w Orleans Saints at University of Phow Orleans Saints at University of Pho | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
q123 Okt 11 '19
The You Can Play Project announced on Tuesday that former NFL player Wade Davis has been named as the organizations Executive Director. Stitched Royals Jerseys . Davis is one of a small number of openly gay men to have played professional sports. He played college football at Weber State before spending four years with NFL practice squads and in NFL Europe. In addition to his collegiate and professional sports background, Davis has spent the last two and a half years working with inner-city LGBTQ youth at the prestigious Hetrik-Martin Institute in New York City. "I am honored to have the opportunity to join such a ground-breaking organization in You Can Play," said Davis in a statement. "In a short period of time, their work has made significant strides in changing the culture of the sports world. I am hopeful that my background as an athlete and an LGBT youth advocate will allow me to take You Can Play to the next level." This year, Davis co-founded the You Belong Initiative, which partnered with the NBA, You Can Play, and other LGBT Sports groups to provide the worlds first LGBTQ sports camp to inner city youth. A member of this years HBO "Out List", Davis has written for the New York Times, Huffington Post, Outsports.com, and other major media outlets. Davis appears on the boards of the GLSEN Sports Project and Go! Athletes. "Wade is an absolute home run addition for You Can Play. With a background in both professional sports and in working directly with LGBT youth, he has what can only be described as utterly unique expertise," said You Can Play co-founders Patrick Burke, Brian Kitts, and Glenn Witman in a joint statement. Kansas City Royals Store . As the crowd erupted, Davis knocked the ball off the glass and back into his hands. With 1:14 to go in overtime, Davis sixth block also became his 17th rebound. That, along with his 32 points -- which tied a career high -- proved too much for Denver to overcome, and the Pelicans held on for their third straight victory, 111-107 on Sunday night. Royals Jerseys 2020 .5 seconds to play in the game, Kevin Love never stopped believing that they would come out of there with a win. https://www.cheaproyals.com/ . Rinne played two periods in his first game since left hip surgery in early May. Gabriel Bourque scored 3:07 into the second period and Austin Watson tallied 5:15 later for Nashville. TEMPE, Ariz. -- The Arizona Cardinals have released wide receiver Michael Floyd,?two days after he was arrested on charges of driving under the influence and failure to obey a police officer.Cardinals coach Bruce Arians opened his news conference after Wednesdays practice by telling reporters they could read about the roster change and that he wouldnt talk about it. But Arians later said releasing Floyd was a unanimous decision by him, general manager Steve Keim and team president Michael Bidwill.Its a statement, Bidwill said from the NFL owners meetings in Irving, Texas. We had a difficult decision to make there.Coach Arians talks to all of the team after games, before bye weekends and around holidays, Bidwill added. He always makes sure that he emphasizes what our standards are, which is dont be the guy. And also to be focusing on what youre supposed to be doing for the team.Floyd was found unconscious behind the wheel of his running vehicle at a Scottsdale intersection early Monday morning, police said.Floyds black Cadillac Escalade sat through at least two green-light cycles with him passed out behind the wheel. Officers barricaded his SUV between their cars as they prepared to wake him up, according to the police report detailing the arrest.The SUVs engine was running and Floyds foot was on the brake, the report said.The mood was somber in the Cardinals locker room Wednesday as news spread of Floyds release.?A common refrain was how well-liked Floyd was.Its a tough day, quarterback Carson Palmer said. Mikes a close friend of mine, offseason golfing buddy, workout partner, so its tough. I believe in Mike. I hope for nothing but the best for Mike and look forward to seeing what he does with the next opportunity he ggets. Kansas City Royals Gear. afety Tyrann Mathieu said he hoped Floyd gets another chance.Everybody is going to have something to say, Mathieu said. Everybody is going to try to criticize you. Everybody thinks they know what youre going through. I think the most important thing is for him to believe in himself.According to the police report, Floyd initially told officers that he was leaving his home in Scottsdale to pick his nephew up from the airport, but his story evolved into him having one drink, and he later said it was two drinks.Police said Floyds story jumped around between him drinking on the team plane back from Miami and drinking at the W Scottsdale Hotel, but Floyd eventually settled on having had wine -- house cabernet -- on the team plane. Floyd also told the officers he was on a blood-thinning medication.Floyd had three alcohol-related brushes with the law at Notre Dame, including a DUI in his final season.The Cardinals chose Floyd in the first round of the 2012 draft, 13th overall. He was playing this year under a team option that the Cardinals enacted before the 2015 season.This season, his contract year, Floyd had 33 catches for 446 yards and four touchdowns. Those numbers were well off his 2015 stats, when he overcame early injury problems to catch 52 passes for 849 yards.Floyds best season was 2013, when he had 65 catches for 1,041 yards. He caught two passes for 18 yards in Arizonas 26-23 loss at Miami on Sunday.The Cardinals host the New Orleans Saints at University of Phoenix Stadium on Sunday.ESPN staff writer Eric D. Williams and The Associated Press contributed to this report. ' ' ' in her first start in an LPGA Tour event.Defending champion Chella Choi had a 72. Last year, the South Korean player beat Ha Na Jang with a par on the first hole of a playoff for her first LPGA Tour victory. ' ' '