said.Everyone else can contribute along the way but | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
jcy123 Sep 8 '19
Wasps Director of Rugby Dai Young says he would not pick compatriot Gareth Bale for his team if he had the chance and would instead pick Olympics legend Chris Hoy. Greg Garcia Jersey .Young, who made 51 appearances for Wales as a player between 1987 and 2001, was asked which athlete he would sign if he could take on anyone from the world of sport.Hed be great but obviously being Welsh hes not going to be much good at rugby. He spent all the time he did playing football, he said.Coming from Wales he must have had a dabble with rugby, but from a financial point of view he chose the right game!Bale is currently competing with Antoine Griezmann and Cristiano Ronaldo for the 2015/16 UEFA Best Player in Europe award, with the winner announced later on Thursday.The Real Madrid forward is one of the most decorated players in Welsh football history, with a Champions League to his name and leading the Dragons to a European Championship semifinal in 2016.Despite this, Young says that he would target Scotsman and former Team GB cyclist Hoy, who won six golds and a silver in his Olympic career that spanned from Sydney in 2000 to London in 2012.Weve all got our heroes but someone like Chris Hoy would be great, he said. These are the people that I really enjoy listening to because they have really gone that extra mile. Some rugby players could learn from these fantastic individual athletes.Weve got enough heroes [in Britain] and just had an amazing Olympics. They could pass a lot on to my players and could teach them what it really means to be the best.Meanwhile, Bale is trying to become only the sixth footballer to win the Champions League in his hometown, after it was announce that the 2017 final will be held at the Millennium Stadium in Cardiff.Young also has an affiliation with the Welsh capital, the Wasps boss played for Cardiff Blues between 2003 and 2011.Wasps will be trying to top their impressive third place finish in the Aviva Premiership last term, with the 2016/17 season kicking off on Sept. 2.They face last seasons runners-up Exeter Chiefs at Sandy Park. Dave Winfield Jersey . Once again Jordan Cieciwa (@FitCityJordan) and I (@LynchOnSports) go head to head in our picks. Last weekend at UFC Fight Night 32 my #TeamLynch got the best of #TeamJC by a score of 9-6. Let us know which side youre on for UFC 167 use the hashtag #TeamLynch or #TeamJC on Twitter. Craig Stammen Padres Jersey . How great will be revealed in the next couple of days at the board of governors meeting in Pebble Beach, Calif. http://www.padressale.com/padres-tony-gwynn-jersey/ . Badenhop was 2-3 with a 3.47 ERA in 63 relief appearances for Milwaukee this season. He is 18-20 in his career with three saves and a 3.After 59 games and almost two months of action, the IPL reaches a climax on Sunday when Royal Challengers Bangalore take on Sunrisers Hyderabad in the final. With the match taking place at their own M. Chinnaswamy Stadium, RCB go in as overwhelming favourites - according to two legends of cricket.Shane Warne and Shaun Pollock will be in Sky Studios for the game, live on Sky Sports 5 from 3pm, and both are struggling to see beyond a Bangalore triumph on home soil. Its a massive boost playing at home and Bangalore have got an absolute furnace down there, Warne told Sky Sports. Its like a fortress. Its very hard for anyone to compete against them and they know the conditions.Theyre going to be fresh, theyve found form at the right time - theyve won five in a row and seven out of eight - Virat Kohlis is on fire, AB de Villiers is on fire now, too, and I cant see anyone challenging RCB at home.Pollock concurs and believes that the team has improved as a unit with each player now understanding their role in the side. De Villiers unbeaten 79 powered Bangalore past Gujarat and into the final I would agree with Warney that RCB are the champions to be, everything is running for them, said the former South Africa all-rounder.Theyve won from strong positions, theyve won from weak positions, and bowlers Yuzvendra Chahal and Shane Watson are fighting for the purple cap.Everyone has found their place and it is clicking together for them. Guys have figured out the roles they can play and theyve grown in confidence.Also, as a bowling unit, when you believe youve got such a strong batting line-up you start to think that you dont actually have to do an amazing job because youve got the strength with the bat to take you through anyway! Virat Kohli is 81 runs shy of 1,000 in this seasons IPL With the likes of De Villiers, Chris Gayle and Watson in their ranks, RCB do not lack for star quality, but one man in particular has shone brightly.Kohli has been fantastic, says Warne. De Villiers, Watson, Gayle, theyve all been fantastic, too, but Kohli has been something special.Indeed, the Indian batsman could finish the tournament with more than 1,000 runs having scored four centuries and six fifties already in this years IPL - another 81 would see him reach the milestone and the Sunrisers need to find a way to nullify him.I think for the Sunrisers, the key is to come up with some plans for the first six overs where they can hopefully pick two wickets up - one of De Villiers and Kohli and the other one, obviously, Gayle, added Pollock. If they dont make early inroads I dont see them having much of a chance. David Warner hit an unbeaten 93 as Sunrisers Hyderabad beat Gujarat Lions David Warner has been the main man for the Sunrisers, scoring a remarkable 779 runs so far, and has also captained the side superbly to reach the final. Manuel Margot Jersey. Hes done well, hes got a lot of imagination, Warne said of his countryman. I think hes had a fantastic tournament, unbelievable numbers and led from the front. Hes a dangerous player and hes captained the side very well.Pollock believes that for Sunrisers to stand a chance they will need something special from one of their big names with a good all-round team effort unlikely to be enough to see them crowned champions. Warne was full of praise for fellow Australian David Warner as he inspired Sunrisers into Sundays showpiece I think the key is that the Sunrisers have got potential match-winners and it will have to be one of those guys having a blinder, explained Pollock.Youd often say that if as a team everyone is contributing then you can compete, I dont believe they can. They need someone to have one of the best days of their life.For example, Warner has to have an absolute blinder. I think they need to do everything well and have one guy have an awesome game. Warner has to have an absolute blinder. I think they need to do everything well and have one guy have an awesome game. Shaun Pollock on Sunrisers As a serial winner in his playing days, Warne knows what it takes to triumph when it really matters and believes that, ultimately, it is up to the big players to perform on the big occasion.To win finals and win tournaments your best players, your biggest players, your big stars have to stand up and win you the game, its as simple as that, he said.Everyone else can contribute along the way but your big players - thats why you pay them the big bucks because you know theyll deliver under pressure.Thats how you put your team together and then you know when you get to the final, one of your big stars will have a day out.Watch the IPL final between Royal Challengers Bangalore and Sunrisers Hyderabad from 3pm, Sunday, Sky Sports 5. Also See: Highlights: De Villiers hits RCB into final Highlights: Warner stars for Sunrisers Get Sky Sports Sky Cricket on Twitter ' ' '