e going to find that out, too.That is the beautiful part o | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
q123 Sep 10 '19
                                      DALLAS -- Frustrated through 60 minutes by Dallas goalie Antti Niemi, the New Jersey Devils needed just 44 seconds of overtime to get their fifth straight win. Jordan Scarlett Womens Jersey .The Stars controlled the puck off the faceoff in the extra period, but turned it over, and the Devils Adam Henrique then beat Niemi to give New Jersey a 2-1 victory.You play 60 minutes, good game, and weve got to be happy having a 1-1 tie, Niemi said. It just gives it all away.Henrique and Kyle Palmieri skated in on Niemi on a 2-on-1. Palmieri sent a pass from the right side to Henrique at the edge of the left faceoff circle, and Henrique put the puck into the lower left portion of the net.To create a turnover, you got to be patient in overtime sometimes, and you just capitalize on that, Henrique said. Just try to get to the net on the 2-on-1. (Palmieri) made a great play, patient around their D-man. Just bury it once I had the chance.Dallas coach Lindy Ruff saw his team fall to 0-5 in overtime this season, and 0-9 going back to last season.We just made another ill-advised decision to put a puck in the middle. We had good possession. We should have been changing by that time, and the result was we made a bad pass, and we followed a bad pass and let guys get by us.Niemi made 31 saves, including all 16 New Jersey shots on goal in the scoreless second period.The Devils are 4-3 in overtime this season.The game had been tied since Patrick Eaves goal for Dallas at 10:33 of the first period.Damon Severson scored at 7:40 of the first for New Jersey, and Cory Schneider stopped 23 shots.Devils coach John Hynes was pleased to see Henrique and Palmieri come up with the game winner.I thought that they were big factors in the game tonight, Hynes said. Its good to see them get rewarded for some of the hard work theyve put in and havent got rewarded for. But I thought collectively, as a team tonight, we didnt have any passengers tonight. You look throughout the lineup, everyone competed.Severson scored on a 4-on-2 break after Dallas John Klingberg lost the puck at New Jerseys blue line. PA Parenteau passed from the left side to Severson in the slot, and he put a wrist shot into the upper part of the net.Eaves tied it on a 2-on-1 break as Antoine Roussel passed from the left faceoff circle to Eaves on the right and Eaves beat Schneider with a wrist shot.Dallas had a good scoring chance midway through the third period but Lauri Korpikoskis shot from the top of the left circle went off Schneiders left foot, between his legs and just wide of the left goalpost.Two minutes later, New Jerseys Nick Lappin sent an in-close backhand wide right.Game notes Devils LW Taylor Hall, their scoring leader through 14 games, did not play because of a lower-body injury. ... Seversons goal put him in a tie with Hall for the team lead with 12 points. ... Roussels first-period assist extended his scoring streak to seven games (three goals, six assists), but his three-game goal-scoring streak ended. ... Jason Spezza (lower-body injury) returned, bringing with him 34 points (eight goals, 26 assists) in 34 games against New Jersey. ... Dallas showed a video tribute to Devils LW Vernon Fiddler, who played the last five seasons for the Stars. ... New Jersey was 0 for 20 on the power play in the previous five games. ... Eaves tied Tyler Seguin for the Stars team lead with his seventh goal. Eaves career high is 20 goals in his rookie season, 2005-06.UP NEXTDevils: At Anaheim on Thursday night in the second game of a four-game trip.Stars: Host Colorado in the second of a four-game homestand. Jordan Scarlett Panthers Jersey . The mixed zone is not a place to make friends. DJ Moore Jersey . Now that hes hitting streaking teammates with pin-point passes for easy layups, Love is asserting himself as one of the true superstars in the league. http:///...rns-panthers-jersey/ .C. -- Glenn Howard needed an extra end to move into the Masters Grand Slam of Curling final. BEREA, Ohio -- Amid the pain and frustration that coach Hue Jackson feels with the?Cleveland Browns?0-10 start rests a bit of unshakeable bravado.Jackson let a bit of that out on Thursday when he discussed losing games to people who are friends of his.They better enjoy it now because it is not going to be like this very long, Jackson said, I promise you that.That statement came amid a fair amount of reflection, as Jackson discussed the difficulty of being winless in 10 games. He said he wakes up at night wondering, What am I doing? and added that losing is killing all of us in the organization.But he was steadfast that if the Browns turn things around in the future, this season will have been worth it.I promise you I will look back at this year and I will probably laugh about it at some point, Jackson said. Right now I cant. I cant stomach it.Right now the Browns are the subject of discussion and jokes: discussion about whether they will be the first team since the 2008 Lions to go winless, discussion about when the first win might arrive, and jokes about their perceived sad-sack persona and the constant losing that has infected the team.This season likely will mark the 12th in 14 years and the sixth season in a row the Browns will finish last in the AFC North.I do not like losing, Jackson said. Never have, never will, and I am struggling with it now. I will be the first to tell you that.Jackson is well-aware that his team is off to the worst in the Browns 66 years of existence.On Monday, VP of football operations Sashi Brown said the future remains bright and the front office will use the same process in the upcoming draft as last.Were not planning on 0-16. Thatd be very disappointing for all of us, Brown said. But at the same time were not focused on wins and losses. Were focused on really the core things that over a period of time will help us be successful.Jackson said he stands by Brown, that the two work well together and that Brown was viewing the season from a different lens -- the one held by a man in charge of finding the players for the short and long term, as opposed to the coach who worries about only the next game.Sashi is as competitive as anybody I know, and we are all trying to win, Jackson said. I dont know any other way to do this, me personally. With the team, that is all we ever talk about. I dont care what the situation is here as far as what anyone thinks about talent, these things, the elements or any of it. I am always trying to win.Brown had other statements that brought ccontext to his wins and losses remark, including: A lot of [what we do is] validated by winning. Cam Newton Panthers Jersey. We understand that thats what were here to do -- win. In time were confident we will do that.Jackson was steadfast.I dont want anyone to have the message that we dont want to win or that we are not working to win or that we are not trying to win because that is not the case at all, he said. I would feel really disappointed if anybody felt that way -- players, anybody -- because this business is too hard not to go out there to try to do that each and every week.Jackson also understands that people can question Browns credentials to pick players. Before this season, he had mainly worked as a lawyer on team issues and with the salary cap.Owner Jimmy Haslam surprisingly promoted Brown to vice president of football operations on the day of last seasons finale, a move that indicates the decision had been in place for some time. Haslam set up his organization so Brown would be in charge of player acquisition and Jackson would be in charge of coaching the team on the field. Both Brown and Jackson report to the owner.I feel very comfortable about what we are going to do in the future, Jackson said. I know sitting here today we are being judged, and that is OK and I get it. At the same time, you have to start someplace, and this is our starting point.As the team prepares to face quarterback?Ben Roethlisberger and the Steelers, there has been much discussion on how the Browns did not draft Roethlisberger in 2004, even though he was from Ohio and played at Miami of Ohio. Instead, he went to a division rival and has gone on to win 20 of 22 games when hes been on the field against the Browns.I wasnt here when they made the mistake of not drafting him, obviously, left tackle Joe Thomas said. It would have been great if we did.Jackson knows that until the quarterback position is solved, the Browns will be in a quagmire.I would hope to tell you guys that is why I am here, he said. I came here with that thought in mind -- that we are going to solve this quarterback issue that has been here. Is the guy on our roster now? We are going to find that out. Is the guy somewhere else? We are going to find that out, too.That is the beautiful part of it, of trying to solve that and I think we will. Until we solve that, I am sure like many of you guys feel, we will not be what we want to be. ' ' '