gles on Friday, replaced Marin Drag | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
jcy123 Sep 16 '19
Nathan Cleverly expects Sergey Kovalev to beat Andre Ward on Saturday and wants a rematch with him next year. Dallas Stars Jerseys .Cleverly (30-3, 16 KOs) is as excited as any fan about the fight at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas which will decide the light-heavyweight divisions No.1.But the Briton has a close personal interest, too, as he should have a chance to line up a 2017 bout against the winner of Florida-based Russian Kovalev (30-0-1, 26 KOs), who will defend his WBA super, WBO and IBF world titles, and American Ward (30-0, 15 KOs).Its a brilliant fight, probably the best in the whole of boxing at the moment, because its such a contrast of styles, Cleverly told ESPN.Ward is a masterclass technically as a fighter and then you have Kovalev, whose boxing skills are underrated but has brute force in both hands. Its intriguing.It will be so close, and go the distance, but Im going with Kovalev. I see why people are thinking Ward, but Kovalev keeps his distance and has good balance, he has got long punches -- and he is the bigger guy.Kovalevs the natural light-heavyweight and Ward has come up from super-middle. He [Kovalev] is experienced at fighting bigger guys and his power will be enough to put Ward into his shell. He will win the rounds on work rate and make Ward very defensive. I think he will win a close decision.Kovalev became world champion in 2013 when he dealt Cleverly his first defeat as a professional, in front of his fans in Wales.It was a brutal fourth-round lesson for the home fighter, which featured two knockdowns before it was stopped. But that hasnt put Cleverly off a rematch with the Russian.The winner is my official mandatory defence, so will collide with me at some point in the not-so-distant future, he said. They will get their business done and I will get my business done and then it could happen.If its Kovalev, people will think Im crazy to get back in the ring with him, but Im a fighter and Im a risk-taker; if its there, I will do it. I took the fight too early last time -- next time will be different.Cleverly has suffered two points losses since taking a beating from Kovalev -- to fellow Briton Tony Bellew up at cruiserweight, and against Andrzej Fonfara. However, he revived his career last month when he won the WBAs regular version of the world title from Juergen Braehmer, who retired before the start of the seventh round with a shoulder injury.Provisionally, the rematch with Braehmer is my next fight, Cleverly said. I signed a rematch clause before the fight so Im expecting to fight him again in Germany.I won the [WBO] world title at 24, which is very young when you are against fully-grown men. I took a risk by fighting Kovalev aged 26; he was an unknown quantity then. He came over to the UK and I was a bit immature, he was a mature 30-year-old.He had too much for me. It was a devastating defeat at the time, but maybe it needed to happen. Mentally, Ive wised up, it has given me time to physically mature and get stronger, so maybe it was a blessing in disguise. Alexander Radulov Stars Jersey ., for the next three years with the signings on Monday of Daryl Townsend and Michael Carter. Blake Comeau Stars Jersey . Batiste, who briefly signed with the Eskimos in 2006, has spent time with several NFL teams including the Pittsburgh Steelers and Washington Redskins. http://www.thedallasstarshockey.com/radek-faksa-hockey-jersey/ . Luis Suarezs double powered Liverpool to a 4-0 victory over Fulham, and Southampton easily overcame Hull 4-1 to continue the south coast clubs impressive start to the season. Liverpool and Southampton sent Chelsea down to fourth place as the west London club was held to 2-2 at home. Visiting teams Britain, Argentina, and France all won hard-fought doubles matches to take 2-1 leads in the Davis Cup quarterfinals on Saturday.Meanwhile, the United States couldnt finish off Croatia in Portland, after Marin Cilic and Ivan Dodig gave the brothers Bob and Mike Bryan only their fifth loss in cup doubles, 6-2, 2-6, 6-2, 6-4, and kept the tie alive into Sunday.Jamie Murray and Dom Inglot put Britain in position to move its cup defense into the semifinals after beating Serbias Nenad Zimonjic and Filip Krajinovic 6-1, 6-7 (2), 6-3, 6-4 in Belgrade.Dusan Lajovic won the second singles suspended overnight when he beat Jamie Ward in straight sets in the morning to level the tie, but Serbia captain Bogdan Obradovic decided to rest Janko Tipsarevic from the doubles and save him for the reverse singles on Sunday.The veteran Zimonjic was paired for the first time in the cup with Krajinovic, who played with an injured wrist and viral infection but dominated the partnership.On Sunday, Kyle Edmund has a chance to clinch a tie for the first time when he plays Lajovic.If Britain win, it could play Argentina, which was on the cusp of an 11th semifinal in 14 years after Juan Martin del Potro and Guido Pella won their first doubles match together.Del Potro and Pella outlasted Fabio Fognini and Paolo Lorenzi 6-1, 7-6 (4), 3-6, 3-6, 6-4 over nearly four hours in Pesaro, Italy.Fognini began the day by playing the second singles that never started on Friday because of bad light and weather. He bounced Juan Monaco, playing in his first tie in 2 1/2 years,, 6-1, 6-1, 7-5, and was so fresh that Italy put him in the doubles and pulled Marco Cecchinato. Tyler Seguin Jersey. Two hours later, Fognini looked fresh but was let down by Lorenzi.Del Potro, the 2009 U.S. Open champion, was playing his first tie in nearly four years, and his first Davis Cup doubles, but there was no empathy from Italian fans, whose whistling when he served eventually drove the umpire to warn the fans.On Sunday, the winners of the opening singles meet, Argentinas Federico Delbonis and Fognini, in what could be the deciding match.Wimbledon doubles champions Nicolas Mahut and Pierre-Hugues Herbert of France won on their cup debut when they prevailed against hosts Lukas Rosol and Radek Stepanek 6-1, 3-6, 6-3, 4-6, 6-4 in Trinec.Rosol beat Jo-Wilfried Tsonga in a five-set singles on Friday, but was summoned to replace Adam Pavlasek, who had a back problem. Rosol struggled on serve, and was broken in the opening game of the final set in what turned out to be the decisive break.Tsonga could still have a say in the first reverse singles on Sunday, when he plays left-handed Jiri Vesely for the first time, with a chance for France to win on Czech soil for the first time in 90 years.In Portland, Cilic, despite losing a five-set singles on Friday, replaced Marin Draganja in doubles, and the move paid off as Croatia won to cut the Americans lead to 2-1. Cilic has the first reverse singles on Sunday, against John Isner. ' ' '