Womens Derek Newton Jersey | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Meckerecke
Mitglied
elaine95 Sep 24 '19

Let’s examine the second tackle the Texans selected in the 2019 NFL Draft."Before the 2019 NFL Draft Jose Altuve Jersey White , I had the following to say about Max Scharping: via Gfycat via Gfycat via GfycatThat was then. This is now. Since I wrote that, Scharping became a second round selection of the Houston Texans. Typically, I would have waited to see Scharping play in a season or two, decide if he’s good or bad, and say, “Yes, I was right” or “Team ‘X’ taught him how to do ________,” or “I was completely wrong” and then go back and see why. Never would I be revisiting something this early again. There’s too much life out there. The sun feels too good. But since the Texans selected him in the second round, so I felt it would be worth my time to go back and take a look at him again. After revisiting Scharping, I feel better about the pick than I originally did. His size is a problem for defenders. Even if he catches defenders with his body instead of his hands, his anchor should be good enough to swallow up most defenders.via GfycatIn the run game, Scharping is better than I thought he was. It’s hard watching college video and seeing so many blocks that have zero resemblance to the pro game. So many of Scharping’s run blocks were backside shielding, not true backside double teams, or one-on-one blocks with zero effect on the play itself. He can block down pretty well to move the defensive tackle inside and off the guard. He can reach the defensive end. These are good things. Scharping does have issued with vertical movement Womens Braxton Miller Jersey , though. He should demolish smaller defensive ends off the ball with his size. But he catches too much and needs to explode once contact is made. The red wire is snipped once the alarm clock numbers hit 0:01. Ahhh, disaster was so close.via GfycatThe key for Scharping is that he absolutely has to fix his hands and pass set. He falls off run blocks way too often and again, he doesn’t create enough movement, which is partly due to his hands. There isn’t enough of an impact when he makes contact. In the pass game, this shortcoming gives defenders second and third opportunities to get after the quarterback. Scharping turns way too often when pass protecting. Instead of an angular kick-slide, he’s turning and inviting the wrong one in, opening the door for spins and inside moves. Here he eventually turns because he delays contact for too long, even after a decent pass set. Pass blocking can be aggressive. Linemen become passive in pass protection when the hands are meek.via Gfycat via GfycatScharping was fortunate to have the left guard he had next to him. That left guard was able to help him against inside moves and seal off the counters that took advantage of all the turning and opening. A proper pass set should correct these problems. Scharping has shown he has the feet to meet the defender at the point of attack, even if he doesn’t show the hands to end the pass rush right then and right there. Occasionally, he does kick-slide correctly; when he does, it looks pretty, fluid, and natural.via GfycatWhen he kick-slides and has the hands properly utilized, the body is too strong for the defender to recover. Scharping becomes insurmountable.via GfycatYou can name any Week One offensive line combination for the Texans in 2019 and I would believe it. Matt Kalil-Senio Kelemete-Greg Mancz-Zach Fulton-Tytus Howard?Sure. Julien Davenport-Martinas Rankin-Nick Martin-Tytus Howard-Max Scharping?Let’s do it. There isn’t an unthinkable permutation. Yet when it comes to Scharping Womens Arian Foster Jersey , I assume he’ll sit and watch unless things become so disastrous that he’s forced out there like Martinas Rankin was at left tackle in 2018. Hand correction for offensive linemen is like accuracy for quarterbacks. It rarely gets better, and if it does, it’s a long-term project. Scharping’s pass set is also going to take time to correct. From a future perspective, I like the pick more than I did on Saturday.From a 2019 perspective, I’m not expecting much. HOUSTON (AP) — Lamar Miller was searching for ways to improve this offseason after what he calls a disappointing 2017.It was then that the Houston Texans running back decided to take the advice of two former Miami Hurricanes running backs with a combined 25 years of NFL experience.Edgerrin James, a four-time Pro Bowler who spent 11 years in the NFL, and Frank Gore, a 35-year-old who made the Pro Bowl five times and is in his 14th season shared their secret for NFL longevity: weight loss.“They were just telling me that every year they tried to play lighter and lighter because as you get older they say you lose a step … and all that weight is not good,” Miller said.“So just having guys like that to give you some knowledge on some of the things that helped them throughout their career, I just felt like it would help me. So that’s something I tried to focus on this offseason was to lose some weight.”Gore called Miller his “little brother” and said he’s a big believer in running backs getting lighter as they age.“I used to play at 217, 218 when I was younger,” he said. “Now I try to play lighter than that.”That led the 5-foot-10 Miller to shed about 7 pounds, dropping from 225 last year to 218 this season.Though he didn’t make the change until this season, his transformation was about three years in the making.Gore http://www.thetexanslockerroom.com/authentic-bradley-roby-jersey , who Miller has long looked to for advice, first brought up that he started playing a bit lighter every year as he aged before Miller’s first season in Houston in 2016. But Miller was just 25 at the time and thought he was too young to worry about something that helped older players.So, he went the other way and gained a few pounds before that season because he thought it would help him carry a bigger rushing load.He had a good year, rushing for 1,073 yards with five touchdowns, before a 2017 season where he finished with 888 yards rushing and never ran for more than 75 yards in a game all season.And when he spoke with James this offseason and he shared the same thing as Gore and suggested Miller should slim down, too, he decided to give it a try.“I thought: ‘They had success doing it so why can’t you,'” Miller said.It’s a change he believes has made a big difference.“I can feel it,” he said. “I feel lighter when I’m running and stuff and overall my body feels good. I think it’s helped me. So far, I’ve been doing good. I don’t really see how it hasn’t (helped).”The numbers back it up. Miller had 103 yards rushing last week for his fourth 100-yard game this season, and with five regular-season games left he needs just 13 yards to eclipse last year’s rushing total.Coach Bill O’Brien has been impressed with Miller’s improvement this season.“He really wanted to come in this year and have a good year for us and that’s what he’s done,” O’Brien said. “I think we’ve managed him pretty well and he’s done a great job of, in the offseason Womens Derek Newton Jersey , training and then having a good training camp. He’s always been a consistent performer for us.”The thing that disappointed Miller most about his numbers last year was that he averaged a career-low 3.7 yards a carry.“That was bad,” he said. “My whole career I was averaging 4 yards or better, so that was a big drop-off for me.”This season he’s boosted his average to 5 yards a carry, which is second only to the 5.1 yards he averaged in 2014 when he ran for a career-best 1,099 yards in Miami. Miller ranks sixth in the NFL in yards rushing and has the longest TD run in the league this season after he rumbled 97 yards for a score in Houston’s win over Tennessee on Nov. 26.That run made him the only player in NFL history to have two TD runs of 95 yards or longer after he also had a 97-yard touchdown run in 2014 while with the Dolphins.Houston defensive end Jadeveon Clowney said that Miller looked like a rookie on that run and Miller, who was a sprinter on Miami’s track team along with playing football, said he heard similar things from many old friends after that touchdown.“People were saying: “oh you still have your speed and stuff,'” Miller said. “So just hearing it from a lot of people that I grew up with was good.”Gore was among those who delighted in seeing Miller break that long run and he raved about his work this season.“He’s balling,” Gore said. “He’s taking advantage of his opportunity. I hope he gets in the Pro Bowl.”Miller knows the solid play of Houston’s offensive line and his focus on being more decisive have also contributed to his success this season. But he’s sure the weight loss gave him a boost and that’s why he’s going to follow in the footsteps of his fellow former Hurricane friends for the rest of his career.“I’m back in a rhythm,” he said. “I’m doing some positive things to help this team win and that’s always a good thing. So, I’m going to keep that formula to try to keep losing weight as I get older.”