The Los Angeles Chargers were | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » CALISIA » Fehler auf der Seite
Mitglied
zhangzk Sep 19 '19

COSTA MESA Kyzir White Jerseys 2019 , Calif. (AP) — able to address one of their biggest needs during the first round of Thursday’s draft by selecting Notre Dame defensive tackle Jerry Tillery with the 28th overall pick.The Chargers have one of the best defensive end combinations in the league with Joey Bosa and Melvin Ingram, but depth at defensive tackle has taken a hit during the offseason. They released Corey Liuget prior to the start of free agency while Darius Philon and Damion Square departed as unrestricted free agents.“His inside pass rush ability is what stood out from the tape,” general manager Tom Telesco said. “He runs very well for a big guy. He has size, length and is very flexible.”The 6-foot-7, 305-pound Tillery was a second-team selection to The Associated Press All-America team after leading the Fighting Irish in sacks (eight) and forced fumbles (three). He had 30 tackles, including 10½ for loss, and five quarterback hurries to help lead Notre Dame to the College Football Playoff semifinals.Tillery’s selection not only provides depth White Justin Jones Jerseys , but gives the Chargers an athletic pass rusher up the middle who could challenge for a starting spot. He joins a defensive tackle group that includes 13-year veteran Brandon Mebane and Justin Jones, who was drafted in the third round last year.Tillery played in 50 games with 35 starts during his collegiate career and recorded 13½ sacks. The Chargers were one of his pre-draft visits.“I knew they were interested but I tried to approach each visit the same,” Tillery said. “I think with my size, length and athletic ability, I put them to good use to become a great technician in my pass rush ability and also using my leverage to stop the run.”Tillery’s best game last season came on Sept. 29 against Stanford when he had four sacks and a forced fumble. He played most of last season with a torn labrum in his right shoulder and had surgery in March. Tillery said he had a checkup with his surgeon last week and that he is on schedule to be cleared for contact by the start of training camp in late July.Tillery could also be utilized on special teams after he blocked two kicks last season.This is the third time in the past four years that Telesco has taken a defensive player in the first round. He selected Bosa with the third overall pick in 2016 and took safety Derwin James 17th overall last year. Telesco said he did not receive many offers to trade out of the pick, and that Tillery was the only player remaining on their board with a first-round grade.“He is a solid first-round player. You don’t always get that at 28,” Telesco said. “I was fine to take a guy on our board at the top or middle of the second round if we couldn’t trade out. It worked out that Jerry was there.”The Chargers still have needs at linebacker Justin Jones Jerseys 2019 , free safety and guard, which they are expected to address on Friday and Saturday. Your daily dose of Los Angeles Chargers news & notes from around the web." Chargers Daily LinksLos Angeles Chargers Daily Links: What are the Chargers’ biggest offseason needs?New,21commentsYour daily dose of Los Angeles Chargers news & notes from around the web.PSTChargers’ roster restructure taking shape - John WozniakOffensive tackle, interior defensive lineman and linebacker are positions that require attention for the Chargers’ roster restructure. General manager Tom Telesco spoke confidently about the Chargers offseason activities, including discussions that have taken place between the Bolts and several players, including veteran Antonio Gates and cornerback Jason Verrett. Shaping the roster for 2019 is the key to another successful season.Los Angeles Chargers: Creatinbg the team's offensive Mount Rushmore - Travis WakemanSo who were the four best offensive players in Chargers history? Which four faces would fans be able to go and visit as a tourist attraction, like those who go to the Black Hills of South Dakota? Of course White Uchenna Nwosu Jerseys , in Los Angeles, the faces of these players would have to go above the big Hollywood sign or their names would have to be added to the Walk of Fame, but you get the picture.Fantasy football stats: Los Angeles Chargers best of the last decade - Daniel KelleyAllen’s career: Great rookie season in 2013, injury-plagued 2014, injury-plagued-er 2015, injury plagued-er-er 2016. People were losing hope for the extremely talented receiver. Which is why his return to prominence in 2017 was that much more exciting than a mere good season. He topped 100 receptions, played all 16 games Uchenna Nwosu Jerseys 2019 , won Comeback Player of the Year. And he brought it back in 2018 with a season that was almost as good. We can retire the “injury-prone” moniker and just look at Allen as one of the league’s elite.'Hell of a dunk,' but Anthony Lynn suggests Derwin James skip hoops - Eric D. Williams"That was a hell of a dunk, wasn't it?" Lynn said jokingly. "I just saw that yesterday, so I haven't had a chance to talk to him yet, but we'll save some of those during the season."Free Agent & NFL Draft Needs for All 32 Teams - Mike TagliereIn case you’ve missed it, the Chargers desperately need defensive tackles. Not only were three of their top five tackles hitting free agency, but they declined the option in Corey Liuget‘s contract White Derwin James Jerseys , leaving them with essentially zero starters. They’ll be addressing the position in the draft, and it’s a good one to do that, as it’s a very deep draft class full of defensive tackles. Denzel Perryman and Kyle Emanuel are also hitting free agency, so inside linebacker is another obvious need.Social Media Information:BFTB Facebook Page: Click here to like our pageBFTB Twitter: Follow @BFTB_ChargersThe Lightning Round Twitter: Follow @Lightning_RoundThe Lightning Round Facebook: Click here to like our pageBFTB Manager: Richard Wade: Follow @RichardWade