learned a lot from Joe Burger myself as a linebacker | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
corse178 Jun 12 '18
The San Jose Sharks and Chicago Blackhawks are scheduled to meet only two more times this season, but its not out of the realm of possibility to see these surging clubs face off in the postseason. Cheap Nike Titans Jerseys .When the Sharks and Blackhawks hit the ice Sunday evening, two of the Western Conferences best teams will each be looking for their fifth straight win.This is their second matchup of 2016-17 and the Sharks only regular-season game at the United Center. San Jose is 2-6-2 in its last 10 visits to Chicago, but Blackhawks coach Joel Quenneville is not expecting an easy game.Weve got a very good team to get ready for (Sunday) night, he said.On Nov. 23 in San Jose, Logan Couture scored a power-play goal, Joel Ward added a shorthanded tally, Brent Burns had two assists and Martin Jones stopped 33 shots in the Sharks 2-1 win over the Blackhawks.Chicago (21-8-4) opens up a four-game homestand, where it is 12-2-3, with an NHL-best 46 points after rallying with three goals in the third period, capped by an empty-netter from Artemi Panarin, to beat the St. Louis Blues 6-4 on Saturday.Panarin has been the Blackhawks most productive player during their winning streak. With four goals and five assists in the last four games, the reigning Calder Trophy winner now has 29 points (13 goals, 16 assists) tying Patrick Kane for the team lead. Panarin also scored in the loss to the Sharks last month.Also productive for Chicago has been Scott Darling, who has been solid in goal while Corey Crawford recovers from an appendectomy. Though he has surrendered four goals in each of his last two games, Darling has given up only 16 goals in his last eight contests, posting a 5-2-1 record with a shutout.When you play this much, just like any goalie, theres going to be some games where you have some bad bounces or bad luck, Darling told the Chicago Sun-Times. Youre not going to have shutouts every game. ... Put it in the rearview mirror and get ready for the next one.Based on the timeframe given for Crawford to heal following surgery, he should be back during this homestand, which ends Dec. 27 against the Winnipeg Jets.If Crawford is not activated and Darling is given a well-deserved breather, then Lars Johansson would make his NHL debut against the Pacific Division leaders. In 16 games with Rockford of the American Hockey League, the 29-year-old native of Sweden was 6-7-0 with a 2.63 goals-against average, a .911 save percentage and a shutout.The Blackhawks could be without Artem Anisimov, who is day-to-day after leaving in the first period Saturday with an upper-body injury. Anisimov has 14 goals this season, but his six game-winners ties Jeff Carter of the Los Angeles Kings for the league lead.San Jose (19-11-1) will try to close its four-game road trip by extending its longest winning streak of the season. After shootout wins over the Toronto Maple Leafs and Ottawa Senators, the Sharks scored four goals in the first 26:44 and held on to beat the Montreal Canadiens 4-2 on Friday.Rookies Kevin Labanc and Timo Meier have made big impacts for the defending West champions. Labanc has four goals including a game-winner in 18 games so far and Meier, the ninth overall pick in the 2015 NHL Draft, scored on his first shot during his pro debut against the Canadiens.Weve got young guys that have come in and basically knocked down the door, Sharks coach Peter DeBoer told the San Jose Mercury News. Theyre not coming in just hoping to survive.Labanc and Meier are part of a balanced offensive attack thats been key to the Sharks success through the first three games of this road trip. Eight players have scored at least one goal and 14 players have registered a minimum of one point, with Burns (goal, three assists) and fellow blueliner David Schlemko (goal, two assists) leading the way.Burns is continuing to play at a Norris Trophy-winning level, coming into this contest on a seven-game points streak, in which he has five goals and two assists, and he leads all defensemen with 13 goals and 133 shots taken. But since joining the Sharks in 2011, Burns has been held in check by the Blackhawks as theyve limited him to one goal in eight games in Chicago.If Jones starts in goal, he will be looking for his ninth road win of the season. Starting with a shutout against the Washington Capitals on Nov. 8, Jones is 7-2-1 with a 1.97 GAA and .927 save percentage away from home.His lone win over three games in Chicago came Feb. 9 when he made 33 saves in a 2-0 victory. Cheap Titans Jerseys Free Shipping . -- Linebacker Myles Jack ran for four touchdowns, defensive end Cassius Marsh caught a scoring pass, and No. Tennessee Titans Harold Landry Jersey . "Thank you for the warm welcome," Beckham said on an 80-degree February morning. In this case, it was soccer weather. The sport moved a step closer to returning to South Florida on Wednesday, when Beckham confirmed he has exercised his option to purchase a Major League Soccer expansion franchise in Miami. http:///...ashaan-evans-jersey/ . -- Eastern Kentucky thrives off creating havoc for others. COLUMBUS, Ohio -- When Ohio State announced its seven captains, the names were familiar and fairly predictable. Except for one: Joe Burger.Those who havent studied Ohio State games closely over the past three seasons probably havent heard of Burger, a senior backup linebacker who walked on and finally earned a scholarship this summer thanks to his work ethic, gritty determination in practice and relentless effort on special teams.Coach Urban Meyer loves guys like Burger. Great student, wonderful attitude, a charismatic natural motivator respected by everyone. Now Burgers teammates have recognized his effort by voting him a captain alongside the teams six returning starters from last season.As good a guy as there is, Meyer said.Burger is a Cincinnati product who had scholarship offers from other big schools -- including Saturdays opponent, Bowling Green -- but decided to walk on at Ohio State instead. Hes played in 34 games over the past three years and has a grand total of three tackles. His biggest play as a Buckeye was last year when he brought down Indiana punter Erich Toth for a 3-yard loss on a fake punt attempt. Ohio State was trailing by 7 at the time and eventually won the game 34-27.Burger said being elected captain was humbling.My name was on the sheet, but I had no idea how it was going to turn out, he said of the vote. When I heard coach Meyer call my name, it was just one of those feelings that you really cant describe. Im forever grateful to my teammates, and Im blessed to be around such a great group of people every single day. Tennessee Titans Jerseys For Sale. And you get the idea he means it.Middle linebacker Raekwon McMillan said Burger is a team leader, regardless of how often hes on the field. His role this year again will be special teams.Ive learned a lot from Joe Burger myself as a linebacker, just the leadership traits he has on and off the field, said McMillan, who is also a captain. He comes in day in and day out and always does what hes supposed to do. Some guys are physically more gifted than him, but he always finds a way to win.Burger said the selfless standard set by the teams best players enabled a guy whos not even on the depth chart to be elected a captain at one of the most elite programs in the country.Besides Burger and McMillan, the other captains are quarterback J.T. Barrett, offensive linemen Pat Elflein and Billy Price, defensive end Tyquan Lewis and cornerback Gareon Conley.I think they kind of set the standard and said hey, we respect the people who work hard, we respect the people who come in every day with a smile and make others around them better, Burger said. So I think those guys are instrumental in allowing this opportunity for my teammates to select me. I think it sets a great example that you dont have to be a superstar on the field in order to be a leader.---Follow Mitch Stacy at http://twitter.com/mitchstacyFor some of his other recent stories: http://bigstory.ap.org/content/mitch-stacy NFL Jerseys Wholesale China Jerseys Wholesale Wholesale Stitched Jerseys China Jerseys Cheap Cheap Jerseys Online Cheap Jerseys Throwback Cheap NFL Autographed Jerseys ' ' '