Luke Willson Jersey White | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Meckerecke
Mitglied
elaine95 Sep 19 '19

About a year ago Trey Flowers Jersey White , the Detroit Lions made the tough decision to divorce themselves from tight end Eric Ebron. It was the end of an ugly era that saw fans turn on the former first-round pick after Ebron’s inconsistent play and confrontational attitude towards critical fans reached a breaking point. In the end, the Lions didn’t think Ebron was worth the $8.25 million he was due to make, as general manager Bob Quinn called the move strictly a “financial decision.” Ebron responded by going to the Colts and setting a career high in yards (750) and setting the Colts’ record for single-season touchdowns from a tight end (13). The former Lions tight end has remained relatively quiet about his time in Detroit since landing in Indy, typically choosing to decline comment on the Lions organization or only taking very, very subtle jabs(?) at Detroit. However, last week at the Super Bowl, Ebron spoke with Dave Birkett of the Detroit Free Press, and recalled about his time in Detroit. He was still very reserved and careful with his words, often prefacing an answer with “I’m not going to downplay the organization” or “I’m not going to take anything away from Stafford,” but he did have one thing he was very clearly unhappy with during his time with the Lions: His lack of red zone usage.“I used to beg for it http://www.lionslockerroom.com/authentic-levine-toilolo-jersey ,” he said. “I begged everybody. Everybody. A lot of people knew it, but it is what it is.”According to NFLsavant.com, Ebron received 6, 8, 9 and 12 red zone targets in his four years in Detroit. In one season with the Colts, Ebron saw 22 red zone targets come his way, five more than any other player on Indy. His 13 touchdowns led all NFL tight ends and was second only to Antonio Brown among all receivers. Ebron suggested this was a microcosm of a bigger problem in Detroit: their inability to hear and understand their players’ needs.“Just listen to their players,” Ebron offered as advice to the Lions. “They’ll understand exactly what I mean, at least the players will understand what I mean. Just listen to the players, man. The players play Womens Ricky Wagner Jersey , and if there’s some things that can help their game, do it.”Obviously, since Ebron has left, the Detroit Lions have changed nearly all of their offensive coaching staff. However, it’s unclear if his advice is directed towards them or management. Either way, this offers at least a little background on how things devolved with Ebron so quickly. After a rough 2018, could Wiggins play better on the left side?" Detroit Lions RosterDetroit Lions Analysis2018 Detroit Lions roster review: Will Kenny Wiggins hold onto a starting spot? New,17commentsAfter a rough 2018, could Wiggins play better on the left side? EDTAs we continue offensive line week, let’s address the Detroit Lions’ left guard vacancy. With T.J. Lang now gone and retired Womens Dwayne Washington Jersey , Detroit has opted to shift over their offensive line one spot to the right. Frank Ragnow is now moving from left guard to center. Graham Glasgow appears destined to play at Lang’s vacated spot at right guard. That leaves a few candidates to come in and play left guard for the 2019 season.The player that got the most reps at that position during OTAs and minicamp was veteran Kenny Wiggins. Last offseason, the Lions signed Wiggins to a two-year deal to help add some experience to their offensive line depth. But Wiggins may not be depth this year. He could be a starter.Kenny WigginsExpectations before 2018After signing his two-year deal in Detroit, it looked like Wiggins was headed for the starting job at left guard. However, the Lions drafted Frank Ragnow in the first round, and Wiggins was clearly headed for a veteran backup role. That being said, his familiarity with new offensive line coach Jeff Davidson made him a lock for a roster spot and his versatility—he had experience at both guard spots and even some work at tackle—pretty much ensured that he’d get some playing time eventually.Actual role in 20182018 stats: 16 games (10 starts)PFF grade: 54.8 (69th among tackles)Lang struggled with his health all year, and Wiggins, indeed, was the first one off the bench to replace him. The veteran guard went through some serious struggles, especially in the running game. That being said Luke Willson Jersey White , Wiggins did eventually settle into his role at right guard. Despite finishing with a pretty awful 54.8 overall PFF grade, his last four games all graded out with at least an 58.5 grade, including an great 73.9 grade against the Bills in Week 15. Wiggins’ performance must have been good enough for the Lions to believe he could play better in 2019. Detroit didn’t do much to replace him, only adding veteran journeyman Oday Aboushi in free agency and a couple of undrafted rookies. Outlook for 2019Contract status: Signed through 2019 seasonWith little competition, it appears the left guard job is Kenny Wiggins’ to lose. If you’re looking for a sign of optimism with having Wiggins in the starting lineup, the one good thing is that over his career Wiggins has played better on the left side than the right. He had his two best PFF season grades in 2015 (61.7) and 2016 (65.7) when playing mostly at left guard.That being said, there is a competition brewing. Detroit mixed around their offensive line combinations during minicamp, and it’s clear they want to give Oday Aboushi and Joe Dahl a fighting chance at the job. In the past, Wiggins has fought through some serious adversity. He’ll have to do so again this year if he wants to remain in the starting lineup, but he knows what to expect.“I’ve been through it all. I’ve been cut 10 times http://www.lionslockerroom.com/authentic-kenny-golladay-jersey , I played in the UFL. I’ve done it all, so nothing surprises me at this point in my career,” Wiggins said back in May. “I think I’ve proven I can play in this league, and it’s just going out there and just doing what I normally do day-in, day-out, being the same person when I walk in the door.”