An injury to pass rusher Khalil Mack | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » CALISIA » Fehler auf der Seite
Mitglied
zhangzk Okt 22 '19

After three weeks of success Taylor Gabriel Jerseys 2019 , adversity hit the Chicago Bears in waves., a key missed field goal, turnovers at critical times, penalties, and a faltering defense all combined to help take down the Bears 31-28 in overtime Sunday against the Miami Dolphins.The mistakes ended a three-game winning streak by Chicago (3-2) and even led to the first real criticism for coach Matt Nagy. On Monday at Halas Hall, Nagy stood up for his share of blame."I'm a big boy," Nagy said. "I can handle the criticism."Of more concern than all of this with the New England Patriots coming to Soldier Field on Sunday is Mack's health. He completed the game after suffering an ankle injury, but failed to record a sack for the first time this season.Team medical personnel will evaluate his injury in the next few days, and Nagy said it won't include X-rays.Chicago's defense looked entirely different without Mack 100 percent healthy. The pass rush never got to Miami quarterback Brock Osweiler, and the Bears' league-best run defense was trampled by 35-year-old running back Frank Gore for 101 of Miami's 161 rushing yards.Missed tackles on Albert Wilson contributed to two shorter passes going for long touchdowns to cap off a nightmare afternoon in the heat for the Bears."I hope it's an aberration, but we'll discuss it and we make everybody accountable," Nagy said about poor tackling. "I think for our team and our players we like to pump them up and show them the good stuff, but we'll also show them the bad stuff. You know White Chase Daniel Jerseys , why did this happen? And use it as motivation."So I hope it was just a one-time thing."Some turnovers took on a different form than in other games this season.Quarterback Mitchell Trubisky threw one interception in the end zone, but for the first time the Bears offense had someone other than Trubisky lose a fumble.Both Jordan Howard and Tarik Cohen lost the ball, Howard at the goal line and Cohen with the offense near midfield in pursuit of the winning points."We need to protect the football better," Nagy said. "We need to have better ball security and try to win those turnover margins."Howard went for more than a quarter without a carry following his goal-line fumble, but Nagy said no punishment was involved and this was determined more by the game situation."Anytime somebody does that, a lot of times you're in that mode where somebody fumbles the football and you want to give them the football right away," Nagy said. "But for us, we were having success throwing the football in the second half and we just stuck with that."Despite the interception, Trubisky put up a strong second half and finished 22 of 31 for 316 yards with three touchdowns. His passer rating for the season is 105.6."Mitch is playing really well right now, he's playing really well," Nagy said. "You're seeing the growth of the players' trust within each other, and his growth with these players."Nagy had to fend off questions about his overtime decision to run the ball on third down, rather than pass to try to get Cody Parkey a field goal try closer than 53 yards in overtime. Parkey missed it wide right."Hindsight is 20-20 Chase Daniel Jerseys 2019 ," Nagy said. "You pass the ball and get the first (down), and then who knows what goes on from there? In the end, I felt very comfortable with giving Cody Parkey a chance to make that field goal."And I'll say this: Depending on the situations, I have ultimate trust in him to make that."The Bears remained in first place in the NFC North with a 3-2 record after the loss, and Nagy looked ahead with a positive attitude."This is not a 'Debbie Downer' organization," Nagy said referring to the "Saturday Night Live character. "We're a winning team, we lost that game, life goes on. How're we going to get better?" The last weekend before the draft and Chicago fans are... happy to have Khalil Mack and Anthony Miller..."BEAR DOWN, CHICAGO BEARS, BEAR DOWN!!!!BEARRRSSSS / FREE AGENCY / DRAFTInfante: Chicago Bears 2019 NFL draft primer - Draft Wire - Everything you need to know about the Chicago Bears heading into the 2019 NFL draft.Zimmerman Podcast: Draft Analyst E.J. Snyder - Da Bears Blog - EJ Snyder, draft analyst from Windy City Gridiron, breaks down the running back prospects in detail, plus some key prospects to look out for at safety White Allen Robinson Jerseys , corner, edge and tight end.Salgado: 5 Players the Chicago Bears Should Target in the 2019 NFL Draft - Athlon Sports - The Chicago Bears were one of the biggest surprises of the NFL last season. After four consecutive losing seasons under Marc Trestman and John Fox,...Bernstein: A Motivational Trick Off the Table For Bears - 670 The Score - A motivational trick is off the table for the Bears... here’s why... Brooks: How to win with big-money NFL QB; what Seahawks MUST avoid - NFL.com - Can a team win a title when its quarterback is signed to a megadeal? Bucky Brooks dives into that million-dollar question. Plus, what must the Seahawks avoid in 2019, and do the Packers need to draft a QB this year?Morrissey: With a tough schedule, Bears are lined up for a 10-6 season - Sun Times - I have applied all of my analytical powers and huddled with my sources, and I’m here to tell you that the team’s just-released schedule is a beast.Finley: History not kind to No. 87 overall, where Bears will pick first - Sun Times - After trading his first two picks in this year’s draft, Ryan Pace is counting on striking gold when the Bears draft at No. 87 overall next week.CBS Sports mock draft has Chicago Bears taking OL Nate Davis - 247Sports - Ryan Wilson of CBS Sports recently released a seven-round mock draft and had some interesting selections along the way for the Chicago Bears. One of the biggest surprises came with his third-round pick for the team. Since Chicago does not hold a first- or second-round pick it will not be making a selection until pick No. 87. For Wilson, he thinks North Carolina-Charlotte offensive lineman Nate Davis makes sense for the team.Medina: Trey Burton Was Mr. Reliable for Mitch Trubisky in the Red-Zone - Bleacher Nation - What if I told you Trey Burton was one of the NFL’s five best tight ends last year?POLISH SAUSAGEReport: Raiders send scouts home until after the draft – ProFootballTalk - The hay may not be fully in the barn, but the barn has been emptied of any livestock. The Raiders have sent their scouts home until after the draft, according to Ian Rapoport of NFL Media. Per the report, coach Jon Gruden and G.M. Mike Mayock “don’t know who to trust. Ken’s Note: Jon Gruden is an idiot.KNOW THY ENEMYWay-too-early predictions for the Lions’ 2019 schedule - Pride Of Detroit - You want predictions. We’ve got them Allen Robinson Jerseys 2019 , Magic 8-Ball style. Ken's Note: Q: "'Will Detroit finish dead last this year?" A: "You may rely on it".2019 NFL Draft: NFL Network to have war room footage of Detroit Lions - Pride Of Detroit - Once again, we’ll get a peek into the Lions’ war room.Detroit Lions draft history: How Detroit pulled themselves out of 0-16 - Pride Of Detroit - It has been a decade since the infamous 0-16 season. How have the Lions rebuilt since then?Does Rick Spielman have a conference bias? - Daily Norseman - Let’s break down his picks since becoming GMBreaking down the 2019 Vikings schedule - Daily Norseman - The season is only 144 days away!April Fools — Looking back at APC’s most improbable real Packers headlines of the last year - Acme Packing Company - Mike McCarthy’s in-season firing is just one surprise of many in the last 12 months.IN CASE YOU MISSED IT ON WINDY CITY GRIDIRONWiltfong’s Mocking the Mocks: NFL.com’s 7-round Bears draft - Windy City Gridiron - We breakdown the latest 7-round mock draft from NFL.com to see what t hey think the Bears will do.WCG CONTRIBUTORS BEARS PODCASTS & STREAMS2 Minute Drill - Website - iTunes - Andrew Link; Steven’s Streaming – Twitch – Steven Schweickert; T-Formation Conversation - Website - iTunes - Lester Wiltfong, Jr.; WCG Radio - Website - iTunes - Robert Zeglinski - The Blitz NetworkTHE RULESWindy City Gridiron Community Guidelines - SBNation.com - We strive to make our communities open and inclusive to sports fans of all backgrounds. The following is not permitted in comments. No personal attacks, politics, gender based insults of any kind, racial insults, etc.The Bear’s Den Specific Guidelines – The Bear’s Den is a place for Chicago Bears fans to discuss Chicago Bears football, related NFL stories, and general football talk. It is NOT a place to discuss religion or politics or post political pictures or memes. Unless otherwise stated, the Den is not an open thread, and profanity (including profanity only stated in pictures) is prohibited.Click on our names to follow us on Twitter:WCG Contributors: Jeff Berckes; Patti Curl; Eric Christopher Duerrwaechter;Kev H; Sam Householder; Jacob Infante; Aaron Lemming; Ken Mitchell; Steven Schweickert; Jack Silverstein; EJ Snyder; Lester Wiltfong, Jr.; Whiskey Ranger; Robert Schmitz; Robert Zeglinski; Like us on Facebook.