in his sixth start since being signed as a fr | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
jcy123 Sep 11 '19
                                      Its the first time that WWEs annual Survivor Series pay-per-view, now in its 30th year, returns to Canada since 1997. Kenny Stills Womens Jersey . In that event, now dubbed the Montreal Screw Job, Vince McMahon conspired with Shawn Michaels and referee Earl Hebner to orchestrate a different ending to the match than the one outlined with the then-champion Bret Hart -- one of the most infamous moments in wrestling history.Hart refused to lose to Michaels in Canada, and he had planned on relinquishing the WWE title the next night on Raw before joining rival promotion WCW. The incident upset many wrestlers backstage, who then planned on boycotting Raw the following night. In the end, only one wrestler ended up not showing up for work.That man was?Mick Foley.Just before leaving his home in Long Island for this Sundays Survivor Series event in Toronto, Foley took a few moments to speak to ESPN about his experience that day and touch on a few other topics prior to this historic event.I was just upset because I was a friend of Bret Harts, and more importantly, hes a guy that I respect as a champion and a person, Foley said. So I walked out and didnt show up the next night for Raw. If I had a car I would have driven home, but I didnt, so I sat in the hotel room in Montreal.I found out that night that one really is the loneliest number when only one guy sits out, Foley continued. There was a bunch of guys talking about it, but looking around the hotel I was the only one that ended up sitting out, so I said, Ah, I guess it didnt happen.After taking a moment to consider his long-term prospects, some insight from his wife allowed Foley to justify walking back through those doors and continuing on with the WWE.My wife pointed out that there was something in my contract that said I would be breaching my contract and couldnt work anywhere in the world for the next five years if I just sat home, Foley recalled. I came back and I was embraced, and it was never held against me -- as a matter of fact, I think Mr. McMahon respected it.Foley didnt love how things had played out in Montreal, but by continuing to pursue his lifelong passion, he achieved some of his greatest personal successes. The following year at Survivor Series, Foleys career would get the push he had always dreamed of when he was put in the main event against?The Rock?for the WWE championship.My greatest personal Survivor Series moment was facing The Rock in 1998 and having Mr. McMahon turn on me, Foley said. That set into motion one of the best series of matches Ive ever had and some of the most important with The Rock. Not only did we have great matches, but then we became teamed up following the rivalry, so that was big.By the time all was said and done, Foley was a three-time champion and earned induction into the WWE Hall of Fame in 2013. He returned to the WWE earlier this year when the company implemented a brand split, separating talent onto either Raw or Smackdown. As general manager, Foley has been one of the most vocal advocates for the womens revolution, and Raw has seen some history made by?Sasha Banks?and?Charlotte Flair?in the last several months. Not only did Raw see its first womens main event in 12 years, one of Raws?brand-exclusive pay-per-views featured the first-ever womens Hell in a Cell match, the first womens match to main event a pay-per-view event.Triple H?was one of the main proponents of womens wrestling, Foley said, acknowledging how much of a companywide initiative it has been. As soon as they hired Sara Amato, or Sara Del Rey as shes [been] known [on the independents] as a coach, it showed how serious the WWE was in developing this next generation of women talent. Ive just been a guy pointing, going, Look over there, theres something special happening. I hadnt seen Charlotte in years, and I hadnt even met the other women when I started watching them, but I knew there was something special there, and that people should take note of it -- and its only going to get better.Foley has been vocal on many topics of late, both within the WWE and outside of its scope on social media. No matter where you turn in the world, the fallout from the election of Donald Trump is being felt everywhere, by everyone, including Foley.While Foley has no personal interest in running for political office or cashing in on his celebrity to wield any kind of political power, he felt the need to make his opinion known prior to last weeks presidential election. The WWE Hall of Famer implored his millions of followers on Twitter and Facebook not to vote for Trump, who was standing about 15 feet away from me on stage, when both joined the WWE Hall of Fame in 2013.I know our fan base is all over the political map, and you dont want to offend half your fan base, but I said [to myself] I have to be able to look into the mirror and know I tried to do something, Foley told ESPN. I think its a scary time.President-elect Trump wasnt my choice, but Im going to be like Dave Chappelle and Im going to give him a chance -- but I think there are people out there with legitimate worries.Earlier this week, Bovada, an online betting company, set odds for the 2020 presidential election, including Dwayne The Rock Johnson at 100-1 and Vince McMahon, WWEs chairman and CEO, at 500-1. Foley said he could see his old tag-team partner and rival in the oval office in four years, even if it wont be a reunion of the Rock n Sock Connection.He also added a few other WWE names to that list, and while he initially feigned some apprehension, Foley included his current partner in crime, Raws commissioner Stephanie McMahon, in that group.I see The Rock running in 2020 and being a two-term president, Foley said. I think he would be great, and Im joking when I say I think?Stephanie McMahon?wouldnt be a fine president of the United?States. I think shes got the leadership qualities. I see those two as potential candidates, and I see Kane as a congressional leader.?Kane?could win, and hes maybe?the most knowledgeable man Ive met in any field of business. Jerome Baker Youth Jersey . Pirlo limped out of Sundays 1-0 win over Udinese after just 13 minutes. Juventus says Pirlo underwent tests on Monday which revealed he has "a second-degree lesion to the collateral medial ligament in his right knee. Nat Moore Dolphins Jersey . Robredo, ranked No. 16, bounced back from an upset loss to Leonardo Mayer in the second round of the Royal Guard Open in Chile last week to down Carreno Busta in 1 hour, 25 minutes. On a day filled mostly with qualifying matches, fifth-seeded Marcel Granollers of Spain also entered the second with a 7-5, 3-6, 6-2 win over Aljaz Bedene of Slovenia, while Guido Pella of Argentina defeated Guillermo Garcia-Lopez of Spain 7-6 (6), 6-4 to advance. http://www.authenticdolphinspro.com/Reshad-jones-dolphins-jersey/ .05 million next season unless Graham and the Saints subsequently agree on a long-term deal. The designation was released Monday after the deadline passed for NFL teams to use franchise or transition tags on players becoming free agents. SAN FRANCISCO -- The same team that sent the San Francisco Giants into their post-All-Star break funk just handed them another frustrating defeat.Paul Clemens fought through flu symptoms to combine with five relievers on a five-hit shutout, and the San Diego Padres beat San Francisco 4-0 Monday night.The loss came at a time when the Giants appeared to be coming out of a second-half swoon. They gained two games on the NL West-leading Dodgers last weekend with a three-game sweep in Arizona.But their latest defeat ended a streak of 11 consecutive home wins against the Padres and, more importantly, dropped San Francisco four games behind Los Angeles.With 19 games left, however, the Giants still lead the race for the leagues top wild card.The Giants had the best record in the majors going into the All-Star break. Then they were swept in San Diego during a three-game series that started a 1-7 road trip and set the tone for their miserable second half.San Francisco is tied with Arizona for the worst record in the majors since the All-Star Game.Weve had guys hot and cold since the break. We have not been consistent with our lineup, manager Bruce Bochy said. It looked like we came out of it in Arizona. It sure looks bad to get shut out when you get back home the first day, but were staying behind these guys.Hector Sanchez homered and singled twice against his former club. Yangervis Solarte drove in two runs and Luis Sardinas added two hits while helping the Padres to their fourth consecutive win over the Giants.San Francisco was 0 for 6 with runners in scoring position.We hit some balls hard, we just couldnt get anything to fall in and when we put guys on base we couldnt get a hit, Bochy said. Youve got to hit with runners on base and that was not there tonight. We had some pretty good hitters up there, too. We just couldnt get that big hit to get us rolling.Sanchez spent his first five seasons in San Francisco as a backup behind four-time All-Star catcher Buster Posey and had homered only twice previously at AT&T Park before hitting a 2-2 pitch from starter Jeff Samardzija ((11-10) into the stands above the brick wall in right field with one out in the sixth. Mark Duper Womens Jersey. Were playing good ball there (in Arizona) and even in Colorado we were playing good ball, too, Samardzija said. You want to come out and throw some zeros and give us a chance to win the game, and unfortunately they scraped a few across that ended up being the difference.Samardzija allowed four runs over six innings. He struck out six and walked one.That two-run homer put a sour taste in my mouth, Samardzija said. Unfortunately, I left a splitter a little bit up in the zone and he was able to put a barrel on the ball.Clemens (3-5) wasnt able to do his normal between-starts work because of his health but showed no lingering effects while pitching five gritty innings to end San Franciscos three-game winning streak. The right-hander allowed three hits, walked one and struck out two.HOT HUNTERHunter Pence continued his hot hitting for the Giants, going 2 for 4. Hes batting .650 (13 for 20) over his last five games.TRAINERS ROOMPadres: Manager Andy Green said RHP Tyson Ross (right shoulder inflammation) hasnt progressed as quickly as the team had hoped and isnt likely to pitch again this season. Ross did not accompany the club on its road trip and remained in San Diego to continue throwing. ... OF Travis Jankowski left the team to be with his family in Pennsylvania for personal reasons.Giants: 3B Eduardo Nunez was a late scratch because of back tightness. ... Relief pitcher Derek Law threw a simulated game and is likely to be activated from the disabled list Wednesday. ... OF Gregor Blanco (shoulder) is making progress and took swings before the game.UP NEXTPadres: LHP Clayton Richard (2-3) pitches the middle game of the series Tuesday night in his sixth start since being signed as a free agent on Aug. 6.Giants: RHP Albert Suarez (3-3) makes his 10th career start but first against San Diego. Suarez faced the Padres as a reliever earlier this season. ' ' '