just gives teams more room to operate and | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
jcy123 Sep 9 '19
LEXINGTON, Ky. Mamadou Sakho France Jersey . -- Fresh off its 87-64 season-opening victory over Stephen F. Austin on Friday, Kentucky returns to action just two days later when Canisius visits Rupp Arena.Coach John Calipari is excited for Sundays game because he anticipates a completely different test than the one presented by Stephen F. Austin first-year coach Kyle Keller.I dont think Canisius will play that type of man-to-man, which makes you play a little different, Calipari said. That team denies wings. Kyle has them denying passes, denying wings, which could lead to turnovers.What they do is they disrupt your offense, they take you out of what you want to do and make you play one-on-one. The issue is were pretty good at playing one-on-one, Calipari said. Canisius, I dont know. But Im glad they played us some zone. We got the ball right where we wanted it, we didnt make the plays, but well watch the tape and show them what was there.Canisius was only 14-19 last season, its 12th losing season since the turn of the century. The Griffins have not won an MAAC regular season title since 1994, and its last trip to the NCAA Tournament came in 1996.The Griffins are led by Phil Valenti, the top returner in points (14.6), rebounds (6.1) and assists (2.1). The 6-foot-7, 200-pound senior started all 33 games last year. He topped double figures scoring 24 times, including a career-best 33 in a MAAC Tournament win over Niagara. Valenti needs 122 points this year to top 1,000 for his career.Canisius also returns 6-3 junior guard Kassius Robertson, who also started all 33 games. He averaged 14.1 points per game while attempting the most field goals at 213. Next closest was 127.Kentucky will be coming into the game after beating Stephen F. Austin by 23 points. It was a debut in which the Wildcats put five players into double figures -- Isaiah Briscoe, 17; Derek Willis, 15; DeAaron Fox, 12; Malik Monk and Wenyen Gabriel, 10.What I like is five guys in double figures and the other two with nine and eight. That is how we play here, Calipari said. Now you say, well, theyre all McDonalds All-Americans, they scored 30 points a game in high school. Yeah, youre not playing that way here.When Kentucky takes the court on Sunday, Calipari will be looking for continued improvement of a simple game plan.I dont want to put any more in right now, Calipari said. Lets just get good at what we are. We only have a few things, you saw us, Im not out there running 17 different offenses, were just not ready for that. Im more concerned about defense and rebounding and blocking shots.One word of caution for Kentucky: Beat Canisius in regulation. The Golden Griffins outscored opponents last year 21-4 during the third overtime period.Kentuckys game with Canisius will be the final tune-up before a nationally televised battle on Wednesday against Michigan State in the Champions Classic at Madison Square Garden in New York.Michigan State just lost. So what were going to be playing a mean dog up in New York, Calipari said. So these three games to start off the year when were a bunch of freshmen, its going to be a rough go. Anthony Martial Jersey . Ronaldo produced a spectacular individual performance on Tuesday, scoring all three goals and guiding Portugal into the next years World Cup in Brazil with a 3-2 victory in Sweden. The Real Madrid forward has scored 66 goals in 2013, but the last three may be the boost he needs to upstage Messi after FIFA unexpectedly extended the voting period for the Ballon dOr to Nov. Patrice Evra Jersey . What general manager Dave Nonis called "short and productive" negotiations ended with Kessel signing a US$64-million, eight-year contract on Tuesday. http://www.nationalfrancesoccer.com/lassana-diarra-france-jersey/ . Shot outdoors against the stunning backdrop of Banff, Alta., the networks 30-minute original production airs tonight at 8pm et/5pm pt on TSN2. The four All-Star teams will play for $100,000 in prize money during TSNs annual skins game, airing live this weekend on TSN from The Fenlands Banff Recreation Centre. NEW YORK -- DeMarcus Cousins had a big third quarter, and these days it seems like everybody does against the Brooklyn Nets.Cousins had 37 points and 11 rebounds, scoring 18 points in the third quarter, to lead the Sacramento Kings to a 122-105 victory on Sunday night.He is just hands down one of the best players in the league, you know what I mean? Kings forward Matt Barnes said. When he picks and chooses his spots, hes tough.Rudy Gay added 22 points, eight rebounds and eight assists, and the Kings handed the Nets their seventh straight loss.Darren Collison added 18 points for the Kings, who won in Brooklyn for the first time since the Nets moved there in 2012.Sean Kilpatrick scored 22 points, Brook Lopez had 17 and Bojan Bogdanovic added 13 for the Nets.Barnes was ejected for a flagrant foul 2 on Kilpatrick with 9:34 left in the fourth quarter and Sacramento leading 97-79. Brooklyn then went on a 14-2 run to cut the deficit to 99-93.I think for the most part (it) woke people up, Kilpatrick said. I was kind of out of it once that happened. My mindset changed completely. At the end of the day we should react like that a lot more, especially if we want to win in this league. Like I said before, just got to come out with some type of edge.However, Sacramento responded with a 16-0 run of its own to extend the lead to 115-93.I was scared for a second because I think they went on a 13-2 run and I was just like, `Man, did I just cost the team the game? Barnes said. So I was a little nervous, but we regained focus and went on a run of our own and closed the game out strong.Everything went Sacramentos way in the third quarter, including a lob attempt from Barnes that went in off the backboard for a 3-pointer with 4:03 remaining. Sacramento led 92-77 heading to the fourth.The third-quarter woes that have plagued Brooklyn all season continued as the Nets were outscored 34-18.Cousins had 112 points in the first, but failed to score in the second quarter. Moussa Sissoko France Jersey. Omri Casspi, who has played sparingly for Sacramento this season, had eight points in the second quarter.Kilpatrick led all scorers with 15 points at the half.TIP-INSKings: Arron Afflalo returned to the starting lineup after coming off the bench in two of his previous three games. ... Skal Labissiere, Malachi Richardson and Georgios Papagiannis were inactive.Nets: Brooklyn has made 10 or more 3-pointers in 10 straight games. ... Rookie Isaiah Whitehead matched his career high with 11 points. ... Justin Hamilton matched his career high with 10 rebounds. ... Rondae Hollis-Jefferson (sore right ankle), Jeremy Lin (strained left hamstring) and Caris LeVert (left foot rehab) were inactive.MINOR DEVELOPMENTFormer No. 1 pick Anthony Bennett and Chris McCullough shuffled between the Nets and their D-League affiliate on Sunday. Im a big believer in the D-League. Ive seen it help so many guys, coach Kenny Atkinson said. I remember Jeremy (Lin) when we were with the Knicks and him going down to the D-League and kind of having a big game and coming back. There are many instances of that and it helps guys confidence.CENTERS SHOOTING 3S A TREND?Sure, because I think it opens up more space, Atkinson said. I think it just gives teams more room to operate and brings more variety to the offense. Youre not just defending one thing. Now youve got to defend DeMarcus Cousins post-ups, his isolations and now hes popping to the 3-point line, so its challenge. I think youll see more and more of it. Its definitely a trend.UP NEXTKings: Visit Washington on Monday, the second stop on their six-game trip.Nets: Host the Clippers on Tuesday. The Clippers beat the Nets 127-95 in Los Angeles two weeks ago. ' ' '